Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

_Bat_

Members
  • Posts

    1,352
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by _Bat_

  1. I bet she is embarassed when he tells her who he got to recover the photos and looks at the recovered ones... unless of course you missed those ones out?
  2. Exactly what you want is downloadable here: http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4349&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15 In a post by eean. I'm about to deploy that MSI myself actually
  3. AB tutor control will also do this - brilliant software
  4. It wouldn't be generally accepted. It keeps it simple to have one user account for the laptops and another for the computers that are kept at school. The laptops are on the domain, but they never used it that way. Having to change from local to domain accounts depending on their location and having to connect a network cable depending on which account they use would cause confusion.
  5. Not always feasible. If the school is anything like mine, they use the local accounts regardless of where they are. I wish it was this simple
  6. Because it was owned by the school and used for school business? In other words, people might e-mail the account expecting to get through to the school?
  7. SPAM and in a section that it isn't related to.
  8. Lol, I am also highly visible from a distance being 6'7"
  9. Blocked here as SPAM
  10. Lol. Not had a self turning off cabinet before... however I've been told the computers in part of the school aren't working to find that someone has flicked the switch on the plug socket to the cabinet on more then one occasion. It mostly happens during the holidays when people get paranoid about leaving things turned on.
  11. How on earth did MS take them by surprise? There was loads of warning.
  12. I did think it sounded a bit odd that it'd be done via filename.
  13. Which they will do
  14. I certainly agree with this. I'm leaving in a few weeks and although my network manager is still there (so saves me having to leave much information or documentation) I'll be leaving all my contact details because I was mostly working on my own (my network manager is very part time at my schools) and there might be certainly things that aren't immediately clear as to how or why I have done things a certain way. The two school websites immediately spring to mind.
  15. Guess I won't even try then. Lol. Since I've been working here, until now, I have never had new major (network wide) printers installed and in the last week I've just done two, so I'm not entirely sure how I need to set them up for laptops that never log in to the domain (apart from going around to every single one which will take quite a few hours - I guess this is the only way that remains though). Setting it up on the bulk of the network is easy... I just wish the laptops were as easy
  16. I wonder if I'll be murdered if I ask our staff to do this on their own laptops. I might use wink to set up a flash guide on how to do it, then e-mail everyone the link. Do you reckon this is asking too much? It does save me having to dash around the school all day tomorrow setting it up.
  17. I just added two printers recently both via the login script using con2prt which is a commnandline utility from the Zero Administration Kit for Windows NT 4.0. It works extremely well for domain PCs.
  18. I assume he didn't think he meant he was talking about the image itself.
  19. None of them apart from 202 work at home. 201 & 204 gives me the index page but sits loading and 203 just doesn't do anything at all like at work. This is virgin Media is Birmingham.
  20. Lol. I've had some rather interesting (to say the least) e-mails get caught on the swear filter (so they get sent to me and not the recipient). To save embarassment for certain people, I never told them that I'd seen the e-mails.
  21. Lol, really THAT personal?
  22. All apart from 203 work for me. I'm in Birmingham EDIT: 203 has not worked once for me and I've been trying on and off all afternoon. All the others are fine.
  23. Keep us updated on this... I'm curious if anyone will have a sudden outbreak of common sense along the way
  24. One of the headteachers of the two schools I work for has just come to me and offered me my job back in two years time. I must have done something right then...
  25. Out of interest (I'll understand if you don't wish to answer) what position was this person in?
×
×
  • Create New...