Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HBPS

Members
  • Posts

    169
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HBPS

  1. BT have offered this to me recently also for parents not really something that I'm interested in pushing at the moment though
  2. interested also
  3. Hi Chris if you are who i think you are SBSJ and you have a Smoothwall onsite still i'm pretty sure you can keep the device and it will be supported as the devices were paid for for all schools regardless of connection not you stay with the LA. there maybe a charge though for support after the contract ends, were going 100MB leased line with Schools broadband fairly cheap as well. i know mark and Matt pretty well at Exa both good blokes. if you need a chat inbox me
  4. We use emerge desktop for registration and inventry for managing visitors and lates for students
  5. We use emerge desktop for registration and inventry for managing visitors and lates for students
  6. maybe try aspen solutions if your interested in refurbed kit, mainly dell
  7. is it a compaq pda?
  8. you would have to migrate them off first mine was a 2tb data disk lun not a vm datastore. do you have vms hosted on this particular lun
  9. I had this issue with a dell San about 3 years ago in 5.0 the Lun was mapped in the san UI. The Lun was still mapped to an old physical box after removing the mapping it freed up the 2tb storage.
  10. BT business bought some hyperx savage 240gb 2.5" for £46 ex vat, last time I checked the 120's were over £100 and that was about 12 month ago
  11. I use ZAR zero assumption recovery well worth the investment Data Recovery Software, Solutions, Tutorials - ZAR Data Recovery saved my SAN partition when a 3rd party managed to format the 1tb partition. That was a temp holding point for a migration to a new SAN
  12. I had an issue with office 2016 and sims on our admin machines. But i'd used the 64 bit version seemed to work fine with the 32bit version no crashes at all
  13. done
  14. Yep hence why i suggested them cant fault them really
  15. We use these guys. School ICT Services - MIS and SIMS Support for Schools Cheap and cheerful but I use to do LA sims support so I deal with a lot of issues myself
  16. how can you forget the bags. Have your 5p at the ready
  17. For Sharepoint I cant recommend Cloud design Box https://www.clouddesignbox.co.uk/ highly enough they used to look after my last school I'm sure Tony Phillips will be attending BETT I'm sure he will be free for a chat.
  18. https://www.avpartsmaster.co.uk/p-48277-conen-motorized-wall-mount-for-42-70-display.aspx used these on many occasions and have feet not screws to the floor with a but of 2x4 on the wall behind the support beam should be fine
  19. wireless and i couldn't but can wired
  20. yes to all
  21. yes i know its on my list to change its a HP switch POE
  22. hope you can make this out
  23. i have set a vlan on the ZD vlan 0005 then on my POE Switch that's in the 10.21.216 ip range trunked ports to my admin and curric switch from the poe switch on vlan 0001 for curric and 0005 for admin and nope cant access anything "if you assign a laptop a device on the remote network" how do you mean
  24. Where to start I am probably the only person to be supporting 2 schools with separate networks well until Easter. Admin network and switches are on 10.22.54.xx 255.255.255.0 with a separate GW to my curric network that's on 10.21.216.xx 255.255.252.0. The issue i have is i want to advertise a admin SSID network to my admin users to login to their Domain. The networks are separated physically by the a router supplied by our ISP. Saying that I can RDP and browse network locations on both networks from both sides. Does anybody know if it is possible to achieve my goal? if so how.
×
×
  • Create New...