Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

_Bat_

Members
  • Posts

    1,352
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by _Bat_

  1. There were problems with using google.com with the BGfL network at one point. It took you to google in a completely different country. I'm not exactly sure how they got it fixed in the end.
  2. Debit.
  3. Lol yeah. It wouldn't normally bother me too much, but I've lost quite a lot of money recently on other stuff as well and I'd ideally like this £40 back. I can't afford to keep losing stuff like this .
  4. That's what I'm worried about lol. I haven't had chance to deal with it since it happened. I'm going to phone them tomorrow to find out how much actually came out and if it was £50, what I need to do to get it back. If they have overwritten the CCTV, I'm not sure where I stand.
  5. I think there was. Whether they still have the tapes from last Wednesday is anyones guess.
  6. Hey all, last Wednesday I tried to withdraw £50 from a cash machine in a shop. It's one of these third party cash machines that charge for transactions. The machine was out of receipt paper, so getting one wasn't an option. Anyway, the transaction was accepted, but only £10 came out of the machine and an error popped up. No explanation, just said it couldn't be completed. I'm fairly certain £50 came out of my account that evening, but I haven't had the time to check or even deal with this yet, I'm going to phone them tomorrow and find out how much came out. If £50 did come out, I have no proof that I only got £10. Does anyone know where I would stand legally with this if the bank refuse to refund me? Thanks
  7. The reason I use google is because it is quick to load (and the fact that I use it more then any other website). Seriously, nothing is more annoying then a slowish loading home page... like the bgfl website (which my schools have... argggh)
  8. Plain old google
  9. Sounds like you've had a fun day . I doubt they will call the police or anyone like that... they must know they have no chance of winning as they never set it up. What is their excuse?
  10. Yep Yep No. Our church has around 12,000,000 members. Every male when they reach the age of 19 is required to serve a mission (I left mine a bit late for several reasons). We have tens of thousands out in the field as we speak, so I've seen and spoken to more then enough ex missionaries and current missionaries to know the experience is worth while. I find it difficult to explain, but you gain an awful lot of life experience in just two years. No. Again, I know of hundreds of missionaries who have returned and had no trouble finding work. Now that would be difficult. I'm quite addicted to the internet. But fortunately I'm still allowed to go to the library in chorley and use the internet there It's not a church, it's a temple. There is quite a difference. But yes, I'll be doing something similar to this. Well, if you wanna see it like that, yes. While I'm not doing for personal gain, I don't exactly lose out. As I said, you gain a lot of life experience doing this. I guess you could say that. I happen to believe he is right. That's a matter of opinion but years of experience from other people has told me other wise. Could well be. And that's part of the experience. Personally that wouldn't bother me though. Not true. As I said, I've seen this happen more then enough times to know I'll have no trouble getting a job afterwards. My careers advisor said the same thing as you at college, but that is only because it's a rare thing to do and there is no particular "text book" reponse to it, therefore it "must be a bad thing". Even in IT, it isn't too difficult. I have friends in the church who also work in IT and they had no trouble getting jobs after they returned. I definately will be going back to IT. I have a few plans in mind... and if what Midget says turns out to be true because of being out of paid work for two years (I honestly don't think it will) I will try and get a job in the church offices with their IT support team. I do have a few IT contacts within the church as well and they might be able to help me out somewhat. One of them is a manager of a local IT company and I have worked for him before.
  11. Thanks very much! That worked!
  12. That deletes all the network printers? I can only delete the one. We have more then one installed on each machine.
  13. I have tried to use the following script to delete our old printer from our client machines: start \\SERVER\ICT_HP4050N rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /gd /n\\SERVER\ICT_HP4050N N When I run it though, it comes up with the following error: Does anyone know why this is happening? Google doesn't give me any info. The printer was added using a similar script, so it should work. Cheers!
  14. I do. I want to go... but I also don't want to leave either. I'm not 100% certain myself. I'll be doing a lot of work there... bits of it there is no point in detailing because it focuses on the religous aspects of the temple. The majority of the time though I'll be working just like I am in my job now, but doing different things, such as working in the office, working with the engineers (I'm really looking forward to that bit) etc. They say they will train me up as an electrician which should be cool. ... I also found out they have no IT support personnel on site, so I think that will probably become my job as well
  15. Unfortunately I'm going to be leaving both edugeek and the world of IT for two years starting from about 1.5 months time. This is for religious reasons. Basically, the church that I am a member of (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints or "the mormons") has asked me to serve a mission for two years. I'm not going quite yet, but I just wanted to thank the members of this forum for all the help I have been given from them over the past year and a bit. My job would not have been the same without this place. Also to thank Dos_Box for setting it up! For anyone interested, I'm going to be located at the Mormon Preston Temple. Anyone who lives near Preston Or Chorley will know exactly what I am talking about (you can see the white tower with the small statue on top for miles around!)
  16. If you had never heard of yahoo or seen their logo, how could you possibly know what company that logo was for? It is only because you have seen yahoo several times that you recognise the logo.
  17. That's just due to the popularity of the company, nothing to do with the way the logo is designed.
  18. _Bat_

    It's war!!

    I added my opinion of her statement to the TES forum.
  19. I actually quite like it.
  20. Ah, I see.
  21. Hmm, I dunno... MI5 is security and MI6 is intelligence, correct? I'd imagine both have silenced people in the past
  22. I have also had this problem.
  23. Darn, there was me planning a coup d'état.
  24. That's pretty much what I meant. The UK is fine as long as you take out all the problems the government has caused... IMO anyway. I would start listing them, but I might be carried away and this would turn into a rant about our current government, then they will get MI6 to kill me* . * Yes, I have been watching too much of Jason Bourne
×
×
  • Create New...