Sanm2009 Posted June 4, 2014 Posted June 4, 2014 I hope someone can help me with this issue. All GPOs and Active Directory are setup by the previous Tech so there might be soothing set somewhere which shouldn’t be. GPO structure is something like this: All Computers GPO Computer Settings User Settings (IE Maintenance – Proxy1 is set here, along with other user settings) Staff OU User Settings (IE Maintenance – Proxy2 is set here, along with other user settings) Pupil OU User Settings (IE Maintenance – Proxy1 is set here, along with other user settings) Problem is, no matter what I try only the Proxy settings from All Computer GPO are being applied to the computers. Staff GPO proxy settings are being ignores. I have tried enforcing the new proxy setting, but it has no effect on the proxy settings. I have removed the proxy setting from the top level, this removes the proxy settings from the computers but doesn’t all staff or pupil settings. I though Loop Back processing was causing the issue, but it doesn’t seem to be enabled. Can someone point me to a setting that could be causing this behaviour?
zag Posted June 4, 2014 Posted June 4, 2014 IE 10? If so you need to use the registry hack to apply proxy settings.
jslate1980 Posted June 4, 2014 Posted June 4, 2014 What version of IE are you using? Is this a new issue? When I updated IE10/11 at my school on a server2008r2/windows 7 environment I had the same issue. With later versions of IE, setting proxy details through IE Maintenance GPP settings have been depreciated, only work around which you will find on here was to apply the setting by copying the settings through registry or updating the servers to 2012. Might be the same issue?
Sanm2009 Posted June 4, 2014 Author Posted June 4, 2014 Thanks guys. I realise that ie 10/11 settings can't be applied from 2008 R2. But this is a GPO issue. I am using ie 9 and the settings apply just fine, as long as I chance them in the domain level GPO.
Spence_101 Posted June 4, 2014 Posted June 4, 2014 You can use Group Policy instead of registry if you wanted (server 2008 r2) for IE 11, here are the steps you will need to follow: Firstly you will need to create a GPP and edit the xml to work for IE11 as shown here (works with 'Internet Explorer 8' selection too..) Secondly edit the gpp so that the underline is green for the bits that you want to change (like the proxy area), and red for the bits you want to leave. After a re-log it should apply. Hope this helps. Another thread here.
JackCPickup Posted June 4, 2014 Posted June 4, 2014 You can use Group Policy instead of registry if you wanted (server 2008 r2) for IE 11, here are the steps you will need to follow: Firstly you will need to create a GPP and edit the xml to work for IE11 as shown here (works with 'Internet Explorer 8' selection too..) Secondly edit the gpp so that the underline is green for the bits that you want to change (like the proxy area), and red for the bits you want to leave. After a re-log it should apply. Hope this helps. Another thread here. +1 for this method. Using it in all my schools.
Sanm2009 Posted June 5, 2014 Author Posted June 5, 2014 This still doesn't solve my problem. For some reason user settings that are in default domain policy are being applied to users when they login, but if I enter personalised settings for one set of users in a OU, the settings are not applied.
Sanm2009 Posted June 6, 2014 Author Posted June 6, 2014 I have found what was causing the issue I described. In case someone else has the same issue, the below policy was enabled in default domain policy - computer configuration. Make proxy settings per-machine (rather than per-user) Enabled
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now