localzuk Posted November 19, 2015 Author Posted November 19, 2015 Hang on, what? After a bunch of trades, a villager will stop offering those trades until you've done some of the later ones, which are, in my experience, invariably useless (my last villager wanted 3 emeralds for a leather helmet before he'd allow earlier trades again).
Garacesh Posted November 19, 2015 Posted November 19, 2015 That's a bit ruddy useless I'm not even sure I need emeralds. I probably do, but I have no use for them just yet. Just spied some easy trades.
Geoff Posted November 19, 2015 Posted November 19, 2015 I did some more thaumcraft research, I'm trying to get enough warp to trigger eldritch. No luck so far. I expanded my AE system with more storage drives and hooked it up to my ore processing. I need to get some auto crafting sorted out though. I helped dlehman83, showing him how to use the tinkers workbench to upgrade his tools and how to melt villagers in his smeltery for emeralds, due to there being iron in it though we ended up with pig iron.
localzuk Posted November 19, 2015 Author Posted November 19, 2015 I didn't know about the melting villagers thing. I'll be setting up a villager spawner tonight then! Emeralds are used a fair amount in my stuff!
Sephiroth Posted November 19, 2015 Posted November 19, 2015 I set up some waterwheels last night so that I'm actually producing more power than I'm using! I also build an electric jetpack and am looking for somewhere to build my proper base, preferably somewhere flat. A desert or plains type would be ideal.
localzuk Posted November 19, 2015 Author Posted November 19, 2015 I'm thinking of setting up Dynmap on the server, so that everyone can see the world we have explored (and prevent the need for huge amounts of new chunks to be created/lag the server).
Sephiroth Posted November 19, 2015 Posted November 19, 2015 I'm thinking of setting up Dynmap on the server, so that everyone can see the world we have explored (and prevent the need for huge amounts of new chunks to be created/lag the server). That would be brilliant. I'd be interested to see where people have been!
Geoff Posted November 19, 2015 Posted November 19, 2015 Yes please, also will the dynamap chat be enabled?
localzuk Posted November 19, 2015 Author Posted November 19, 2015 Dunno. Gotta figure out how to use it yet. Seems to have been updated since the last time I used it.
Geoff Posted November 19, 2015 Posted November 19, 2015 There's a forge mods version. You just put it in the mods folder and it 'works'. Dynmap v2.1 for MC 1.7.10 (Forge 10.13.2) - Files - DynmapForge - Mods - Projects - Minecraft CurseForge However it's better if you disable the dynmap webserver and have apache/lighthttpd/nginx (I assume this is a Linux server) or whatever serve up the pages thereby reducing server load. https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/Setting-up-without-the-Internal-Web-Server This does complicate the config somewhat.
localzuk Posted November 19, 2015 Author Posted November 19, 2015 OK. Dynmap is now doing a full render. I have also added this mod - Overview - Thaumcraft Inventory Scanning - Mods - Projects - Minecraft CurseForge Might help the whole thaumcraft thing. Its optional, so add it if you want it, else you don't need to!
Geoff Posted November 20, 2015 Posted November 20, 2015 OK. Dynmap is now doing a full render. I have also added this mod - Overview - Thaumcraft Inventory Scanning - Mods - Projects - Minecraft CurseForge Might help the whole thaumcraft thing. Its optional, so add it if you want it, else you don't need to! Was getting a bit of lag last night, I'm guessing that was dynmap doing rendering. I've installed that mod with my client. It took a little bit of figuring out. You basically have to open your inventory and pick up the thaumometer with your mouse and drag it over other items. Also @localzuk the apiarists backpack you put in my AE system is crashing me when I try and remove it. Can you have a look and see if you can get it out? Leave it in a chest or something.
localzuk Posted November 20, 2015 Author Posted November 20, 2015 Dynmap doesn't appear to be working properly - need to investigate it this weekend I think! Getting a 500 error when trying to access it, and the render seems to be erroring out. I'll look at that backpack tonight.
localzuk Posted November 21, 2015 Author Posted November 21, 2015 Dynmap is now up and running (had the wrong version downloaded and installed). Its running a full render at the moment, so there may be a little lag going on. I've done a scrape of the textures too, so it should be using as many of the various mod textures as it can too!
Garacesh Posted November 21, 2015 Posted November 21, 2015 Are people using any texture packs? I'm using default right now 'cause in my past experience I've never found packs that cover all the mods.
Domo Posted November 21, 2015 Posted November 21, 2015 Would you mind adding me to the server? IGN: Skoir Not played FTB in ages. Could be something fun to do.
LiamH Posted November 22, 2015 Posted November 22, 2015 Are people using any texture packs? I'm using default right now 'cause in my past experience I've never found packs that cover all the mods. I'm using soartex, if you use the ftb launcher and click on maps and textures on the start page there is a drop down box for the individual packs. Plus the way minecraft handles textures is on a priority system so if the texture pack is missing something it will use the default so no bad texture worries.
Garacesh Posted November 22, 2015 Posted November 22, 2015 Plus the way minecraft handles textures is on a priority system so if the texture pack is missing something it will use the default so no bad texture worries. Well that's new! It didn't used to. Thanks
localzuk Posted November 23, 2015 Author Posted November 23, 2015 I've now started building a rail network. Will need to learn how to do routing/switching stuff, but hopefully there will end up being a central station at/near spawn, and then lines to everyone's bases. Gotta have trains in Minecraft!
localzuk Posted November 23, 2015 Author Posted November 23, 2015 No, overground, with ornate bridges etc...
LiamH Posted November 23, 2015 Posted November 23, 2015 Spent hours trying to find a Bliz last night, if anyone has one in a pokeball can i steal one?
localzuk Posted November 23, 2015 Author Posted November 23, 2015 I've got a Blizz spawner I can swap in for you? They also spawn across the river from EvilGrin's base.
Domo Posted November 23, 2015 Posted November 23, 2015 Walked 1500 blocks back to where i died, Then went "wait can't i just /back" /facepalm. Really need to look @ the mod list lmao. Got as far as making a pulverizer and a redstone furnace while i was on anyway, it's a start i suppose xD
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now