-
Posts
3,240 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by mthomas08
-
Brilliant, although I have seen better ones Especially ones from the other side. Some great aim and a little luck.
-
Was sitting here thinking where is Chuckie Egg, one of two games anyone I have spoken to about the old games always mention. The other being Dizzy. Found it in the end, top 20 for Chuckie Egg - surprised to see Dizzy a bit far down. They are the only two games anyone has ever mentioned to me.
-
How long did it take them to learn this? As long as we get appreciation and pay for it all we will be happy.... oh wait.
-
....and there was me thinking this country was broke....
mthomas08 replied to mattx's topic in General Chat
Its real. Asteroid mining could start this decade | TG Daily I just saw it my self. -
Quality, although I have completely stopped support for Anonymous, I dont believe in anyone being judge jury and executioner who everyone has to believe their way or you get your website hacked in to.. @Pryoman Totally agree with you but, would you feel the same if what occurs in China/India/Brazil (long time F1 track) and others even possible Mexico occurs on our door step too? Would you be happy to take a blind eye to drug lords on your street, Child labour, No rights for the poor, no one allowed to protest, torture, Propaganda, Website controls (which US tried to have put in place and some nations in F1 do currently). If they do stop every track that goes to a country with serious Human rights issues, wouldnt the only ones left be EU/US? The Olympics even went to China who lets face it still dont have a good track record, should that of gone there? Some times maybe its a good thing for F1 to go to places like Bahrain as a result of F1 going there it was in the news non stop and opened peoples eyes to the real situations? If F1 wasnt going there in the first place it could of been simply forgotten?
-
A lot of these responses are actually seeing the Bahrain problem, the arguement is Bahrain is not the only F1 country that forgets about Human Rights. China is a prime example, the only real difference is its just not getting the news any more. Even Brundle commentated on the fact that other sporting events HAVE taken place recently but because F1 goes there its a difference story. And people are taking the moral high ground even though they probably have purchased goods that are made by a 8 year old slave labour lucky if they are earning 1P a day struggling to feed their family. People are not saying that the race SHOULD HAVE*edit gone ahead without question, people are simply saying F1 still goes to other countries which suffer serious human rights issues.
-
....and there was me thinking this country was broke....
mthomas08 replied to mattx's topic in General Chat
Thumbs Up. Totally agree. It may not be their fault why we are here in the first place (I Blame the last 20 years of government policies) but it is now down to the government of today to help the problem not ignore it. AKA like the tax change for rich people and if I remember rightly according to them it only brings in 1Billion (When it was all being announced) yet another Billion gone which probably helped Davids friends more than any one else.... Nothing at all has changed, working class are still beng ripped apart, I wish I could be honest and tell the kids right now the truth of earning a career. That out of all those who actually get good jobs and careers only a small % of you will actually have money to do fancy holidays every year, nice house, nice car and actually be well off. -
Although it did look dangerous to be honest, I think its all racing nice for Alonso to mention Lewis's race - must be the first thing on his mind when its over "Where is hamil-ton".
-
This is how I feel, there will always be different views on this, like my view being whats the point in being moral when human rights is being completely ignored and abused by governments in some countries yet everyone cares about Bahrain. You only have to think about the moment when JB and crew had to avoid kidnappers at Brazil - if safety cant be assured in a country thats been a part of F1 for a life time why argue about Bahrain.
-
So lets take the moral high ground compared to countries that are run by dictators, couldnt care less about poor people even suffering of their own people? I am watching it, I am an F1 fan and if that makes me evil well. If you want to take the moral high ground suggest you dont watch F1 in any country minus EU races. A good example would be China - we all know how bad this country is run compared to other nations.
-
Nope, although at the start I had to make some system changes that I did and they provided a username/password (which have been forgotten with my bad memory after about 2 mins). Since then though I have not needed to touch the linux box it self, as mentioned by @bmdixon you shouldnt need to really everything is in the toolkit AKA Backup/Shutdown and basic server changes to your websites. Dont think Frog would feel comfortable giving out those details just to cause more problems, I certainly wouldnt
-
This whole thing reminds me of those who speed/drink drive/tailgate. What if causing an accident during those moments? Couple of points, community service, couple of months in prison: Even if the above clips another car which in turn rolls off the road killing all occupants. Will most likely get away with all the above and not sent down for life. As we have seen in the so called justice system before where some one has done the above and totally got away with it. Sorry still murder and should be sent down for life.
-
Brilliant, made me laugh. Can you imagine actually using that!!! The Mayhem! *Evil Laugh*
-
He still murdered some one?.. When will people learn you knock some one out standing up what are they going to fall on? a soft bean bag? Sorry still murder in my eyes, people dont think more than two seconds in front of them and wonder "Why me". He set out to seriously hurt the guy without regarding his health or what happened next. Think its time people like this got sent down.
-
Agreed, theres another article in the Sun I think it is, man broke a childs leg while abusing his mother and only got a few days prison time 1 day more than it took the child to be released from hospital.
-
I hear this so many times... and I have yet to hear this from a single person who actually understands Technical Support always some one who "I can use a MAC so that makes me a Know it all"..............
-
It's a shame, over the years I have paid the same and all that happens to me is I get more bandwidth for the same price. In fact I am one of those who will get even more, it's in June for me I think.
-
Thank you for reminding me how much I miss the IT Crowd!!!!! Still waiting for the new season.
-
I tried dressing in my superdry hoody just to join the brand of students but that only occurs in half terms Currently wearing my unused grey suit, other half loves it.....
-
Nope but sisters are and never use email, both sit on facebook though...
-
Agreed, with us we have Exchange - our email address have been changed from Surname with First letter of the Firstname @COMpany to SurnameFirstname@Company. This change was actually suggested by CET and being a community based School it seemed much better, not just about being professional but making it easier for staff/students and outside people to email the right person. We have even gone another step and added several email addresses to our website for parents etc to easily contact the head of departments. No matter what you will have that "problem parent" but lets face it how many parents have the time to sit on email?
-
BBC F1 No highlights dont count I have already watched the race on sky and seeing Jake, Eddie and DC no longer argue because they dont have the time with the 2 hour limit is not the same!
-
Frog is expensive, which is why you really need to make sure its what you want. 25K+ and an annual fee of 4K depending what you do. The thing to remember about Frog is the fact it is constantly developing and you do get technical/Platform/Server support. The two big things they are working on at the moment which are not far off from being finished is Single sign on (Domain machines) and Live/Exchange integration. It's also designed on its own platform so even our non IT Literate staff are able to construct a website and make changes/additions to it. Annoying thing though is when you spend more time with it, you want more from it and you can come up with too many ideas too fast
- 9 replies
-
- learning gateway
- learning platform
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
