_Bat_
Members-
Posts
1,352 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by _Bat_
-
I can accept what you are saying with GCSE, but not A-Level. The course I took at A-Level went much further then just how to "use" a computer. It was designed for people who were probably going to be working IN ICT as their job role. It's not something someone who wanted to become a secretary would take. While the teachers here didn't always have the appropriate experience or knowledge (I have some horror stories about this), most had previously worked in IT in industry.
-
The best way to put it (in my opinion) is, pretend that there are 100 doors. You choose one, then monty hall gets rid of all the other doors except the one you chose and one other, one of which has to be the door with the car behind it. You can see there that it would be in your best interest to swap your choice because the door you chose has much less chance of being the correct door then the one that monty hall leaves you with. That is effectively what happens, even though there are only three doors
-
Anyone heard of this before? It's a mathematical probability puzzle which is well known for confusing people when they are told the solution because it is completely counterintuitive. The problem is as follows: The answer is in fact yes, you double the probability of you getting the correct door (from 1/3 to 2/3) if you switch your choice. I, like most others, initially refused to accept this and it took me a few minutes before I could see why the chances are greatly increased if you swap your choice. I think this is rather amusing by just how many people refuse to accept the reality of the situation.
-
Okay I leave this Friday and with all the things I have to do before that time, this is unfortunately going to be the last time I post on here probably for the next two years. Regarding meeting people up in Preston - I'm not sure this will be allowed to be honest unless I just happen to see you in the street (even though I have no idea what any of you look like lol). I expect edugeek v2.0 will be long up and running by the time I get back, I just hope some of you remember me!
-
It's not a problem - we are not here to give you morality lectures . However I'm sure you can understand that this site is a very popular website and has already had legal threats from large companies, we we have to be careful what we do.
-
I wouldn't be so sure. MS get most of their money from businesses who generally pay for their licenses However I agree with what you are saying. It would be wrong to support illegal software on a site like this.
-
Is it just me or is that a contradiction? Anyway, you really should buy a copy. If you, like me, disagree with the price of MS software, use linux.
-
Quick way to logon on a whole room.
_Bat_ replied to jumpinjamez's topic in Network and Classroom Management
My (ex) school uses this. Anyone noticed it is very dodgy because if you make a mistake when entering the username or password, the software isn't good enough to recognise that an error message has appeared above the login window and completely screws up next time you try. -
Go and get the technician.
-
Agreed. Exercise, while I don't do it anywhere near enough and sometimes you have to force yourself to do it (especially if you feel depressed or worried), once you have finished you feel an awful lot better. It obviously does you a lot of good too, so kills two birds with one stone
-
Lol I think one is enough . You might wanna do both if you were working for MI5 or something
-
Hammer and nails. A lot of fun too
-
Request for comments on our latest installation
_Bat_ replied to openhgs's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Interesting point: They have no IT support on site... they had a glint in their eye when I told them what my job was -
Request for comments on our latest installation
_Bat_ replied to openhgs's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Yeah, a very big white building with a big white tower that can be seen for miles around. I attached a pic to this post. It isn't the best pic, but there you go. -
Request for comments on our latest installation
_Bat_ replied to openhgs's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Who knows. I was offered my job back in one school but two years is a long time... things change. -
Request for comments on our latest installation
_Bat_ replied to openhgs's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Heh... it looks nothing like me, I promise! The sad thing is, as I'm leaving on Friday, that picture will probably come down soon . I'll be honest... I'm finding it very hard to let go -
and you thought the education sector is badly paid...
_Bat_ replied to baxter's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Not necessarily the person who typed it up though? I agree, you are very brave saying that -
Easy mistake to make
-
I apologise. I was putting it on par with chav etc. but I stand corrected.
-
I should certainly hope not.
-
What is that saying that involves stones and a glass house
-
Lol, it was my personal way of trying to keep the peace
-
Sunny is a pupil, he just PM'd me saying so. I don't think any harm was intended but just to let people know.
