ADMaster Posted November 24, 2015 Posted November 24, 2015 I got my lightning rod redone and built up to build height so it is effective in all these storms. I made a couple power monitors and a redstone control port so the reactor is semi auto based on power needs.
localzuk Posted November 24, 2015 Author Posted November 24, 2015 Didn't do a lot last night - this cold or whatever is knocking me for 6. Got a bit more of my first rail line built, managed to fully charge my first wand for thaumcraft, and built some ME drives for Jedmondson. Then slept. Could do with sleeping now in fact, but no, am at work. *sigh*
LiamH Posted November 24, 2015 Posted November 24, 2015 I spent hours looking for a blizz again, then i realized i could just craft the dust Got my reactor up and running. Is it worth us resetting the end? noticed that someone strip mined it for draconium, i know i could fly around for hours and find the meteors but that a pain and will generate a lot of chunks.
localzuk Posted November 24, 2015 Author Posted November 24, 2015 Yeah, I was thinking about doing a nether/end/last millenium reset at some point soon. Last millenium as I accidentally pushed the last villager off the edge
LiamH Posted November 24, 2015 Posted November 24, 2015 Yeah, I was thinking about doing a nether/end/last millenium reset at some point soon. Last millenium as I accidentally pushed the last villager off the edge sounds good, just give me a shout so i can pack up my ender pump!
Garacesh Posted November 24, 2015 Posted November 24, 2015 The heck is the last millenium? lol. You guys and your fancy reactors and your ME drives and... grumble. I think I'm just gonna spend the night reading up on exactly what I can use RF for. The issue is that a lot of the stuff seems to be "for the sake of it".. I could build an auto-farm, but why? I don't need food. Etc.
LiamHaith Posted November 24, 2015 Posted November 24, 2015 Well, if you made an auto tree-farm. You could then process the wood into Charcoal, which could fuel charcoal engines, which could make your free farm free to run. From this you could increase your engine count to be able to power refineries to give you 2x Ingot per Ore you find and maybe even run a quarry. The thing with mod packs is that everything in it, is mostly quality of life. Getting more from your ores isn't a requirement, but it's a nice addition. Getting a quarry means you don't need to spend hours caving away anymore... etc.
localzuk Posted November 24, 2015 Author Posted November 24, 2015 The way I think about it is this - everything in the pack is progression to make it easier for you to build things. Some people do the progression for its own sake. I prefer to build things - giant towers, power stations, hexagons, railway lines. The tech is then just a way for me to do this.
LiamH Posted November 24, 2015 Posted November 24, 2015 Sounds like we need to send a aid relief package Garacesh's way. all that zombie jerky is leaving you in the dark ages.
Garacesh Posted November 24, 2015 Posted November 24, 2015 Well, if you made an auto tree-farm. You could then process the wood into Charcoal, which could fuel charcoal engines, which could make your free farm free to run. From this you could increase your engine count to be able to power refineries to give you 2x Ingot per Ore you find and maybe even run a quarry. The thing with mod packs is that everything in it, is mostly quality of life. Getting more from your ores isn't a requirement, but it's a nice addition. So it's not really 'a means to an end' with a progression, so to speak? I mean, yes, I have a blast furnace and a smeltery now, and I've started noseying around the Twilight Forest, but I'm kinda just like "Um. What now?" so I think I just need to have a big read of all these mods and figure out what I need to do. @localzuk's turbines etc, all that RF energy generated and it's still not enough. The question is, what are you doing with it all? More ores, more items, but to what purpose? Exponential increase doesn't seem a justifiable goal. Which is why I think I find myself drawn towards Thaumcraft and Mystcraft more. Getting a quarry means you don't need to spend hours caving away anymore... etc. And have massive unsightly holes everywhere? all that zombie jerky is leaving you in the dark ages. Exactly Those 2 villagers have me running a fully sustainable farm (of sorts) already
LiamHaith Posted November 24, 2015 Posted November 24, 2015 @Garacesh - some of the mods (like Twilight Forest) have an "end" in the sense of bosses to fight but for the most part, mod packs just add an extra area. The ability to build giant, automated refineries... or elaborate storage methods in more compact spaces, or giant mega constructs using decorative blocks. That's the point of Minecraft in its entirety.... there is no "end"... there is just following your imagination with a very very simple, and short "Boss" sequence.
