Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

mthomas08

Members
  • Posts

    3,240
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mthomas08

  1. Who knows, maybe the calendar was their version of an Christmas Advent Calendar Minus the chocolate.
  2. Already got it, think I brought mine for about £40 at HMV a few years back. Only thing that annoys me - flipping/changing CDs! Great series, only thing wrong with my other half - she isnt a fan.......
  3. My other half, her sister, my mother and I think my older sister all have 1....
  4. You have shelves too! Just wondering are they your servers?
  5. We got one more week, one good thing about all the management changes - Staff are being told to do normal lessons instead of DVD movies. I have not had one single DVD issue so far let alone seen any!
  6. I have yet to let it out but it will feel like a wrath of god when it's released.
  7. Im building up a fart.. im replying to this thread.. think thats it for me.
  8. Barely read the mail, in fact any newspaper has nothing to do with my hatred towards benefit cheats. I have said it several times I know people (my younger sister for one) who live the life by NOT working. If 1% is pure benefit cheats then what about: Those who use any excuse not to work? Those who have kids so they dont have to work? What % is all of that? I could name 5 people right now at the top of my head who dont work and dont want to work and use any excuse not to. 5 at the top of my head is a high number, I also have heard stories from real people who have been told "Dump your Boyfriend and as a single mum you will get an additional 500 a month, nicer house and dont have to work". I was shocked the 1st time I heard that and the worst part is - she actualy went to see what help she could get with tax credits etc and that was the response she was given (no joke). She also knew some people who have two kids, 3 bed large house - all paid for. Worst thing about all this is no one is coming up with a solution, we have created a culture who feel like they DONT need to work. You can not argue that fact, we have created it by giving out money left right and centre and as always the working class get screwed over. My other half was on job seekers allowance for a while and she admitted that she didnt feel the need to push hard to find a job, she would go for a few job interviews every now and then but put no real effort. Benefit fraud is not what people are complaining about its those who get to live off the system and not work - they are doing nothing illegal. Problem is kids are now thinking they DONT need to work when they leave school, I know several students who have admitted they just want to get pregnant and get a council house. They say that because they see it often, some times their own parents. Sorry bit of a rant here, having seen so many people through the years who just dont care and use one excuse after another why they can not work. The system is beyong broken and a revamp is seriously needed. As I said before create a credit system to pay bills, would any real honest worker complain about a credit system when they just lost their job to pay bills? I certainly wouldnt.
  9. As tempted as I have been to use other browsers - I have been tempted to allow user choices etc but then I remember things work at the moment
  10. I have to agree. I have nothing against some ones sexuality, I do have my own beliefs - same for religion and they will probably never change. I would however never disrespect some one because they believe in something different. If my kids (touch wood when I have them) turned around and said something with their sexuality or religion (among 100 other things) - it certainly wouldnt bother me but I would worry about them. I have nothing against those who believe in something different though, even those who may not be in favour of gay/religions etc. No point hating those who hate in the 1st place. We do all have a right to our own opinions, its just those who act upon it. As far as im concerned I treat everyone equally unless they personally annoy me (or professionally line up a knife in my back)
  11. Well unless some one comes up with a better idea, at the moment they have what as choices? Scrap the system Continue on with it as it is Give it a hefty review Either way they are doomed, because even reviewing each case people are still going to suffer who are victims and not benefit cheats, or having kids just for the sake of it. As far as im concerned those who dont want to be a part of the credit system have a choice of finding a job or taking nothing from the government? Having been jobless a while back and struggling for money I accepted any job I could find, which was basic manual labour work. It paid the bills. Surely if you are innocent you dont mind at all in taking credit which pays your bills and rent - this is what people are fuming about isnt it? Unless you are telling me that benefit money is just there for you to do what you want when you want. Either way if people dont want a credit system then I will simply agree with the hefty cuts on the entire system. Personally I would be more than happy to take a system that paid my bills while I try to get another job then I can actually spend what I want on the money I earn. Unless its all just another excuse for people to fiddle a system and use technicality on why they should be given money "Sorry I have bills to pay" then head off own the pub every night.
  12. Thats the problem, people like you suffer so should the government just continue to dish out money to everyone or actually review each and every case. My other half was actually making an effort to find work when she was on job seekers and she also admitted that she would have made more effort if she wasnt getting money. I have said this from day one, how about scrap giving out money and start giving out a credit system. Money to pay your bills? That be taken direct from the credit system. Food/travel again paid by a credit system, as a result the money you get keeps you going and prevents you from buying fags, drinks, drugs and anything else you dont actually need. Problem is the government is trying to stop people from relying on the benefit system. And sadly people like your self are going to get affected, this is also all aimed at those who refuse to work and purposely have kids to stay at home and live the easy life. Dont know whats worse having kids for the wrong reasons or taking money just to live it easy with their large 40" TVs. I have sympathy for you but you can't hide the fact that people who do work, pay tax and have done for years get shafted day after day while others refuse to work, just have kids to get a large house where people like me struggle to move out.
  13. +1 here. Looked at the bosses new sony laptop - very nice and with Windows 8 I can see what its about but the laptop didnt have touch screen. I straight away plugged in a normal mouse because I hate the touchpads. I got no problem with it, I can see me sticking it on a PC at some point and seeing what I can do with it on domain.
  14. mthomas08

