-
Posts
13,543 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Geoff
-
People in the past have had interesting issues with the NED boxes. This thread springs to mind. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/cleo/82140-filtering-issue.html The smoothwall option is a little more costly but vastly more flexible. You basically run everyone through your devolved filtered connection and let smoothwall sort out the filtering. I doubt the youtube request will be the last thing you are asked to unblock and using the NED starts to get a bit unwieldy, not withstanding it's other issues.
-
The obvious option is a smoothwall box.
-
Old PC running Linux will do the job if your on a budget and don't mind getting your hands a bit dirty.
-
Ok I think your multicast imaging is broken. The error message indicates that fog can't access it's database. Are the credentials in the config file ok (look in /opt/fog/service/etc/config.php)?
-
That looks ok to me, you really need to run iostat over an interval. Ideally when the server is running 'slow'. Also you can check the syslog to see if anything obvious was going on at the time it last run slow?
-
Use ifconfig to check if there are any errors reported on the network interface. Use iostat to see if there are any I/O load issues
-
That's a symptom of the TDSS Rootkit. TDL4 – Top Bot - Securelist
-
Oh, pro-tip for high performance MX servers. Use SSDs for the mail spool.
-
In the main.cf you need to add a list of the domains in the 'relay_domains' section so your MTA will accept mail (If this list gets to be long, turn it into a lookup table with postmap). relay_domains=example.com Then you need to route based on the domain of the receiver, this is done in the 'transport' file, in the relay_transport section. So you'd list each domain like this: example.com :[gateway.example.com] .example.com :[gateway.example.com] The square brackets are important, they stop routing loops by preventing MX lookups for when your mail server is the primary MX for the domain (it deliver the mail to itself otherwise). Once you have the above setup you can consider doing virus scanning or whatever. I would be wary of doing it on a Primary/Backup MX mail server though for performance reasons.
-
Linux box running postfix. I have 5 such machines handling several million emails/day (each). Qmail is out of date and slow, Exim is more suited to a user facing system where you need to do stuff based on rules (think Exchange/Outlook mail filters) or aliases, Sendmail is just a complete pita to configure.
-
Currently using Sumatra PDF
-
I gave up inflicting Adobe Reader on 99% of my users long ago. There's plenty of other PDF readers that do a good enough job without the bloat and constant patches.
-
I run a tekkit server, I have posted the details on another forum I frequent.
-
BT used to use these rebranded Fujitsu boxes for leased lines. It is basically an SDSL modem connected to an E1. Totally useless now.
-
Cleared 10man normal vaults on my horde guild. The guild itself is on 3/6 Heroic. I'm not up for that kind of commitment these days! My alliance guild hasn't even considered raiding yet, bit more laid back about the whole situation.
-
I make 10k a day from Engineering pets, Enchants, Blacksmithing PvP/PvE Blues and Inscription Glyphs. Leatherworking and Tailoring are still work in progress for me.
-
You used to be able to trade those in for cashback on a new one.. DRS: News
-
It depends, if you're not using LDAPS then data is sent over the wire in clear text. You are also vulnerable to Man in the Middle attacks. If you don't lock it down on IP ranges then you are also vulnerable to information disclosure via anonymous rootDSE binds and brute force attacks (unfortunately Microsofts LDAP implementation is very efficient so 1000's of brute force password attempts can be serviced every second). You can mitigate the brute force attacks by using lockouts and a strong password policy (but I doubt that'd work so well in your environment) but any successful brute force and your entire AD structure is readable via LDAP. This obviously leads to other avenues of attack on other services relying on your AD authentication (websites, email, terminal services). It's just all round bad news from the get go. If they really really need to access your LDAP you need to make them use a VPN.
- 15 replies
-
- active directory
- externalldap
- (and 3 more)
-
I just got a text from giff gaff about the outage that sent a link to this blog post. Network outage: 12th October - The giffgaff community
-
Yes but there's a cap on valor per week of 1k so you'll hit your valor cap before you run out of week days to do dailies in. Thats also discounting the fact that even if you have the valor to buy stuff you wont rep up fast enough to unlock the items for purchase. As for gold, I play the auction house if it took me as long on the AH to get 1k gold as it does to do those dailies I wouldn't waste my time on it. There's far quicker and easier ways to make more gold on the AH in two hours (easy one if you have a miner/alchemist, farm 60 ghost iron bars and transmute them up to a living steel bar. Easy gold, even more gold can be made if you combine with another professsion).
-
I would suggest this then. Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.11] [V15] Updated GUI!
-
Do not expose an Active Directory LDAP server to the internet.
- 15 replies
-
- active directory
- externalldap
- (and 3 more)
-
You don't have to do all the dailies every day! What is it the Pandaren keep saying as you quest through the zones? "Slow down".
-
Minecraft can be made a lot prettier with a high res texture pack. But OTOH there is something to be said for letting your imagination do the work, but then I do play stuff like Cart Life, Dwarf Fortress and Dungeon Crawl, Stone Soup. There also seems to be a bit of a resurgence of '8-bit' retro style games these days which is cool.
