bald_pig Posted December 5, 2015 Posted December 5, 2015 At work, do you think my boss would mind if I installed minecraft?
localzuk Posted December 5, 2015 Author Posted December 5, 2015 Ok, a bit of warning - I am going to be regenerating the End, Nether, Last Millenium and Twilight Forest tomorrow afternoon. So, if you have any stuff in any of them, collect it asap!
Geoff Posted December 6, 2015 Posted December 6, 2015 I have removed my quarry from the twilight forest. I still have an enderpump in the nether due to the conversation we had on the server.
localzuk Posted December 6, 2015 Author Posted December 6, 2015 Just doing security updates now. Server should be back up shortly!
Garacesh Posted December 6, 2015 Posted December 6, 2015 Dibs on the End this time Some other shmuck had mined it all out and it took an eternity to find enough amethyst for armour and draconium for a pickaxe. Question: If I build a Tesseract, I should be able to set my Ender Quarry going in other dimensions, right? like the forest or Myst ages?
ADMaster Posted December 6, 2015 Posted December 6, 2015 @Garacesh yes, you can also use a dimensional transceiver by ender IO. I'd like to mine some draconic stuff too. @localzuk Are you updating the mod pack wile your at it? 2.2.2 is the latest showing in my launcher.
localzuk Posted December 6, 2015 Author Posted December 6, 2015 Yeah, got 2.2.2 running now. All up and running again.
localzuk Posted December 6, 2015 Author Posted December 6, 2015 Not a lot that I can see. Draconic stuff has different images, the excavator has been nerfed. Not sure what else
Geoff Posted December 6, 2015 Posted December 6, 2015 I found an issue, if you look up any recipe in NEI that uses the slice and splice you get pink and black. http://imgur.com/pBR0YAT.jpg
Garacesh Posted December 6, 2015 Posted December 6, 2015 The only thing I've used the slice 'n' splice for is making mob spawners.. Is there even any other use for them? Lol
Geoff Posted December 6, 2015 Posted December 6, 2015 I was making capacitors to upgrade my stirling generators. I was also making an advanced item filter for the conduit involved in my ender quarry setup.
ADMaster Posted December 6, 2015 Posted December 6, 2015 I used mine to make the dimensional transceivers. I believe it was an ender resistor. @Geoff That must be a UI issue on client side here is a screen shot of mine.
Geoff Posted December 6, 2015 Posted December 6, 2015 CJ confirmed the problem. I notice you are using a texture pack, that would explain the difference.
ADMaster Posted December 7, 2015 Posted December 7, 2015 ah yeah didn't think about that. I switched off the texture pack and I have the issue too.
localzuk Posted December 9, 2015 Author Posted December 9, 2015 Figured out how to do routing and an interlocking junction on my rail system last night! Means I'll be able to rapidly expand it now, as the fundamentals are all sorted. Only real fundamental I need to figure out now is stations, both manual and fully automated (eg. if I set up some farms somewhere distant, and link them in, the trains should auto-deliver stuff to my main base, and return home again. There will also be auto-refueling too, and I will likely expand my coal coke production to have its own facility somewhere!
jedmondson Posted December 9, 2015 Posted December 9, 2015 With some help I got some auto crafting setup. Need a way to do seeds next. And the inscriber .
bald_pig Posted December 9, 2015 Posted December 9, 2015 I'm going to take a crack at generating power with a water wheel next, then I'll think about working towards a quarry.
Garacesh Posted December 9, 2015 Posted December 9, 2015 I've got a fairly low-end power setup at my base featuring a windmill, a water wheel and a generator that runs a self-sufficient tree farm (excess saplings are filtered back into the generator and burnt for power) if you want to come and have a look. One thing to remember is windmills and water wheels need to be connected to a kinetic dynamo.
Sephiroth Posted December 10, 2015 Posted December 10, 2015 Took me nearly half an hour at roughly 1 frame every 10 seconds to cull the cows and sheep that had amassed because my grinder storage chest was full. Then got some more of my lighting done and set up a semi-automatic steel production line (just put stacks of coal in a chest and wait) using a coke oven, a unifier and a blast furnace connected with Ender IO item and fluid conduits. Also nearly finished covering the roof of my power plant in leadstone solar panels there'll be 112 when I'm done. Then I'll just need to upgrade them
localzuk Posted December 10, 2015 Author Posted December 10, 2015 Ah! Now we know what the lag was being caused by! All your cows and sheep! Must get Opis back up and running - the update seems to have changed things. I placed 1000 pieces of track last night! Started expanding the lines. Did a bit of route planning also, so know roughly where the main line is going. The branches will be added once I've done the main line I think!
Geoff Posted December 10, 2015 Posted December 10, 2015 Took me nearly half an hour at roughly 1 frame every 10 seconds to cull the cows and sheep that had amassed because my grinder storage chest was full. Hook up some redstone control. If the chest is full, turn off your breeder.
Garacesh Posted December 10, 2015 Posted December 10, 2015 Took me nearly half an hour at roughly 1 frame every 10 seconds to cull the cows and sheep that had amassed because my grinder storage chest was full. Then got some more of my lighting done and set up a semi-automatic steel production line (just put stacks of coal in a chest and wait) using a coke oven, a unifier and a blast furnace connected with Ender IO item and fluid conduits. Also nearly finished covering the roof of my power plant in leadstone solar panels there'll be 112 when I'm done. Then I'll just need to upgrade them lol this is why I live off Meef and not Beef. I don't need to run a farm and a breeding programme if I can use a spawner and an auto-killer (though admittedly I'm certain it could be more efficient)
Sephiroth Posted December 10, 2015 Posted December 10, 2015 Ah! Now we know what the lag was being caused by! All your cows and sheep! The lag last night wasn't me I don't think as I started getting it long after I'd sorted my mess out. Mine was clientside lag! Hook up some redstone control. If the chest is full, turn off your breeder. Yes, I do plan on doing that, along with prioritisation on item conduits and integration with my main storage. For now I've just turned it off. 2.5k leather, 3k raw beef and 3.5k wool is plenty for now I think!
Sephiroth Posted December 11, 2015 Posted December 11, 2015 Finally got my AE2 autocrafting setup done! then promptly ran out of various resources Glowstone dust is the big one at the moment as I'm trying to make more high density ME Storage On that note, is there an easier way of getting glowstone dust than flying around aimlessly in the nether?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now