sidewinder
Members-
Posts
3,170 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by sidewinder
-
Ah, I wondered where you'd found my username!
-
PS3 online is decent enough, no its not as good as Live but its acceptable - very rarely get lag on COD and the like. The downloads (demos/patches) are abysmally slow though. New xbox looks cool. I cant justify having 2 consoles though for the amount I play so I'll stick with the PS3 (plus most of my mates have one, thats what it all boils down to if you like playing online IMO). If I did buy an xbox it would be an older, fatter and now much cheaper model
-
We've also decided to change from Ghost to MDT2010. Eventually planning to be able to deploy all apps with it, but as we've got nearly a thousand machines to do we'll be capturing custom WIM images and deploying those for each type (student, student + ict software, teacher, admin etc) Being able to use the same image for multiple HAL's is a bloody godsend
-
That looks quality. I'd buy one this minute if it wasnt for the mixed reviews...some saying its great, some saying its rubbish
-
In a teachers drawers you will tend to always find.....
sidewinder replied to mattx's topic in General Chat
Some random colouring pencils/felt tips, a broken pencil, and never, ever a working pen -
Anyone? Or just some general advice? I've removed the client from a few teachers PC's but they still reckon IE is crashing. But I just cant see what else could be causing it EXCEPT PCE? Whats the issue with Sophos? There are quite a lot of 'suspicuous behaviour' alerts, does this in itself cause a problem even if the client alone isnt? Getting mountains of complaints now, its getting bad here
-
lol ive heard almost the exact same story, either an urban legend or its just spread throughout the IT world!
-
Thanks, I didnt know much about it. So say I go on holiday, buy a big bottle of water and leave it in the room for a day so its warm, but not boiling. Is that then potentially dangerous?
-
Yes, I meant I imagine most people would be using it anyway because it works better, hence they are already protected
-
I'll be honest, I'm a bit naive about all this. I mean I know standing water isnt a good thing, but I never knew that bacteria would breed in a bottle of water? As for the car, I dont see why you wouldnt use screenwash tbh, it does a much better job of cleaning Anyway with the window washers, surely the spray doesnt come inside the car so where is the risk?
-
As long as they're not just being lazy and not reading what you've provided, then I'd go and help them
-
http://www.esreality.com/files/placeimages/2007/55173-lolwut.jpg
-
:D:D
-
ROFLCOPTER
-
Series 4? I thought there had only been 2! Good news anyway
-
Surely by 4pm it will be half time? Kickoff is 3, we're an hour behind SA
-
Fair enough. Silly old me just installs every update going
-
lol it wasnt a personal attack on either of you. Its just amusing that theres been loads of world cup streaming/viewing threads and every one has someone mentioning about TV licences and the like when that hasnt been asked. In a way that is a good thing as some people may not realise, but equally plenty of people probably do realise and are already fully legal
-
ITV Player will be showing the match - the first one isnt on the BBC Possibly a new record! 10 replies before someone mentions legality/copyright/TV licences
-
Anyone having problems with the 3.1.0.3 client? We've been alright for a while but in the last few days have got lots of reports of IE crashing. Have removed PCE client from one room to see if it makes any difference but lets be honest, PCE is usually the culprit
-
The Marauding Monkeys have been entered Picked the team in about 5 minutes so probably not the best. Its a little easy to pick a ridiculously good team mind!
-
Hmm, create a google account and keep signed in just for a background image? no thanks
-
Oi! Anyway, I'm supporting England, not anyone half decent
-
You know what I hate about the world cup? People moaning about the world cup
-
Usually its spread all around the office so never really inventory what I use but if say I had to assemble a kit to last a few days of normal work: laptop/netbook (nothing beats having your own machine with useful tools preinstalled) known good cable tester known good cat5 cables selection of screwdrivers pliers scisscors external HDD memory stick screenwipes alcohol wipes compressed air bootable linux cds etc usb - sata/ide cable post-its lots of pens
