Gongalong Posted September 22, 2015 Posted September 22, 2015 Hi folks, Anyone have Office 2016 yet at VLSC?
Quackers Posted September 22, 2015 Posted September 22, 2015 Yes its been on mine for over a month now.
localzuk Posted September 22, 2015 Posted September 22, 2015 Office 2016 for Mac, yes. Not for Windows though.
Gongalong Posted September 22, 2015 Author Posted September 22, 2015 Yep, Office for Windows. After the difficulty with getting Win 10 I wonder if Office is going to be the same?
Arthur Posted September 22, 2015 Posted September 22, 2015 Anyone have Office 2016 yet at VLSC? The Windows version will be available on VLSC on 1st October. I've had the Mac version for over a month. 1
Gongalong Posted October 1, 2015 Author Posted October 1, 2015 Still not there it seems. I can feel a phonecall to VLSC coming on tomorrow. Odd that they treat VL customers as second to direct retail. Why not release simultaneously?
Arthur Posted October 1, 2015 Posted October 1, 2015 Still not there it seems. I have managed to download Office 2016 Pro Plus but I can't find the KMS host key to activate it. I can feel a phonecall to VLSC coming on tomorrow. Every single time Microsoft releases new versions of Windows and Office I have to keep contacting them. It's starting to get really annoying! It never used to be this bad. 1
rickjames Posted October 2, 2015 Posted October 2, 2015 Surely it needs a key to allow you to activate Office? Or am I being super thick here? Don't have a KMS key for Pro Plus either, might have to call again.
FN-GM Posted October 2, 2015 Posted October 2, 2015 You have to phone up for KMS keys. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/licensing-questions/146398-kms-keys-missing-vlsc.html
rickjames Posted October 2, 2015 Posted October 2, 2015 You have to phone up for KMS keys. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/licensing-questions/146398-kms-keys-missing-vlsc.html Oh already done that for KMS, well aware of the process. Spent a good 20 minutes on hold x2
Arthur Posted October 2, 2015 Posted October 2, 2015 You have to phone up for KMS keys. In the past the keys just appeared in VLSC. Having to phone MS is just a waste of everyone's time especially since they already know all of the license details.
rickjames Posted October 2, 2015 Posted October 2, 2015 Yeah I don't understand it either, surely this is a massive waste of their time as well having organization after organization ringing them up every two seconds?
rickjames Posted October 2, 2015 Posted October 2, 2015 Also the hold music is mind numbingly bullet to head inducing
Gongalong Posted October 2, 2015 Author Posted October 2, 2015 Still no download. I rang them yesterday and was told it would be arriving yesterday *facepalm*
Gongalong Posted October 2, 2015 Author Posted October 2, 2015 I rang MS. There are again apparently issues with making the download available that they are aiming to fix over the weekend. I've logged a case and they're supposed to update on Monday...
Michael Posted October 2, 2015 Posted October 2, 2015 I've downloaded and installed Office 2016 Pro Plus. The ISO weighs in at 820MB (32Bit), surprisingly small. 64Bit weighs in at 950MB. Upgraded over Office 2010 Pro on my notebook with no issues, but the 'Finalizing Installation' took forever for some reason! There's also Office 2016 Standard, weighing in at 699MB (32Bit) and 812MB (64Bit), but there's no Publisher 2016 in this version, whereas there is in Office 2010 Standard.
Arthur Posted October 2, 2015 Posted October 2, 2015 I rang MS. I've just been on the phone to Microsoft (another 10 minutes of my life I won't get back! ) and managed to get a KMS key for Office 2016. It shows up under Office 2016 Suites and Apps KMS in VLSC. http://vgy.me/Wgey47.png
Michael Posted October 2, 2015 Posted October 2, 2015 I think it's fair to say that Microsoft haven't got Office 2016 ready for all VLSC instances. Very much like Windows 10, it took a number of weeks to filter through properly to all.
FN-GM Posted October 2, 2015 Posted October 2, 2015 Does anyone have the link to the KMS patch to allow office 2016 please?
rickjames Posted October 2, 2015 Posted October 2, 2015 I've just been on the phone to Microsoft (another 10 minutes of my life I won't get back! ) and managed to get a KMS key for Office 2016. It shows up under Office 2016 Suites and Apps KMS in VLSC. http://vgy.me/Wgey47.png Done this, but nothing on the desktop I've installed on suggests it's reported back and activated successfully. This is doing my nut...
JonThompson Posted October 2, 2015 Posted October 2, 2015 (edited) I rang MS. There are again apparently issues with making the download available that they are aiming to fix over the weekend. I've logged a case and they're supposed to update on Monday... That would explain why we've got Keys, but no ISO. Darn MS, I wanted to try this out today on my PC before I wipe it. Thanks to @JRowley for sending me a link to the ISO. Edited October 2, 2015 by JonThompson 1
RichCowell Posted October 2, 2015 Posted October 2, 2015 (edited) That would explain why we've got Keys, but no ISO. Darn MS, I wanted to try this out today on my PC before I wipe it. Thanks to @JRowley for sending me a link to the ISO. Do all EES users access the same platform for the software/keys? Logging into https://www.microsoft.com/Licensing/servicecenter ? I got the keys and ISO's this morning when I came into work - didn't appear to be any different than normal... Edited October 2, 2015 by RichCowell
Gongalong Posted October 2, 2015 Author Posted October 2, 2015 Yep, that's the site I'm using. From what I understood with Windows 10 there was a backend issue in attributing which accounts had permissions to certain downloads.
JonThompson Posted October 2, 2015 Posted October 2, 2015 Do all EES users access the same platform for the software/keys? Logging into https://www.microsoft.com/Licensing/servicecenter ? I got the keys and ISO's this morning when I came into work - didn't appear to be any different than normal... I'm assuming that it's because MS are having problems, then thats why we hadn't got the ISO. It happened with Win 10, we got the keys but the ISO's took a few days to appear.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now