Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Hightower

Members
  • Posts

    5,005
  • Joined

Everything posted by Hightower

  1. I was talking about Mattx (I know you can take it Mattx )
  2. jackass wants to get a job i reckon
  3. My mam and dad got a little dog from the kennels years ago, and he was at step 0. He wouldn't sit, stay, paw, or anything at first. He used to be terrible for running away too - the amount of times we had to drive around the village looking for him was unreal. Now he's a good dog that obeys some commands, but I think he's always been alpha dog in his head, and still growls if he doesn't want to do something. He's very whiny as well. When we were looking after him I had to calm him down for 10 minutes before leaving for work - otherwise he'd bark all day.
  4. Pretty please?
  5. See the other way I'm seeing this is: 1) I want to move to Peters 2) Peter wants to move to Garys, but can't until I sell mine 3) If Gary is desperate to get his unloaded, he may call in a few favours with this investor friend to try and buy ours to get everything moving. At the end of the day this guy is an investor - but if favours have been called in, who knows what may happen
  6. I have a form similar to this: </pre><form action="" method="post"> </for This form is loaded in a modal box using the script available here: ModalBox — An easy way to create popups and wizards When the user submits the modal box form I want another modal box form to load, sending the data submitted to it. I've changed the form code above to this, in order to load the next modal box on submit. </pre><form action="" method="post"></form>onsubmit="Modalbox.show(PATH_TO_PHP_FILE_TO_LOAD_IN_MODAL_BOX, {title: 'Saving...', width: 400}); return false;"><br><input type="text" name="text"><b This loads the next modal box up fine, but without passing the data from the form. Can anybody help me pass the data? Many thanks, [/code]
  7. Yeah - it was good news when I got the call, but I'm not getting too excited because something probably won't come of this avenue. Easy? I'll pay you to achieve that....
  8. Got a phone call last night: Peter: "Hello, it's Peter" (The guy we're buying our house off). Me: "Hi Peter" Peter: "We've just been speaking to the guy we're buying our house off and he has a mate who is a property investor who is currently looking for property in your area" Me: "Oh right" Peter: "Is it okay if we pass your number onto him?" Me: "Yeah, of course. Don't mind how it sells as long as it sells" So Gary phones up half an hour later (the guy Peter is buying his house from) and asks about our house, just the basics like type of house, bedrooms, asking price etc etc, and says he will pass the information on to his investor mate. Now I don't know what to make of this. It's all very exciting because we might have a buyer for the house soon. Thing is, this lad is an investor and I'm sure that whatever happens it won't be the asking price that is offered - I mean this guys trying to make a living and won't do so by going round giving the asking price. I'm excited about it all, but not trying to get my hopes up because we can only afford to go as far as £4k under the asking price, and I can't see him offering in that region.
  9. Are you keeping tabs Yeah, we both work, but the OH works 20 yards from home so can call home on a dinner to walk him/her. As for after we move, it'll be a bit harder to get home to walk him/her but the garden will be completely secure to have a little dog house outside to leave him/her in whilst at work.
  10. I'll take one of the P4 one's if possible.
  11. Those are a bit too far a field to be honest. I really love the look of the Rottie, but I think he'll be too big for our current house. The other half is talking me into 'waiting' until we move house until we get a dog. I know she talks sense at times so it looks like I'll not be going now until our house goes through..... (which hasn't even begun as nobody has viewed it yet!)
  12. That did it. I ballsed up the upgrade at first lol - deleted the 'lib' folder from /var by mistake so restored from a backup and second time lucky.
  13. Here's the link - StrayAction.com Staffies are nice dogs, but as little-miss says, it's just unfortunate they have the label attached to them now.
  14. Going to the kennels tonight. Been wanting a dog for months now, and decided to re-home a stray dog. Been keeping an eye on the local kennels website to see what strays they have, but all they had recently was a boat load of Staffies - must be charvers deciding beer is more important and giving up their beloved fighting dogs! Anyhow, seen today they have added a 1yr old rottie to the website so gonna try and get round tonight to see it. Excited!
  15. @JamesB: We're just going round in circles now, and my break is over, so I'm going to bow out and let someone else pick up where I left off.
  16. Yes, my uzi is a VERY lethal weapon. But I dare say if you aimed your bow and arrow at my head it could be just as dangerous! You are taking my words completely out of context, and twisting them to tell a different story. I haven't said that bikes shouldn't be on our roads. What I HAVE said is roads are designed for fast travelling vehicles and therefore cycle lanes should be created for cyclists. Whoa - those are very specific examples. Seemed to me you were saying something along the lines of 'all drivers are to blame for all accidents', where as now all you give me is very specific examples where a driver would indeed be to blame. All about risk assessment, yet you started by condoning the use of a cycle when drunk. Seems backwards to me - a bit like "here's your safety rope, attach it around your neck and it will stop you from falling" Yes, if you are extremely drunk I guess you'd fall off before anything serious happened. But if you were mildly drunk and could 'half' balance then you'd be on your way, zig zagging across the road. Never mind though - it'll be the drivers fault whatever happens. It would actually be better if you used reasoning in your argument.
  17. Yes, yes you are!
  18. Those really are extreme views IMO. I haven't got the attitude that cyclists are an inconvenience to drivers. I have the attitude that roads are designed for fast travelling vehicles, and special bike roads (cycle lanes I think you call them) should be provided for cyclists. Your post comes across as though drivers are to blame for all accidents, which I think is completely stupid. As for walking home drunk - it can be dangerous, but in most areas now there are special bridleways (called paths I think) that allow the user a safer journey home. Cyclists can't use paths, and must use the road when special bike roads don't exist - are you seriously saying that if a drunk rider fell or swerved on a road (primarily for cars) and got knocked over it would be the drivers fault?!
  19. OMG! Were you the kid that s*** himself in an exam?!
  20. That's a pretty ignorant view to take IMO. You must be a keen cyclist to be so closed minded. Personally, I find cyclists a hazard on our roads as it is. Add 5 or 6 pints and you have a firework. I'm not saying it is more dangerous than drink driving, but to say that it's not dangerous to ride home after a drink is idiotic.
  21. Yeah, because that's not dangerous at all is it now?!
  22. Getting British Business Online
  23. Isn't that the M$ showcase school for SharePoint? If so, I'm really REALLY not impressed - thought they would have made more effort than that! EDIT: Foot in mouth moment - after a little more digging that obviously isn't their VLE my bad
  24. We're around 1:3 here. About 210 student machines to around 640 pupils.
  25. Otherwise known as 1:2
×
×
  • Create New...