localzuk Posted November 30, 2015 Author Posted November 30, 2015 That portal system is pretty cool. I've now built my "rail shed", as I realised that my setup for building the rail system just wasn't working for me. So, plenty of space to work with now!
Garacesh Posted November 30, 2015 Posted November 30, 2015 I got the mystcraft / computer craft touch screen portals working. There is one near spawn with links to a few people. I still need to make links to everyone else, and create books for people to get to the portal room from their base. The portal room isn't really a room yet. Just a floor so feel free to fill it out now that the functionality is there. Oooh we have a proper portal room now. I was thinking of setting one up but barely anyone seems to be using Myst right now so I just have beacons at everyone's bases for totally non-cicada-related-purposes
Sephiroth Posted November 30, 2015 Posted November 30, 2015 Oooh we have a proper portal room now. I was thinking of setting one up but barely anyone seems to be using Myst right now so I just have beacons at everyone's bases for totally non-cicada-related-purposes Speaking of... Who put one in my base!? I can't find the damned thing! I had one in the temporary hole that I build, and only found the cicada when I was dismantling everything. Just need the opportunity now...
Garacesh Posted November 30, 2015 Posted November 30, 2015 Speaking of... Who put one in my base!? Depends. I'm assuming you're Sephiroth[numbers] on the server, in which case, it actually wasn't me [like, legit. I don't know where you live.] I don't ever dig them in, though. They're always out in the open, they just may be hidden in some little nook or cranny. I'm sure @localzuk wasn't happy to find I'd manage to sneak one into his pipe trunking without breaking any blocks
localzuk Posted November 30, 2015 Author Posted November 30, 2015 Wasn't me - haven't done any cicada'ing for a few days! That one took me a while @Garacesh! But I'll get you back. Don't you worry!
Garacesh Posted November 30, 2015 Posted November 30, 2015 I'm quite certain you will I was looking around like "Bah, I don't just wanna stick it on a generator or something.." and then I saw it. That little + of holes up your trunking, and it was perfect *frantically closes all gaps* D:
bald_pig Posted November 30, 2015 Posted November 30, 2015 Why don't you drop your inventory when you die
TopazTJ Posted November 30, 2015 Posted November 30, 2015 Why don't you drop your inventory when you die You have to break the tombstone that's waypointed, it has all your items in there!
bald_pig Posted December 1, 2015 Posted December 1, 2015 You have to break the tombstone that's waypointed, it has all your items in there! Oh boy, I have a lot of work to do! Means only one lot is lost from when I was sucked into a void
Garacesh Posted December 1, 2015 Posted December 1, 2015 Somebody broke the rules again yesterday That one was easy enough to find, but it's still breaking blocks xP lol
localzuk Posted December 1, 2015 Author Posted December 1, 2015 Oh boy, I have a lot of work to do! Means only one lot is lost from when I was sucked into a void If you know where the void was, please give us the co-ords so we can make it safe. Somebody broke the rules again yesterday That one was easy enough to find, but it's still breaking blocks xP lol Wasn't me this time! Not had time to go to the Twilight Forest for supplies, so I've run out.
bald_pig Posted December 1, 2015 Posted December 1, 2015 If you know where the void was, please give us the co-ords so we can make it safe. Twas made safe at the time I believe, it was the one at the flooded village near my hovel.
localzuk Posted December 1, 2015 Author Posted December 1, 2015 Ah, cool. That'll've been EvilGrin who fixed that one then!
Geoff Posted December 1, 2015 Posted December 1, 2015 That was a hungry node. The way you deal with them is to box them in with obsidian (as they wont eat it). Then you can reach them to break them. There's also an alternative solution where you feed them crafting tables to get them to 300 in each aspect then bottle them, but I wasn't feeling that brave.
LiamH Posted December 1, 2015 Posted December 1, 2015 (edited) Somebody broke the rules again yesterday That one was easy enough to find, but it's still breaking blocks xP lol Wasn't me, i did pop one in your house yesterday but no blocks broken! I'm out of supplies too, is someone stockpiling them for an all out war? Oh evilgrin, i replaced that portal gun portal with a mystcraft one, goes to my base where you should be able to hop around everywhere, Also added some useful biomes to mine like desert and snow. Edited December 1, 2015 by LiamH
Geoff Posted December 1, 2015 Posted December 1, 2015 Also added some useful biomes to mine like desert and snow. That reminds me, has anyone found a jungle?
localzuk Posted December 1, 2015 Author Posted December 1, 2015 Yeah, its straight north from Spawn. 4100m.
Garacesh Posted December 2, 2015 Posted December 2, 2015 Got an Alloy Smelter, a Pulveriser and a mob spawner working last night The mob spawner could really do with some work as the spikes aren't a reliable method, I think I have an idea of what to do, though. Lightning rod still hasn't generated me anything. Think I need to make it bigger.
localzuk Posted December 2, 2015 Author Posted December 2, 2015 For best results, lightning rods should go up to build height limit. Got my tier 7 draconic energy storage up and running last night. So I can now store 2 trillion RF. Heh. I can only generate 40k RF/t! At that rate, if I turned everything else off, it'd take 29 RL days to fill. However, I use a good chunk of power per tick so it'll take a lot longer!
Garacesh Posted December 2, 2015 Posted December 2, 2015 (edited) For best results, lightning rods should go up to build height limit. Yeah, problem is I'm running out of Iron Ore, especially after last night. Also, is there a way to hook a fluxduct up to a switch so it's not always transferring power? At the moment my mob grinder sucks a whopping -200 rf/t, (if I keep my current setup, which I doubt I will, that'll end up as -800 rf/t) which isn't a great deal to some, but when I only have 6,000,000 of storage and 12 Leadstone solar panels, 200 per tick is a lot to me Edited December 2, 2015 by Garacesh
bald_pig Posted December 2, 2015 Posted December 2, 2015 thanYeah, problem is I'm running out of Iron Ore, especially after last night. Also, is there a way to hook a fluxduct up to a switch so it's not always transferring power? At the moment my mob grinder sucks a whopping -200 rf/t, (if I keep my current setup, which I doubt I will, that'll end up as -800 rf/t) which isn't a great deal to some, but when I only have 6,000,000 of storage and 12 Leadstone solar panels, 200 per tick is a lot to me More than I have lol. I have roughly a stack each of Iron, Aluminium, and Copper, what can I do, and what should I do lol
localzuk Posted December 2, 2015 Author Posted December 2, 2015 Ore doubling is your first important thing - so you need something like a Pulveriser, SAG Mill, Macerator, or even a Smeltery. After that, getting your self suited and booted would be my goal - get yourself some armor, some form of flight, and a decent weapon! Then, the world is your cube shaped oyster.
bald_pig Posted December 2, 2015 Posted December 2, 2015 Ore doubling is your first important thing - so you need something like a Pulveriser, SAG Mill, Macerator, or even a Smeltery. After that, getting your self suited and booted would be my goal - get yourself some armor, some form of flight, and a decent weapon! Then, the world is your cube shaped oyster. Well, I've generously been donated armour, so that should be fine, all I had to offer in return were some lousy cicadas...
localzuk Posted December 2, 2015 Author Posted December 2, 2015 Hahaha. I'd say aim for flight being your first goal then! It changes the game entirely.
Garacesh Posted December 2, 2015 Posted December 2, 2015 all I had to offer in return were some lousy cicadas... Wasn't me. I don't know where your base is Though now that we have a link room, should be easier to cause a brief nuisance to people lol.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now