Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

alonebfg

Members
  • Posts

    861
  • Joined

Everything posted by alonebfg

  1. can i just say i think this depends if windows detects a network card during the install if not it wont give you the network options ie do you wish to join domain also if you are doing an uniatended install they need to be set up per type of machine as i found out the dont work the same on all machines. i hope this helps.
  2. can i ask a silly question how many cables are you connecting to this router and have you got any swith at all involved ie from the ends of cables upstaires all in switch and then switch into router and downstairs direct into router or all plugged direct into router. Also I know someone has probly asked but have you tried same pc at all points IE lappy or is it diffrent pc (some routers you can disallow or allow certian macs) ensure mac filtering is not on .
  3. ok thank i will have a look but was lookind at more of a file structure log ie public last accessed 30/1/06 files last accessed date folder1 last accessed date files in folder 1 last accessed date ect ect ect i hope this makes things a bit clearer
  4. I am looking for some help with some software. Ok i got it wrong i am looking for some software. (no cost if possable) i need some software to list/print folders and files within a folder. I also need to be able to attach the date last accessed. Does anyone know of any please.
  5. May I just say refrance XMA the only problem i have with them is time IE sent laptop for waranty repair and it took nearly 2 months ?? and deliver on new machines took 3 weeks. started useing another suppler deliver in 4 days and machine was repaired in the week.
  6. well give me a shout if you want another one and i will finish coding it.
  7. have made a start but i need some more details ??
  8. explain exactly what you are after and i will be happy to write a script for you have done about 30 now from installing software to network searches for .mp3 and jpegs the first bit is easy do you want to select what variable or browse to ?? also is the directory always the same or will you browse to it
  9. With pat plus You can export it to a csv file and import into a database if thats sounds good thats what i do but i use pat plus for recording and printing test resaults then export it to access. Its as is as that.
  10. we bought a fluke 6500 it came with pat plus and all you do is scan download and print it is that simple had a 7 year old helping me and even he colud do it and it only cost £800 plus £40 for calabration.
  11. ok sorted had to give back the roles back to the origanal server and rebuilt the server it seems of luckly there was not much on it. but it need to take over sooner or later. i just hope that i wont come across the same problem again.
  12. have done all that dns fine netdiag and dcdiag i will run today. Its strange that its only on one way and the fact access one way is good the other way it cant work and the problem server is the pdc I might try giving back pdc to the other server. will get back to you when i done netdiag and dcdiag.
  13. I use backup assist Its cheap easy to use and does all i need eved got the extra modules
  14. ok this is really strange on the two servere sysvol is situated in windows sysvol. lets say server 1 is new 2003 r2 and server 2 is old 2003 upgraded to r2. ok from server 1 i cant edit or run .vbs or .bat \\domainname\sysvol or \\server1\sysvol or \\server2\sysvol but when logged onto server 2 i can access and edit the lot. Im am confused now by the way server 1 holds the dns and is now pdc.
  15. No i havent this is a new install of 2003 r2 and just promoted to pdc its driving me mad as its been fine for weeks and only started doing this about a week ago.
  16. Ok i have investagated all the usual roots but with no luck in the \\domain name\sysvol cant access (open or edit) .bat .exe .vbs but can open and edit .txt .doc .log keeps telling me access denied i have 2 servers running 1 with 2003 r2 and one with 2003 r2 upgraded from 2003 it has only just started happening has anyone else seen this by the way have no access problems from the 2003 R2 server that was upgraded.
  17. Ok this id driving me mad. for some reason all my scripts no longer run. Anything stored under Sysvol cannot be edited opened or anything else. It seems to be just scripts as i created a .txt file and i can open edit it and save it then i rename it .vbs and then i cant access it i can copy it and delete it just cant run it or edit it. Has anyone got any idea as all my printers have stopped working and people now havig problems logging in. It just like filescreening is on but i dont have it on sysvol and have not set it up
  18. I am not in kent i am from south west Sorry for the dely answering been having a few probs of late but hope to sort them soon
  19. yes but two 3 channel scsi card is not good fair enough if they sold raid as well but to spend £75 when its not needed at all. If it brakes and not under the 3 year gar then the chances you could get the same card cheaper anyway.
  20. I am doing the course next week in london for think you know at the ceop centre. Its free and it looks good i did post about it but noone has been from whet i can make out from the posts. I do have a free place as someone has pulled out its on the 10th july if anyone intrested its for a morning and you must have current CRB enhanced if you are intrested pm me.
  21. Hair I still got mine but since i am now supporting 2 schools i am losing it very fast even me hairdresser said are you sure you want me to cut it its falling out (must be a perk f the job i am told) welcome all and have fun.
  22. Ok this is a question that not exalty a bad experince but i did not know where else to put it. A week ago i hade a cd drive failer and had to change it. This was not a problem t was on one of my servers so it had to be done in the quite hours. when I open the sever up I had the shock of my life. we have a scsi array (not raid yet) with a tape drive and looking in the pc I found that there was not just one but two controlers both the exact same. both 3 channel and one did not even have anything plugged into it. When i found the order i have since found out that the school bought the extra controler card ?? at the time there was not tech support for the school. Has anyone seen or heard of big companys selling non tech staff in schools things they dont need for the school??
  23. Ok I have come accross a strange request. Befor we start i know how to make a folder invisable ie c$ but this is not the problem what I have ben asked is is there a way that if someone does nothave permision to access the folder they do not see it network places. I dont think this can be done i know i can make them all invisable and just run a net use and connect them all as drives but i dont want to do this. has anyone any idears.
  24. Well I am sorry if I offended anybody by my comments. I have said it befor and i will say it again the media is a minefield I have been to many contrys in my lifetime and I am only 34 I have seen many religious movements some good some not so good. I think that we are very lucky to live where we do in england. We have many religious groups all living in harmoney. We have difrent caltures and diffrent beliefs. that is what makes us human. we are a lucky contrey by the fact we are free. I have been to china where it is a diffrent story but things are changing. In all people are good and our boys fighting are not fighting. They are a peace keeping force trying to stop civilans getting hurt and training there police fource to deal with problems. I have had two friends die this year and still it is happening. I would just like to say we are lucky and I am proud to be british. We help in schools so the teachers can teach our children and give them a good start in life some countrys dont have that. I would just like to say I wish peace was easy but it is not it is hard but one day the world will learn to live together in peace(that is my wish I can say this I have seen death poverty and war and i hate it). good luck boys you do our country proud.
  25. also where do you get the well funded from not being funny but some of the terriest have more money then our militry are getting (I have friend still in) and they buy there own boot as the ones they are bing isued fall apart in about two days. More and moe money is being taken off the militry they are being told they dont need it but i have my own veiws.(not for public viewing) But the way are boys get treated when it come to money is not good. Its only recintly that they have started getting a bonus for being out there (due to the fight for a tax relife) yet a mearchet person serving on rfas or a busnissman out there does not have to pay tx if they are out for 6 months so what do they do bring the boys back 5 months and 29 days ?? how is that right.
×
×
  • Create New...