Garacesh Posted November 24, 2015 Posted November 24, 2015 Oh, yeah, I'm perfectly aware of that. Build, gather, build, gather, etc. I guess part of the problem is me just not knowing what does what or what's capable of being made, which is why I just need to take the time to read up on them all, figure out a goal, and work towards it.
localzuk Posted November 24, 2015 Author Posted November 24, 2015 So it's not really 'a means to an end' with a progression, so to speak? I mean, yes, I have a blast furnace and a smeltery now, and I've started noseying around the Twilight Forest, but I'm kinda just like "Um. What now?" so I think I just need to have a big read of all these mods and figure out what I need to do. @localzuk's turbines etc, all that RF energy generated and it's still not enough. The question is, what are you doing with it all? More ores, more items, but to what purpose? Exponential increase doesn't seem a justifiable goal. Which is why I think I find myself drawn towards Thaumcraft and Mystcraft more. My energy disappears in a few ways - 1. Ender Quarry. 2. Laser drill. 3. Loads of autocrafting stuff/ME network 4. keeping my tools, armor and jetpack charged. I now have enough for a while! And have massive unsightly holes everywhere? Ender quarries don't leave holes - they replace every block with dirt. Exactly Those 2 villagers have me running a fully sustainable farm (of sorts) already But you're lacking in saturation with jerky! Footlongs give me a full bar of health, and saturation, so they last ages. You're going to be eating a lot more often.
localzuk Posted November 24, 2015 Author Posted November 24, 2015 You'll be doing nothing but eat! At least turn those into juice so you get a bit more out of them.
Garacesh Posted November 24, 2015 Posted November 24, 2015 My energy disappears in a few ways - 1. Ender Quarry. 2. Laser drill. 3. Loads of autocrafting stuff/ME network 4. keeping my tools, armor and jetpack charged. I now have enough for a while! Reasonable. I did notice there are tools that can use RF, so I think that's one of my goals for now. Ender quarries don't leave holes - they replace every block with dirt. Oh. Okay. Reasonable. But you're lacking in saturation with jerky! Footlongs give me a full bar of health, and saturation, so they last ages. You're going to be eating a lot more often. To be fair I do have to munch a lot, but it's not like I'm running low on supplies I could just go and kill mooshrooms for the beef but that requires weapon degradation whereas all I have to do for monster jerky is wait until sunrise I get a free supply literally delivered right to my door, daily.
bald_pig Posted November 24, 2015 Posted November 24, 2015 I have a healthy steak pile, I'm living on mined coal and not long started forging iron tools
LiamH Posted November 24, 2015 Posted November 24, 2015 Pfft food! i just use the healing axe, hold it in your hand and it replenishes food and health Not that i need to worry about health, the only thing that scratched my 40 hearts of health was that OP hammer someone found in a chest. Garacesh you can even make tinkers tools use RF power rather than durability, its one of the possible modifiers.
Garacesh Posted November 24, 2015 Posted November 24, 2015 Alright, that's it, which one of you was it?! Game on!
ADMaster Posted November 24, 2015 Posted November 24, 2015 @Garacesh I agree to a point, auto crafting, ore processing is nice. Building machines to automate tasks makes things easier / faster. There does come a point when you say now what do I build. A few packs to get started with would be Thermal expansion, EnderIO or Mine Factory reloaded. All of these can create and use RF. Powered furnace is more efficient then your stone one. Pulverize / sag mill, double your ore output. Harvester to harvest your crops, you need paper for your mystcraft. Planter to plant the crops, or even better just use agricraft so crops do not need to be replanted. Some items have several components that need crafted then put together as a whole. auto crafting all those parts is a time saver. I hope this helps you get an idea where to start with tech mods. Now who do what? I've not been on the server yet today.
Garacesh Posted November 24, 2015 Posted November 24, 2015 Now who do what? I've not been on the server yet today. The Cicada game has begun. And for once it wasn't me. I knew it would be a matter of time so I stocked up ready
jedmondson Posted November 24, 2015 Posted November 24, 2015 My hdd is falling so I'm copying off data. Weston digital. 1.5 tb
localzuk Posted November 25, 2015 Author Posted November 25, 2015 Hate it when a hard disk goes. Had a spate of them dying in one of my old houses. The power was awful, so they just kept dying. Couldn't afford a UPS at the time either! Got the rail line run finished to Shielder's base last night. Things remaining are to protect the edges of the line to prevent mooshroom incidents, replace all the ground under the line and between fences with non-mycelium, and figure out what trains to actually put on it - normal MC carts, RailCraft electric carts, or Steve's carts. Also will then need to figure out how to add a junction so I can do a spur line off the Garacesh's base! I think I may change materials for bridges etc... when I go through different biomes too. Keep things interesting!
Garacesh Posted November 25, 2015 Posted November 25, 2015 I didn't get any machinery up and running last night. I grew a tree. It was a big tree. But on the plus side, I now have a small farm surrounding a timewood tree
bald_pig Posted November 25, 2015 Posted November 25, 2015 Did you get the map going, and is there a link? I'd like to have a gander in the office
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now