Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

mthomas08

Members
  • Posts

    3,240
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mthomas08

  1. You are asking people to have common sense? Energy drinks here are banned for the kids - they are confiscated. My nephew (13) sometimes drinks them but he is a normal healthy lad with no conditions. Everyone knows they are energy drinks and not fruit juice...
  2. Other half lives on Facebook and some times twits. I have both but I rarely check twitter - I find some stuff interesting but as far facebook I check it once a day or a week. Only thing I find annoying is now people cant even have jokes on it all without being prosecuted. I lie there I dont find it annoying I find it beyond disgusting that people are being sentenced left right and centre for what they put on these compared to real criminals who do real harm. But Hey ho - in the words of Al Murray "The world is getting sillier"
  3. mthomas08

    FIFA 13

    Well I am hooked, just started playing Fifa13 and I cant stop.... Shame I have a life though.. I cant spend too much time on it.
  4. I did see this on the sun, made me laugh the fact the students got booted out. As for the Apple gizmo feeling - most staff just think "Buy it, open the box and use it". To be honest we never considered here that an iPad could easily access that on some ones iPhone. Does make you wonder. Goes back to the notion of tightening down access on the iPads for students. Still..... you have to laugh
  5. Not surprised. On a night out I have been to the toilet and seen loads of guys just walk straight out. Also heard my younger sister tell her daughter "Not to wash" her hands after going to the toilet.
  6. We use sharepoint here currently, SSO and fully customizable. We even have daily totals for each person appear on the right side (IT Support Staff).
  7. In my opinion short term you can get a Tech, long term I would say its a no go. 18K+ NM I would say. This place went down hill when the NM left and no one had a clue how to operate the servers let alone run backups. E.g Exchange Server filling up with the logs - were being manually deleted! Windows updates, Virus protection wasnt being done (athough thats common sense now). Software was being installed on the main PDC even if it was for testing or tom dick or harry software..... Difference to today though is we dont have up to 200 machines and 3 servers, we have up to 1000 and 15 servers. Managed printers, EPO, Projectors in every class room, whiteboards etc etc.
  8. Glad im not the only one hating this stupid move, Lewis really does seem to be throwing a tantrum... i really dont know.. Most drivers go up the grid till the end of their career, Lewis much younger, very talented but going backwards to a car fighting for 5th in the championship. Maybe he wants to do an Alonso be number 1, get a 2nd rate car up the field. Reliability though is not on Mercs side either compared to Ferrari.... Oh well, Maca gained Perez and unless he easily beats Button maybe we will see Button fighting for the championship. Button is back to his consistent ways just like we had last season where he finished 2nd behind that brilliant RBR and Vettel.
  9. We use Hyper V here already on one virtual server. Depends on cost really: if we get 2TB of space affordable on a nice box then we will resort to that being dedicated for exchange. If we can afford more then I would consider virtualisation options bare in mind the exchange server has already been setup etc.
  10. Well all, its time for us here to consider some where to store exchange 2010 database on a new bad boy. We currently have a nice dell server but unfortunately storage wise its starting to be limited - with the exchange logs it doesnt help either. So we are looking in to a possible SAN - which maybe one day we could increase space and store more etc. Anyway, what would people recommend? We heavily rely on email 1800+ Accounts, 1000 PCs, Laptops and now more and more staff are syncing it through their phones. Storage already has breached 260GB of the databases alone and the logs fill up about 10GB a day. And I also need it to possibly hold more as time goes by (2 years ago we had a database of 75GB). Our old server certainly couldnt man up against today, we are a Microsoft Vanilla Network 2008R2 server based on all the boxes. Bit of a Dell fan but depends what people here like and prefer? Budget wise well give me options Thank you in advanced for the advice.
  11. Dont think Frog are ignoring Macs, they like me just refuse to make it a top priority We have about 40 of them compared to our other almost 1000 PCs/Laptops. Anyway isnt FrogOS4 designed for different OS's and iPads etc. As for the SSO I did read something about the next update containing fixes, we havent had the time to release SSO yet so had no trouble. Other than our DFE changed causing a major issues - thank you government officials.
  12. With Frog staff/students can access their Home drives anywhere - even on iPhones. Although we used to have a VPN Web Access to the drives, if they didnt exist I would consider Dropbox for staff. Not sure about students though.
  13. Thats just beyond quality To be frank though I really dont know why Apple made their own when Google has spent years making theirs pretty good, I have had far less problems using google maps in the last 18 months. And their live traffic feed helped me avoid problems on the way back from Wales.
  14. Great little clip, insane to think they are limited to that. I didnt actually consider their IT Limitations, I know they have car design, budget cap (not including driver salary). I also thought Marrussia rented out an air tunnel but obviously not? I still want to sit in the Mclaren simulator.....
  15. I had this issue, 1st thing I spent ages trying to work out - Check each server has the same GPO settings. In 2008R2 you can change the one you are viewing in Group Policy Management by right clicking on the FQDN. I checked each one to find they wasnt syncronising with each other and like you it was being set randomly. I changed the way they syncronised - once I remember how I will post it.
  16. Nice, I will have to add this to my list. It is something we have considered here on/off for our website.
  17. Just watched those videos on my 15 mins of lunch Some pretty good touches they have done on the game, really will have to get it. Can really tell the difference between this version and Xenonauts. They seem to have added many different touches compared keeping it original like xeno. Still I might have to get both when i can.
  18. I didnt expect anything else really, still I am sure some people will still queue up 12 hours before stores open to get their latest iPhone iPhones are just like what PCs used to be, new release every 18 months with only slight improvements. I still have my iPhone4 and I will stick with it. There wasnt a real reason to get 4S and no real reason to get 5 until our country is all 4G but then again I am happy with my 3G.
  19. Just had the question thrown in my face, my response was "I couldnt give a rats ...." No on a serious note would be interesting to know what new features it provides, the 4S didnt offer much over my iPhone4 and I have seen the voice feature get used for the first month and then forgotten. Better screen size? Slightly better spec - thats the norm. Still I will keep my iPhone4 for as long as possible because I think about upgrading, even though my contract runs out in a few months. A lot of money to spend on something that probably wont give me much more. Unless Apple have provided some really good new stuffs!
  20. Fingers crossed a Brit wins F1 as well!
  21. PC here, I find it much easier to play on a PC and switch to my other stuff without problem. Usually Window mode too Just the normal version for me, probably wont get the Xenonauts one just yet and will see how this total full on remake is first.
  22. There is another version, Xenonauts – Strategic Planetary Defence Simulator | Xenonauts – an indie spiritual successor to X-Com! But I think this one is pretty much the same but slightly improved graphics and additions. With the one your talking about though, 1 base only.. but does look really impressive, I will be getting it just not so sure about Xenonauts one - much more original though.
  23. QUALITY!!!! Most expense fly killer?
  24. Strange that, we also get "Can this staff member have my old laptop".
  25. oops I didnt bump it!
×
×
  • Create New...