-
Posts
695 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by rolfea
-
ahhh that's how you do it. If you don't have a printer connected to the Mac will the print option still show? When I posted this i was working on a macbook with no printer attached and cold find a print menu anywhere...
-
Art teachers are wanting some sort of wizard on a mac where you can add more than one picture neatly onto a page and print it, just like the Microsoft Picture and Fax viewer print wizard. If Preview has one then I can't find, if not is there a program for Mac which can do the same thing as the Picture and Fax Viewer print wizard and shove more than one picture on a page easily and print them? I have no idea where to start looking so any ideas would be helpful. The idea of copying and pasting the pictures to a documents and resizing them didn't appeal to them. Cheers.
-
are there any updates for perian? also, when you added it, did it have com.perian or something like that? i found on our permissions here if it hasn't got the com.*whatever* then it doesnt tend to work, some work without it but more often than not it doesnt I have no idea what it is, if someone would like to explain it would be good.. just an observation
-
but maybe I want to do some proper work hahah it is getting really annoying I might try and put force quit on the mac equivalent of start up so i can end it before it even tries..
-
I've done everything here AND IT STILL POPS UP starting to annoy me abit now
-
as it got it own player or something within the package contents? I found with Flash I had to rumage around in the package contents to find the player...
-
found it brilliant, thanks for the help i would have thought that would have been on the server or something?
-
Alright, I don't want to get rid of it, but on my personal user account it keeps on loading up when I sign in, it's only this user account it happens to. I've search all round the program and the xserve workgroup settings and there is nothing that makes it open on log in. I haven't even got a project in it! Anybody know why it is doing this, and how I can stop it loading on log in?
-
Hi Guys We have a problem with new users logging in to a suite of Macs. New users are set with a user name and the password being password, on the first log in the reset the password to what ever they want. This is all set up in Workgroup Manager on an Xserve. This all works perfectly in 3 of the 4 Mac Suites we have, however not in one of them. Users can get to the expanded login screen asking them to change their password, despite entering a perfect valid password and having the option to be able to change the password active, the window shakes and refuses to log in. (And why doesn't a Mac tell why it can't log in ) Old users which have already reset the password can log in fine. Really keen on getting this fixed in order to get the suite up and running Thanks in advance
-
It doesn't in mine.. why?
-
i tried pretty much all of those and i did try swapping over the cable. I also tried re-patching it to another port in the switch which worked for a while,died again, but is now working again
- 2 replies
-
- connection
- lost
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Also, why is she naked? If she was wearing some sort of top then the under side of the breasts wouldn't be so defined... it'd just blend with her stomach.. and yes, I was paying to much attention:getmecoat:
- 29 replies
-
- anticlockwise
- clockwise
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I FINALLY GOT IT TO CHANGE! it wouldn't stop going clockwise then kept looking away and blurring my vision and everything and finally got it to go anti-clockwise! that's not the idea of it is it?
- 29 replies
-
- anticlockwise
- clockwise
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'd much rather see Bill Bailey on all honesty. I've found there are funny parts of the boosh, however really boring bits upto the funny bit and about 15 minutes after. Bill Bailey is pure genius comedy which can not be match by any other (famous) comedian.* Andy *this is purely personal opinion
-
On firefox it does. It works wonders for opening loads of links on one page you want to come back to
-
also in chrome I'd want the mouse wheel click to open a link in a new tab.
-
I'm actually a big fan of chrome, although i think it needs to be a bit more flexible. It hasn't got many option you can change in the preferences. One feature i ADORE is being able to simply drag tabs in and out of the browser (being on of these people who uses dual screens on a regular basis). It works wonders. I have found it pretty quick and, i think, it buffers the page or pictures before it displays so you get the whole page instantly. Atleast I think it does that. But the tab task manager is UH-MAZING. I hated it when one tab crashed on Firefox and my other 7 went with it. So the task manager is a mega win. If it had a add blocker then I would be converted from firefox. (Yes your adds are not blocked) Although, does the spybot immunize function support Chrome's cookies etc?
-
Hi guys For some reason, over night, a iMac G5 lost its connection to our Xserve and self assigned itself an IP address to a 169.etc address, therefore students couldn't sign into their work areas. The G5 is about 4 years old. I've tried setting both a manual IP and a Manual IP with DHCP. Both shown to be unsuccessful in the directory utility showing it still hasn't connected to the Xserve after a reboot. Am I right in thinking that the NIC has died inside the Mac? Is there a hardware diagnostic tool on a Mac that can check it?
- 2 replies
-
- connection
- lost
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
have you tried purevolume.com?
-
Workgroup Manager isn't extremely hard to use, I have limited knowledge about Macs and have been using it for for about 6 months without to many problems. The only difficulty is adding permissions for programs not included on iLife, we needed to call in an expert to show us how to fix it. The easiest way we he taught us to do it was to download something called Server Tools from Apple which installs on a client machine. Then to add a permission for a program use Workgroup manager from the Server Tools, drag the application icon from applications into the allow list on the preferences on the client machine. We added all the preferences to groups of users, teachers and students. Then just add all the users to one of these groups in the workgroup manager to control the preferences for the users. This is only the way I know, there could be an easier way which I'm not aware of, or which could be explained a lot easier without showing it.
-
I have a fairly new PC with an ATI X1950 Pro, AMD Athlon Dual Core and 2GB of RAM running Windows XP.. I would have thought it would be able to run Unreal Tournament Gold Edition but it can't. It lags so much its unplayable, the game play is jumping round everywhere, freezing then playing at treble speed then freezing again. I'm not a huge gaming person but UT Gold is such a quick fun filled first person shooter. A friend has told me that ATI cards don't like old games, he didn't say why so I just dismissed it. Could it be that UT Gold is just to old to be able to run normally on XP or is it the unexplainable reason to do with my graphics card?
- 1 reply
-
- problem
- tournament
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
For the moment I think a big message on the wall saying "Shut down all machines" will do the trick Thanks for all your help, and might look into investing in ARD in the future
- 10 replies
-
- energy saving
- shut down
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Slight problem with that is the effort of going round all the machines and setting it, although it's not difficult, it is time consuming. Matt's idea of a large pint is tempting, however the whole eco-friendly school idea goes out the window. It looks like a fix is slowly floating out the window to me.
- 10 replies
-
- energy saving
- shut down
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Before anyone shouts at me for not noticing the solution for, what might be, a simple problem, I haven't been working with Macs for long at all, I prefer Windows . However, the problem is; We have a medium size Mac network with an Xserve with Leopard (10.5.4) and about 50 client iMacs also with leopard (10.5.5) and are currently trying to set all the clients to shut down every evening using the workgroup manager on the Xserve, but when I return in the morning they are all still awake. All the clients are in groups for the departments the are used in (Music and Art for example). I have not only set the energy saving schedule in each machine group, but have also set the schedule for each indevidual machine in the workgroup manager, still doesn't want to know and stays on all night. The schedule hasn't been set on all the machines locally as I thought it would work just from the Xserve. Anyone know of this happening else where, or what could be going wrong?
- 10 replies
-
- energy saving
- shut down
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
