_Bat_
Members-
Posts
1,352 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by _Bat_
-
I suspect as you are a newly registered user that people aren't gonna do that, even without access to sensitive data.
-
I have read a fair few of the posts on here but I am still very confused as to how a set of tools that do a similar job to a vanilla setup but make life a lot easier/quicker for the network manager is a bad thing? To me it just seems like these people (and they do exist) who refuse to do anything at all using a GUI if it can be done in the command line. Most GUIs were designed to make your life easier and jobs quicker. Not the other way around. Before anyone says anything, I have had experience of RM networks before as I spent five years with one in school (in which I did mess around with the admin account rather a lot... but shhh, don't tell anyone).
-
That is normal for any forum though. People register and then forget that they ever registered lol. It's not even like this forum requires you to register to see the posts...
-
Well seeing as this thread links to their website they'll hopefully see this page and note down the opinions people actually have of them.
-
People have said they provide a decent service... it is mainly the name that would possibly give me second thoughts... they knew people would confuse them with microsoft, it's just dirty marketing really.
-
Lol, it is quite interesting because I made a post a few weeks ago on here about an error message I was receiving. When I googled the error message, only two results appeared. About 2 mins after I posted the error on edugeek, I googled it again just to make sure and there was a third result which was the post I'd made here. At first I thought it was just coincidence and that google just happened to be spidering the site at the time, but then a similar thing happened a few days later. Like on an average website, you are looking at around a month before new pages appear in google?
-
LOL!!! It was a 8th a few seconds ago... yes it is 3rd now lol.
-
Apparently Scott Mills thought it would be funny if it got to #1, so encouraged everyone to buy it.
-
Lol, in reference to my post above, we don't do too badly in google: http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=%22the+ladies+bras%22&btnG=Google+Search&meta= We are at #8 at the moment
-
Lol, otherwise known as knowing how to search engine optimise your scam website for free much to the annoyance of forum owners and members around the internet
-
Lol what is it with these types of websites? They all look the same for some reason. Click on any of the 'sponsered links' on a google search and most of them look the same as the above advertised website. I think it must be the lack of information (except for a few uninformative points such as 'we are the best') and determination to get you to sign up for something (like the great big arrow pointing towards the form). I suspect the person who signed up to advertise this didn't quite realise the nature of this forum. Or they did, but just wanted to SEO their site. I think the mods should remove it.
-
fine
-
Really? 8O I get the opposite impression... lol.
-
You know, dos_box is going to have to give us a list of search terms used to find this site. This thread, along with things like this must mean some pretty weird search engine searches list us as a result
-
I suspect that at the rate his posts are increasing, webman is Geoffs' real competition here.
-
and if you want to annoy an american hacker/script kiddie, put a £ symbol in your password.
-
Edugeeks anonymous? I can't be addicted... in two weeks time I won't be able to come back here for two years
-
They took the RAM and CPU from each machine? In other words, a thief with a small ounce of intelligence (i.e. they even know what RAM and CPU are let alone take them out)? Is that a common thing nowadays? I guess I'm just used to it being chavs who wouldn't know a desktop PC from a laptop.
-
Gypsies I believe. It's a term regularly used around London
-
From Maidenhead: Download: 9410 Upload: 8378 My goodness. Wow.
-
Request for comments on our latest installation
_Bat_ replied to openhgs's topic in Network and Classroom Management
To be honest, the monitor is rarely used. I'm not sure you what you can see from the photo, but the projector is connected directly to the computer. The monitor is disconnected. This is how it is in most classrooms and this is how it stays almost permanantly in most. I sent an e-mail around asking if they wanted the laptops connected to the projectors, or the PCs (stating the consequences of using the PCs) and this is how they wanted it. We cannot afford a VGA splitter for each classroom. So basically the kids use the interactive whiteboard in the classrooms... the keyboard and mouse aren't used for long periods at a time (mainly just for eportal - marking the register). Any word processing etc. for the teacher or pupils is usually done in the ICT Suite which is obviously a much better setup. -
Request for comments on our latest installation
_Bat_ replied to openhgs's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Not all our classroom PCs are like this See here on our virtual tour for example: http://www.theovalprimary.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13 You can see that the keyboard is to the left of the monitor and when the monitor is in use, they just turn it so they can see what they are doing. There is no room to do it any other way. The desk cannot be any larger due to the doorway being just to the right of it. That just happens to be where the network point is located -
Support is extremely limited during the holidays at my schools (mainly due to the fact that not many people around around then anyway). If there is a major problem, they can usually phone or e-mail me. Other then that, I am never in during the holidays for staff support, I go in for network maintenance.
-
Lol, come on Craig, we all know you are a l33t h4x0r by night, innocent techie by day
