Garacesh Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 Doubtful - isn't the corruption due to bad nodes? Don't you have to destroy/convert the node to fix it? If you terraformed the land it should still change the dirt/etc, I'd suspect, but all the fibrous taint etc would remain. Just a guess
localzuk Posted December 3, 2015 Author Posted December 3, 2015 Maybe terraformer in conjunction with an ender quarry, then go deal with the nodes?
LiamHaith Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 That seems more like destroying than containing... perhaps we should figure out some way to keep it as it is, but build a "wall" around that stops the spread. Then, depending on size, potentially convert it to a derelict building site at a later stage (the taint would act like nuclear fallout and the mobs would be the old inhabitants)
localzuk Posted December 3, 2015 Author Posted December 3, 2015 It'd have to be an air-gap wall. Some of the tainted areas are a thousand blocks across+ mind...
Garacesh Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 Surely there has to be some kind of forbidden magic use for taint, though? It seems that it might be more beneficial to any budding thaumages to keep some? I think there's things like liquid death, for example?
localzuk Posted December 3, 2015 Author Posted December 3, 2015 Sure, *some* will be useful, but the amount we have is a lot more than some...
LiamHaith Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 Hence why I said quarrying it would be a bad idea. I think requiring to pass the "wall" and collecting your samples from the taint would be a nice little interesting story for a budding young thaumaturge.
Garacesh Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 Sure, *some* will be useful, but the amount we have is a lot more than some... Precisely. I'm thinking maybe we contain whatever taint is closest to spawn, and do away with the rest as and when we encounter it. Thaumcraft is one of the things I'm trying to get my head round (I really need to find a way of creating my own research points.. Running around with the Geiger counter Thaumometer is getting increasingly difficult, which is why I was exploring mystcraft ages. Generate a superflat age and whiz around scanning every aura node you can find
LiamH Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 Not dipperd into any magic other than botania yet, Might give thaumcraft another bash, I'm sure a lot has changed since the last time i used it. Found 10 cicadas in my base last night, I made sure to redistribute them so that everyone can share the love! Botania's ring of far reach is helpful for being particularity evil!
Garacesh Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 Not dipperd into any magic other than botania yet, Might give thaumcraft another bash, I'm sure a lot has changed since the last time i used it. Found 10 cicadas in my base last night, I made sure to redistribute them so that everyone can share the love! Botania's ring of far reach is helpful for being particularity evil! Does Thaumcraft still have portable holes? That doesn't count as breaking blocks, right?
Geoff Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 Yes it does have portable holes as a wand cap. The blocks only temporarly disappear, so you've not broken any. I use mine to bypass player protection for example.
Garacesh Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 Portable holes were a godsend when you got lost underground lol. I need to get myself one of those ASAP. Incredibly useful.
localzuk Posted December 3, 2015 Author Posted December 3, 2015 Yes it does have portable holes as a wand cap. The blocks only temporarly disappear, so you've not broken any. I use mine to bypass player protection for example. I'll be putting in things to shoot you instead then...
LiamH Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 I'll be putting in things to shoot you instead then... Portal sentry bots in all the places!
Garacesh Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 Important question: Can you make the pacifist or failure turrets, though?
localzuk Posted December 3, 2015 Author Posted December 3, 2015 They used to be created randomly when you broke them after placing. I wouldn't've thought they would've removed it!
bald_pig Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 I wondered what a tainted node was and went to look, wasn't fun!
ADMaster Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 How does one go about containing the spread. I found some areas of taint when looking for sky stone. I think its is a few thousand blocks east of me, but could get co-ords when I sign on later.
LiamH Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 How does one go about containing the spread. I found some areas of taint when looking for sky stone. I think its is a few thousand blocks east of me, but could get co-ords when I sign on later. Planting silverwood tree's works to remove/contain taint
Geoff Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 A sufficiently skilled thaumcraft mage can sort it out.
Garacesh Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 A sufficiently skilled thaumcraft mage can sort it out. Working on it. It's gonna take some time
Garacesh Posted December 4, 2015 Posted December 4, 2015 GRRRRRR Found a maze. Killed the Minoshroom. Killed the Hydra. Went back to the maze. Crafted a map. Found the secret room. Tunnelled in slooooooooowwwwwllllyyyyyyy. Disarmed TNT. Opened chests. No Mazebreaker!
localzuk Posted December 4, 2015 Author Posted December 4, 2015 Has anyone else with any laser drills noticed all their pre-chargers rotate randomly when the chunk is unloaded? Gonna put some form of chunk loader around mine I think, as it affects their performance quite considerably! My railcraft shed is coming along nicely, or was until I discovered that a lot of Railcraft blocks don't interact well with logistics pipes that put things into barrels. So, I've switched to diamond chests and random assignment instead now! Think my shed may be a little small though! Its filling up with machines pretty quickly for making all the bits I need.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now