Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

supportman

Members
  • Posts

    2,108
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by supportman

  1. I've been tracking this on our site as well for the last week or so.... Our smoothwall seems to have issues for about 10mins every day at around the same time, I'm really not sure what is causing it but the interface becomes unresponsive and internet around school goes down or is very slow. Any ideas how to troubleshoot this? I assumed it was our ISP at first until reading this! I get this in the Kernal logs [TABLE="width: 1782"] [TR] [TD="class: date"]Nov 16 13:46:48[/TD] [TD="class: machine"]smoothwall[/TD] [TD="class: section"]Kernel[/TD] [TD="class: contents"][604423.250825] nf_conntrack: table full, dropping packet[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD="class: date"]Nov 16 13:46:48[/TD] [TD="class: machine"]smoothwall[/TD] [TD="class: section"]Kernel[/TD] [TD="class: contents"][604423.251984] nf_conntrack: table full, dropping packet[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD="class: date"]Nov 16 13:46:48[/TD] [TD="class: machine"]smoothwall[/TD] [TD="class: section"]Kernel[/TD] [TD="class: contents"][604423.255814] nf_conntrack: table full, dropping packet[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD="class: date"]Nov 16 13:46:48[/TD] [TD="class: machine"]smoothwall[/TD] [TD="class: section"]Kernel[/TD] [TD="class: contents"][604423.256341] nf_conntrack: table full, dropping packet[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD="class: date"]Nov 16 13:46:48[/TD] [TD="class: machine"]smoothwall[/TD] [TD="class: section"]Kernel[/TD] [TD="class: contents"][604423.256581] nf_conntrack: table full, dropping packet[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD="class: date"]Nov 16 13:46:48[/TD] [TD="class: machine"]smoothwall[/TD] [TD="class: section"]Kernel[/TD] [TD="class: contents"][604423.263998] nf_conntrack: table full, dropping packet[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD="class: date"]Nov 16 13:46:48[/TD] [TD="class: machine"]smoothwall[/TD] [TD="class: section"]Kernel[/TD] [TD="class: contents"][604423.266961] nf_conntrack: table full, dropping packet[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE="width: 1781"] [TR] [TD="class: date"]Nov 16 13:48:18[/TD] [TD="class: machine"]smoothwall[/TD] [TD="class: section"]Kernel[/TD] [TD="class: contents"][604513.437496] net_ratelimit: 1784 callbacks suppressed[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] We are on Leeds 39
  2. Could you share? Also are you plugging them into HDMI 2?
  3. Yeh seem to work great with Microsoft Surface laptops we have tested with.
  4. We use Salmandersoft to create the class email distribution lists for teachers, then instruct them to setup Teams how they wish. Gives the best of both worlds really and not restricted to single year teams like you are with SDS.
  5. The room is about 4.5 meters length and I have the projector right at the back wall projecting onto the opposite wall. Wall is just painted white. Its "huge" and takes up most of the wall I trunked the cabling from the PS4 and Nvidia Shield down the wall into an HDMI splitter that changes to the normal TV when needed. I use the internal speaker on the projector mostly as its pretty good. It does have a 3,5mm jack so could potentially run from that.
  6. I have the previous model of this and its fantastic for gaming, so immersive! https://www.optoma.co.uk/product-details/uhd51 I only use it with my ps4 though so 1080p but good enough. Has a good speaker in it as well.
  7. Cumulative update seems to have fixed delete key on desktop. Great release!
  8. We went Bromcom, their system is good and we compared to Arbour and iSams. I liked Arbour as well but it was far more expensive and I thought it was a more aimed at primary schools. I would urge you to test both systems with a login that they can provide you during the sales process. One thing is for sure, both systems are far superior in just about every way to Sims.
  9. Google classroom is a great product.
  10. Both HCSS and Bromcoms solution are pure cloud and quite good I think (from a technical admins point of view anyway).
  11. Just install the onedrive client as a multi user option. Sign staff in once and its all good. No need to map drives or complicate things really. You can enable files on demand to fix the "endless syncing"....
  12. We are getting speed issues again today with entering the baseline staff data, clicking on save just gets a loading icon and no progress. I've just gone over to check and the lady has done this 3 times and bromcom has just hanged. Logged a case under: CAS-143841-P3J0X8  EDIT: Our Personel lady has reported "And now everything has now speeded up and is working and I’ve been able to save." I think bromcom has some serious issues at the moment, this has been happening for days. @Bromcom_support2 are you scaling properly with all the customers that have joined? Also are you monitoring the backend, are you also seeing these slow spikes?
  13. Has anyone else been having issues with Bromcom page responsiveness? We are getting multiple reports of page timeouts and slow loading for the last few days particularly on the attendance and Workforce census pages.
  14. I just tried it but no good, whats the exact mapping command you are using? U:\>net use O: "%OneDrive%" System error 67 has occurred. The network name cannot be found.
  15. Yep working our way towards it. whole School Shared drive has been on Sharepoint for a while now, no real issues. Moving staff to onedrive one by one, seems to work so far. We use the client on windows 10 so it looks the same as their old personal drives we used to map.
  16. Looks fantastic hardware, just a shame their default OS looks like it was also built in the 1970's!
  17. Putting spinning rust in a new server these days is very rare. Definitely go SSD.
  18. its 2020 now, local servers are a thing of the past! Absolutely go hosted! Although I believe PS financials isn't truly a cloud system and still needs clients.
  19. Ad usually, takes about 5mins to setup a radius server in windows and add a AD group for access. You can test the radius rules with this small app, I found it really useful rather than doing it on the wireless controller: https://support.secureauth.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019651812-How-To-Test-RADIUS-Using-NTRadPing
  20. Lucky you guys, we have 30 students taking it here!!
  21. Seems to work well for me, love the new explorer icons on the start menu. One thing I noticed is I cant press the delete key on the keyboard on desktop items. Anyone else having the same issue? Right clicking and delete works. One other thing, it was incredibly quick to apply the update, not sure if its just small or Microsoft have a new install method but it was great!
  22. Thanks for this, just contacted Colin for a look at our system. Is it cloud based?
  23. Sad news indeed. Big company buys previously nimble software company and strips support. A familiar story. Glad we went Bromcom now. Interestingly IRIS's chairman is Ex-Capita.
  24. Apply the 'policy package' for students then edit the things you feel you want locked down. It should be pretty locked down already. You can apply a policy to I think 50 students at a time using the GUI, so its possible to do the whole school pretty quickly.
×
×
  • Create New...