bald_pig Posted December 2, 2015 Posted December 2, 2015 Wasn't me. I don't know where your base is Though now that we have a link room, should be easier to cause a brief nuisance to people lol. I had a lovely semi-guided tour of localz' base, and he just had so much machinery to look around he couldn't keep an eye on my the whole time
Garacesh Posted December 2, 2015 Posted December 2, 2015 The search for Britain's only native species of cicada - BBC News Huehuehuehuehuehue Seemed relevant.
LiamH Posted December 2, 2015 Posted December 2, 2015 Yeah, problem is I'm running out of Iron Ore, especially after last night. Also, is there a way to hook a fluxduct up to a switch so it's not always transferring power? At the moment my mob grinder sucks a whopping -200 rf/t, (if I keep my current setup, which I doubt I will, that'll end up as -800 rf/t) which isn't a great deal to some, but when I only have 6,000,000 of storage and 12 Leadstone solar panels, 200 per tick is a lot to me If you put an energy cell down you can change its output amount in the GUI, or just use lower tier fluxduct that cant transmit as much power.
Garacesh Posted December 2, 2015 Posted December 2, 2015 The issue is I'm not able to generate or store enough power to match the output. Powered spawners take 200 rf/t. Leadstone solar panels only generate 1 rf/t. Even if a lightning bolt does strike my rod, I'm only using basic fluxducts at the moment to transport so basically the lightning rod would end up as a secondary battery, pushing out rf when the capacitor is draining.
LiamH Posted December 2, 2015 Posted December 2, 2015 The issue is I'm not able to generate or store enough power to match the output. Powered spawners take 200 rf/t. Leadstone solar panels only generate 1 rf/t. Even if a lightning bolt does strike my rod, I'm only using basic fluxducts at the moment to transport so basically the lightning rod would end up as a secondary battery, pushing out rf when the capacitor is draining. Yeah but if you put an energy cell down and switched its output to 50 (for example) rf/t then that's all it would take, the spawner would still work just at a slower rate. My enderman powered spawner is just working on a trickle charge from solar power, it has a more powerful solar panel on it than leadstone but i don't need it going off at max speed. Depending on what you are spawning there might be a better way of doing it, if its somthing with a spawn cage they can be picked up with diamond dollies.
Garacesh Posted December 2, 2015 Posted December 2, 2015 Yeah but if you put an energy cell down and switched its output to 50 (for example) rf/t then that's all it would take, the spawner would still work just at a slower rate. Ahhh okay that makes sense now Sorry. I'll look into it. I do need to upgrade my solar panels, too. if its somthing with a spawn cage they can be picked up with diamond dollies. Yeah, unfortunately I'd already smashed 'em. I need to make a dolly and go hunting for more.
LiamH Posted December 2, 2015 Posted December 2, 2015 Ahhh okay that makes sense now Sorry. I'll look into it. I do need to upgrade my solar panels, too. Yeah, unfortunately I'd already smashed 'em. I need to make a dolly and go hunting for more. Good tip with the dolly, they give you slowness if they are in your inventory with something in, but if you pop them inside a bag/ender pouch then you don't get the slowness.
bald_pig Posted December 2, 2015 Posted December 2, 2015 Is there any interest for a mumble server? I've found my spare pi, so it should be a simple setup
localzuk Posted December 2, 2015 Author Posted December 2, 2015 We've got that Discord channel mentioned earlier, but I've not logged in for ages. Never really used voice chat much though to be honest!
Garacesh Posted December 2, 2015 Posted December 2, 2015 We all tend to do our own thing, most of the time, and communicate in text chat if need be ("Anyone good any x" etc)
localzuk Posted December 2, 2015 Author Posted December 2, 2015 I think we should arrange a group building project at some point. Find a spot and do a mega build of something?
Garacesh Posted December 2, 2015 Posted December 2, 2015 Is not a bad idea Now let's argue for three weeks about what to build
localzuk Posted December 2, 2015 Author Posted December 2, 2015 A giant cicada... I was thinking a town - we can all be assigned a few buildings and then we build them on an assigned plot or something. We could even make them working buildings, with tech in them etc...
Sephiroth Posted December 2, 2015 Posted December 2, 2015 A giant cicada... I was thinking a town - we can all be assigned a few buildings and then we build them on an assigned plot or something. We could even make them working buildings, with tech in them etc... Sounds like a good idea. Would need to be a fairly large, unobstructed area though. We'll need to agree on a style though or we'll end up with a mish-mash of modern and arcahic styles
localzuk Posted December 2, 2015 Author Posted December 2, 2015 Indeed. A general style is a good idea, but at the same time there needs to be freedom for creativity. So we could specify colours for example, but not specific blocks etc...
Garacesh Posted December 2, 2015 Posted December 2, 2015 We got taint, boiz! You want an Edugeek Minecraft project, how about we control the spread?
jedmondson Posted December 2, 2015 Posted December 2, 2015 the farm that @localzuk made me got creeper exploded last night rebuilt all the parts just cant do the steves factory manager programming . help.
Garacesh Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 co-ords? I will get them later, but it's not too far from.. someone's base. Not sure who. I did make a beacon/bookmark/map marker/whatever so I'll get the co-ords tonight
localzuk Posted December 3, 2015 Author Posted December 3, 2015 There's a few giant sectors of taint around the map.
Garacesh Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 I'm right in saying taint does spread, yes? That hasn't been disabled?
Garacesh Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 Well, we need to get our containment on lol. Or live in a tainted world That works too lol. Got some nice thaumcraft research points from it, though. So that was nice.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now