-
Posts
169 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by HBPS
-
Staff salary sacrifice for IT equipment - Anyone run them?
HBPS replied to tj2419's topic in How do you do....it?
BT have offered this to me recently also for parents not really something that I'm interested in pushing at the moment though -
interested also
-
Exa Networks - Anyone use them?
HBPS replied to chrisjako's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Hi Chris if you are who i think you are SBSJ and you have a Smoothwall onsite still i'm pretty sure you can keep the device and it will be supported as the devices were paid for for all schools regardless of connection not you stay with the LA. there maybe a charge though for support after the contract ends, were going 100MB leased line with Schools broadband fairly cheap as well. i know mark and Matt pretty well at Exa both good blokes. if you need a chat inbox me -
We use emerge desktop for registration and inventry for managing visitors and lates for students
-
We use emerge desktop for registration and inventry for managing visitors and lates for students
-
maybe try aspen solutions if your interested in refurbed kit, mainly dell
-
is it a compaq pda?
-
BT business bought some hyperx savage 240gb 2.5" for £46 ex vat, last time I checked the 120's were over £100 and that was about 12 month ago
-
I use ZAR zero assumption recovery well worth the investment Data Recovery Software, Solutions, Tutorials - ZAR Data Recovery saved my SAN partition when a 3rd party managed to format the 1tb partition. That was a temp holding point for a migration to a new SAN
-
I had an issue with office 2016 and sims on our admin machines. But i'd used the 64 bit version seemed to work fine with the 32bit version no crashes at all
-
Yep hence why i suggested them cant fault them really
-
We use these guys. School ICT Services - MIS and SIMS Support for Schools Cheap and cheerful but I use to do LA sims support so I deal with a lot of issues myself
-
how can you forget the bags. Have your 5p at the ready
-
free pens it is then
-
For Sharepoint I cant recommend Cloud design Box https://www.clouddesignbox.co.uk/ highly enough they used to look after my last school I'm sure Tony Phillips will be attending BETT I'm sure he will be free for a chat.
-
https://www.avpartsmaster.co.uk/p-48277-conen-motorized-wall-mount-for-42-70-display.aspx used these on many occasions and have feet not screws to the floor with a but of 2x4 on the wall behind the support beam should be fine
-
wireless and i couldn't but can wired
-
yes i know its on my list to change its a HP switch POE
-
-
i have set a vlan on the ZD vlan 0005 then on my POE Switch that's in the 10.21.216 ip range trunked ports to my admin and curric switch from the poe switch on vlan 0001 for curric and 0005 for admin and nope cant access anything "if you assign a laptop a device on the remote network" how do you mean
-
Where to start I am probably the only person to be supporting 2 schools with separate networks well until Easter. Admin network and switches are on 10.22.54.xx 255.255.255.0 with a separate GW to my curric network that's on 10.21.216.xx 255.255.252.0. The issue i have is i want to advertise a admin SSID network to my admin users to login to their Domain. The networks are separated physically by the a router supplied by our ISP. Saying that I can RDP and browse network locations on both networks from both sides. Does anybody know if it is possible to achieve my goal? if so how.