    Snow!

    We had snow that started at 7:50 sharp when I was walking to work, stopped about an hour ago. Was laying pretty well too.
  15. Is the whole benefit system cut still going ahead? otherwise our taxes will be paying for my younger sister to have her 3rd child.... some one who has lost custody of 1 kid, cant look after number 2 and even denied her existance to the new boyfriend, never worked in her life because she refuses to and has been with the new guy for about 3 months. Oh and she got a council house in 2 weeks compared to those real couples who are on a 2 year waiting list...
  16. Strange, not sure then all I know is the code worked for us in a HTML brick and chucked on our main website.
  17. On twitter you should be able to get the html code for it, this will create a widget - we had one on our main website but I recently removed it. There should be a section on twitter when you are signed in to give you the option on creating a twitter feed box, you can also customize the colour etc. Chuck in the HTML block in a page and copy and paste the code - voila all done. You should be able to create a widget for this, a simple page with the html block saved in the widget section should do the trick. Never tried it though on the basis of users adding it.
  18. You after a widget that users can chuck on and use their own twitter? or you after one that sits on a site and shows your Schools twitter account feed?
  19. Another good thing I am glad we stuck to IE, we found all sorts of compatibility problems when using sharepoint on safari/chrome back when we was using sharepoint. Frog is a bit more fussy with compatibility but roll on FrogOS which is built for other browsers
  20. It does use PCs, I am currently working on a virtual terminal services server - this should work in the same principle. Virtual machines should also work as well. As for the external access, I have not attemtped browsing using the IP. Although I hear FrogOS should save/open in a normal way.
  21. Ah, such a shame. Although we have managed to get secure gateway working well for those who prefer to use that way.
  22. Does this work externally as well? just very curious how this has worked. If it works how it looks I might have to implement it here, being able to better open/save is much better this way.
  23. Nibbler linked to the site which showed all the errors Looking at some of those errors though I don't think there is anything I can do minus pass the buck to Frog, all the normal testing we have done though has revealed no issues. Have managed to improve our ratings though, still want it higher!
  24. Hi All Well we are in the process of improving our ratings with Nibbler - take a taste of your website Of course because frog is different to other websites (it uses its own platform) some things are going to have errors e.g Our Calendar. What I am asking though has anyone got any advice on improving the ratings? I have already spent about 3 hours improving ours from a poor 2.1 to 3.7. I am also putting in more metatags, descriptions and better links. Even added our webpage to the facebook page and those kind of things. I am tempted to ask Frog for advice but thought I would try EduGeekers first Thank You
  25. This could go in the common sense thread "Able to install something right way up"!
×
×
  • Create New...