Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Avalon

Members
  • Posts

    122
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Avalon

  1. that seems to have cured it, thanks Nick! I was getting some strange 'bad request' errors when I tried to change the UNC paths, which I assumed wasn't saving changes but I think it must have been
  2. checked the drive letter was showing and tried both upper and lower case drive letters but getting the same problem unfortunately
  3. I am running version 7.2, okay will take a look at that thanks
  4. I am getting the following error when I try to open any document logged on as any user and cannot find any reference to it it any other HAP thread: Server Error in '/hap' Application. The given key was not present in the dictionary. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.] System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) +4329183 HAP.Web.routing.Downloader.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +282 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +597 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +266 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1 Any ideas?
  5. Everytime I logon regardless of the user account under the email address it has what looks like a disk space bar and has the figure -2% inside it Any ideas what this means and why it appears for every user? is there a way to hide it? Thanks in advance
  6. tried this on a computer rather than via a RDP connection into the server and getting the same error, no users other than administrator are able to login. Can you expand on your interactive logins point Nick? The first time I installed HAP at a different site it just worked straight away so was surprised to see these error messages ...
  7. this could be it - I was connecting remotely to the server via RDP of which non-administrator users can access Thanks
  8. This is not a bug more of a stupid error on my part but I was wondering whether any can help me here. I have installed the latest version of HAP and get the following error message when logging in as a teacher or student, when I log in as an administrator it all works as expected: Server Error in '/hap' Application. Something is wrong Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Exception: Something is wrong Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [Exception: Something is wrong] HAP.AD.User.Impersonate() +570 HAP.Web.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +2101 System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3048 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1 Any ideas?
  9. Hi, I have downloaded the latest version of the files and have now configured HAP absolutely fine. The problem I am having is that when I try to login with any user account other than administrator i get the 'server error in '/hap' application' message. When i login with the administrator account it logs in fine and works as expected. Any ideas? thanks in advance
  10. I am having a problem with MLS Connect. It is installed and the job completes successfully but when I look in Eclipse - Database - Intake no students are showing in there where I would expect the new year 7 students to appear. Also the existing students do not appear to have had their details updated as I included photo's in the export but they have not been imported either. MLS have reported the issue to GroupCall but was wondering whether anyone experienced anything similar?
  11. I have used this before which sounds like what you are after News Show Pro GK4 - GavickPro Free Professional Joomla 1.6+ Extensions
  12. thanks for that. I was running gpresult /r but missed the vital piece of information I should have picked up on. It seems the GPO applied to the Students OU is not getting applied. the scope includes authenticated users, computer configuration settings disabled and under delegation authenticated users have read and apply GPO permissions. I have ran gpupdate /force but when logging on again the mapped drive and printer still do not appear
  13. sorry for hijacking this thread but it looks as though your question has been answered and I am having a very similar problem. I am struggling to get group policy preferences to apply when a user logs on. I have mapped a drive and added a printer but they do not appear. We are running 2008 R2 and are trying this on a Windows 7 client. We have one test OU called Curriculum where the computer resides (user settings disabled) and one OU called Students where the student account resides (computer settings disabled). There is a GPO linked to Curriculum and a GPO linked to Students. All user settings are being correctly applied to the user apart from preferences. Any ideas?
  14. if you have spiceworks you can browse all serials in your inventory and run a report which should give you the output you want
  15. has anyone received any more information on this yet? I received an email confirming my place which said more information would be emailed across shortly, that was over a week ago and the event is tomorrow!
  16. +1 for the HP MicroServer
  17. its not best practice to add more than one vCPU to a VM? Never heard that before. I am testing a terminal server running as a VM. With 4 CPU's allocated the server cpu usage is critical, with 6 CPU's it runs perfectly.
  18. I am having a problem with a VM on vpshere 4. To give a bit of background we have two similar VM's running Server 2003 standard, which both had 6 CPU's allocated in vCenter. For some strange reason after a routine restart of one of the VM's it will not boot with an error message complaining about the number of CPU's. I have contacted VMware support and they said that only the Enterprise version supports more than 4 CPU. What i don't understand is why both VM's were happy running with 6 CPU's and now after restarting one of the servers there is a problem. Also, surely there must be a way of assigning these CPU's as cores rather physical processors. So I could allocate 8 CPU's to a VM which are configured as four cores per processor. Has anybody experienced anything similar?
  19. Good choice! I bought an ER-6F about 18 months ago. Economical enough when you need it to be but not exactly sluggish when you are in the mood for a bit more ...
  20. i recently bought a hp proliant microserver for home use and am very happy with it. I added in a second hard drive and upgraded the memory to 8Gb from the original spec. I installed vmware esxi on it and have created a few VM's which run very nicely on it. £100 cashback offer still running on the hp microserver until the end of april too!
  21. just to add to stevenewman's post: I have had this before and found a 62.5 micron fibre on quite a long run and then a 50 micron patch lead to connect to the switch and produced a huge ammount of loss. This would cause a noticeable reduction in performance ...
  22. I implented vSphere 4 last summer: - 3 virtual hosts with two quad-core Xeon's in each and 32Gb of RAM in each host - HP MSA 2000 SAN with additional shelf (mixture of hard drives using 15k drives for production data and 7.2k drives for test data and backup) - vRanger Pro - vCenter I didn't see the point in keeping one DC physical, could not see any feasible reason to do so. I had a chat with a HP engineer who had just passed the MSA SAN course. He explained to me the redundancy that is engineered into the SAN's and how SAN redundancy is overkill and not necessary. I was also concerned about only having two hosts, looking at performance now one host would not cope with all of the VM's and then you are down to a single point of failure running just one host (you never know!) We all have different infrastructures and budgets to start with so there is definitely no 'one size fits all' implementation, but it is interesting to see what options exist ...
  23. I think it is a giant waste of money. why do they need me to fill in a form saying where I live, who I live with and my occupation. They have all details from council tax, Inland Revenue, medical records etc etc. Can they not join the dots?
  24. not good news for CC4 schools on Vista who cannot afford to upgrade to W7. I wouldn't be happy if we had to rebuild every workstation back to XP!
×
×
  • Create New...