Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

AXE

Members
  • Posts

    334
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AXE

  1. Me? Try this: http://rnfxportal.com/MIT_AppInventor_V2_Launcher_for_USB.zip Unzip to the [Appinventor] folder in [Program Files]. Run [Connect.exe].
  2. @the_wuigi There's [ClientAppUpdater.exe] included, it can be used to update the [Appinventor-emulator-data] file. This can be deployed either by updating the package or can be copied to the [Program Files\AppInventor\commands-for-appinventor\extras] folder on the client.
  3. Ideally, I need to see the error details. It could be that students don't have write access to the Program Files\AppInventor\Working folder.
  4. AXE's MIT AppInventor V2 Package. - Updated for v2.3 Try it out. Suggestions welcome. Main benefits: - Launcher with two big buttons, 'Open Website' and 'Run Emulator' - No command prompts. - One window for the emulator, all extras are hidden. - Config is reset each time. No pin codes, wallpapers, deleted shortcuts, etc. - Included in the package is a client app update tool for the emulator, which can be used to update the package when the android client app updates. It's available to download from: Vanilla Version CC4 Version Common issues: AppInventor runs a web service on 127.0.0.1, this can sometimes be blocked by firewall or proxy config. AXE
  5. OK. AXE's MIT AppInventor V2 Package. - Updated for v2.3 Try it out. Suggestions welcome. Main benefits: - Launcher with two big buttons, 'Open Website' and 'Run Emulator' - No command prompts. - One window for the emulator, all extras are hidden. - Config is reset each time. No pin codes, wallpapers, deleted shortcuts, etc. - Included in the package is a client app update tool for the emulator, which can be used to update the package when the android client app updates. It's available to download from: Vanilla Version CC4 Version Common issues: AppInventor runs a web service on 127.0.0.1, this can sometimes be blocked by firewall or proxy config. AXE
  6. I found out that SIMS report definitions are just zipped xml files with weak encryption. Makes updating 100 or more reports to change one parameter much easier.
  7. To avoid using the command prompt. Use the included Idle GUI. Deploy a shortcut pointing to: pythonw.exe "C:\Python34\Lib\idlelib\idle.pyw"
  8. I expect I could add an option for Firefox. Send me a PM.
  9. I have packages for CC4 and Vanilla. Instructions included. Main benefits: Launcher with two big buttons, 'Open Website' and 'Run Emulator' No command prompts. One window for the emulator, all extras are hidden. Config is reset each time. No pin codes, wallpapers, deleted shortcuts, etc. Included in the package is a client update tool which can be used to update the package when the android client app updates. It's available to download from: Vanilla CC4 Any issues, let me know. AXE
  10. Just found my watch... Which I bought in 1995... And still have.
  11. Just send me a PM . I have both vanilla and CC4 packages.
  12. I have a solution if anyone is interested. No need to enable command prompt for students, or run AIstarter as a service. Also includes a tool to update the client in the emulator for deployment.
  13. Maybe try (/s /v"/a") for an admin install image?
  14. All working now. Turned out to be an issue with the Eclipse.NET installer not configuring IIS correctly when using a site other than the default. Needed to change the Application Pool identity to LocalSystem.
  15. I know. Their helpdesk system doesn't work, neither does the [email protected] address.
  16. Good to know, might be a quick fix then. I've already opened a support ticket.
  17. It seems that MLS roll out updates to blocks of customers sporadicaly in a 'promotional' type email with heavy promotion of their paid-for installation or hosting options. They no longer provide downloads for Eclipse.NET on their website. Last version we were offered was 14.5.28.1403, which had A LOT of problems.
  18. Recently upgraded Eclipse.NET server to 14.11.3.843. Several problems with this new version. Mainly... Photographs for resources or borrowers no longer display. You can't view them, or edit them. You CAN delete them, even though you can't see them. Is anyone else running this version? Are you experiencing the same issue? Does MLS even test their software before they release it? At least I didn't have to re-register thousands of fingerprints... this time.
  19. I use this: Archived Flash Player versions No agreement to sign up and I can get any version of flash I want. ActiveX and DLL plugin, EXE and MSI.
  20. Yes, very bad since Friday.
  21. I've got this running on CC4 as a student user with command prompt disabled if anyone is interested.
  22. Using a different user account, remove the duplicate profiles from the drive (C:\Users\myusername.domain.000, etc) and remove the sub-key from the registry associated with the profile. Local profile cache info is stored in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\ - Check the ProfileImagePath Value to find the correct sub-key to remove.
  23. Indeed I do.
×
×
  • Create New...