-
Posts
695 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by rolfea
-
for some reason I get the idea that it'd be like one of those rubbish scratch cards where you could win a yacht.. or a fiver.
-
IMAP isn't working for me either. I should probably add I haven't tried to do this before =/
-
Has anybody managed to hook up Outlook 2011 to an exchange directory yet? I've been trying through most of today and had no joy. running Office 2011 on Leopard 10.5.8 and trying to connect to Exchange 2003. I have a feeling it's because we're not running exchange 2007 but i could be very very very wrong?
-
how can I get hold of Disney Pixar to kindly ask them to send me a copy of Toy Story 3 on VHS, to go with my 1 and 2?
-
[video] Sequel to that washing machine + lump of concerete vid.
rolfea replied to mattx's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
preferably without washing machines... -
[video] Sequel to that washing machine + lump of concerete vid.
rolfea replied to mattx's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
proper puree! -
where is it possible to get one of these?
-
I found logs with constantly failing services which looped and restarted themselves filled my hard drive and stopped things responding. I couldn't boot any applications, remote into the server and users couldn't log on. I had to watch the server for a day or so to determine it was a log. In the end I found the looping service and got rid of it.
-
I also haven't tried it on Windows Machines, but it's a god send for updating and installing software on several macs at once. It has so many neat little tools that I haven't used as of yet but plan on trying in the near future. I, personally, wouldn't have a mac suite without it.
-
It sounds great, however if you have students that have their accounts disable because of misuse this plan could go a little bit wrong... I was experimenting on a test network using passenger to create all the home areas in yearly folders; Year 10 folder = Year 10 areas Year 9 folder = Year 9 area etc Then just delete one folder with all the areas. I have had them time to finish this though, so I can't say it WILL work.
-
We've got everything running 10.5.8 at the moment. I'll check my version of System Image Utility. If not I'll take HodgeHi's advice and create it from scratch or use the migration assistant to, at least, get my applications across. Thanks for both your replies.
-
Death to people who smoke drugs whilst pregnant? Technically it's harming a child in the same way.. but then saying that.. Death to people who smoke anything whilst pregnant? Death to people who put anything bad into their bodies whilst pregnant? Including medicinal drugs? Or an extra large Big Mac Meal? I agree with imprisonment and a lot more education but death.. really?!
-
I've recently got a 24" iMac as an upgrade from my 20" one. It looks to have all the same generation and hardware as my 20" one. I used the System Image Utility on our xserve to take an image of my mac and tried to push out the image using net install. Creating the image all went fine, to my knowledge, however when I try to push out the image across a network connection it doesn't seem to work. As I hold N for the net install boot, the large globe appears and flashed, then the smaller spinning globe appears and finally the ring of lines starts spinning. It then hangs for all eternity. I tried a different image, which worked. So the network connection works fine. And I re-created the image of my 20" iMac to ensure the image is working. But the same thing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
-
Hi all Since creating network administrator accounts, all our iMacs on the networks have enabled parental controls on the local administrator accounts. If you go into system preferences, the enable parental controls tick box is ticked, if you untick the tick box and message appears saying you cannot set parental controls on an admin account. It remains unticked. Close System Preferences and Open it again and the tick box is ticked again!! Parental controls then asks for permission when you open EVERY SINGLE PROGRAM. If you select always allow, it works until you log off and then you have to do it again. Which is.. frustrating. Anybody able to suggest anything to stop this happening?
-
if we're only judging hair.. 5 isn't bad. But I agree. One of them should atleast have dreads.
-
"So let me get this straight. After you finished, I go bite some kid and we'll get rid of Spiderman with some sort of fly boy?"
-
I honestly can't wait to go see it. Hopefully i'll be going to see it sometime this weekend. I've been a huge fan of Toy Story since I got the first one for my birthday 14 years ago!
-
Things you'd never hear on a film about computers
rolfea replied to Hightower's topic in General Chat
Dear Obi Wan I'm bored of all this fighting, I hoped we could put this behind us and be friends. To show you I mean this, I've attached a really cute picture of a cat to this email, I hope you enjoy. Yours, Darth x Attachment: Kitten.exe
