Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Haptic

Members
  • Posts

    4,417
  • Joined

Everything posted by Haptic

  1. Cheers for the feedback Pete and flyinghaggis, this might well explain the lack of uptake on these. I was thinking of enclosures more on the protection against component theft side of things rather than whole PC's going walking (take a dam big rucksack at the very least!). At your sites do you get issues with students swapping/ removing inputs?
  2. Hi all, With the increasing community usage of schools (and students getting increasingly lightfingered in some areas..) i was curious about how people are securing there PC's these days? I used to get involved in designing custom solutions for office furniture manufacturers but was suprised these don't seem that common within education. Just to clarfiy i'm talking enclosures like the below and not just Kensington cable locks: http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/7267/pcsafeuniversaldesktops.jpg Thanks, Mark
  3. Hi Josh, I'd say the age old rule of if price is too good to be true it usually is- certified, guaranteed compatibles are on the whole worth the cost saving but I would avoid like the plague drill and fill remanufactured- rarely guaranteed and usually end up with yourself and your printer covered in a nice shade of cyan! Have a look on the following link where you will find an article I’d written for Accounting Web on the matter- Guide to buying printer consumables One last thing would be that toners are on the whole more reliable than ink cartridges so could be worth sticking with originals for your inkjets and trying compatibles on your lasers. Thanks, Mark
  4. Haptic

    IT crowd

    I only just started watching this recently (I saw Chris O'Dowd in 'FAQ about Time Travel' on Sunday...classic) Since then I've been catching up with some older episodes, Chris Morris appearances are amazing...the man's an absolute legend
  5. I'd agree with TopBanana- Cant beat North Norfolk Coast, a heck of a lot to see and do around Holkham and Wells-next-the-Sea.
  6. In Cornwall I’d recommend Rose Clifton near Newquey- buses etc throughout day and night into town, swimming pool, electric hook ups, not too full of rowdy kids and quite reasonably priced. Cheers, Mark
  7. I couldn't agree more Ravens- I thought the Portuguese and Italians were crazy drivers till I saw the UAE; certainly made for some interesting journeys! I didn't think the traffic was that bad (no worse than say Birmingham at rush hour) but was only there for a week so could be a lot I didn't see. From speaking with some of the staff at the school, they're accommodation was in the region of £20k per year and was expected to be paid upfront, watch yourself though on the postdated cheques- if any bounced for whatever reason your classed as in debt and therefore won’t be allowed out of country and locked down. Was a very interesting place though and good luck to you if you do head out there. Mark
  8. Looks like a wet one for the weekend then...should be good still though. Chris
  9. I have joined...thought you all needed some competition! ha ha Watch out for Shawry's Sluggers...........you heard it here first! Chris
  10. If you are single, wait for spring break in Mexico! ha ha Chris
  11. Personally I have one and think they are great....have had one since the first one came out and haven't upgraded (or downgraded!) to the iPhone 4 but may do in the future. If you are a fruit dodger, then try it as one of your 5 a day! if you are going down this route you have to be looking at the augmented applications that are tied into the compass......genius if you ask me and you will probably have a bit more scope too. The star gazing one and the le beer guide are cracking. Yes, I have spent a little time thinking about this also! Chris
  12. We supply a lot of Acer monitors and have no negative feedback either. Chris
  13. Haptic

    Choice?

    PS3 all the way for me Chris
  14. David Haye/Amir Kahn/Big Frank/Derren Brown all bought! Thanks for making our office/reception area a little more interesting, the very best of luck for your schools expedition. Joe
  15. Good luck David! Chris
  16. Jeez!! Sounds like a curly one, good thing you've escaped unscathed. Good to see it wasnt a Toyota...although being an owner I'm still a tad nervous! Joe
  17. Ours was really expensive, keeps falling down, and it'll make life hard when we replace her - I hereby christen her Heather Joe
  18. No problem - have been using Macs for years so have encountered nearly every problem you can....my favourite being the iron curtain at set up. Now there's one for you! ha Or the disc getting stuck..... Still the best on the market though....just like Marmite hey Chris
  19. Hello, Have you tried holding c when you turn it back on? Chris
  20. Personally I thought Germany were disappointing. Holland all the way for me.....better technically and I think Spain are overated to be honest for the players they have. Always the underdog for me, so I am going with Holland definitely. Great to see a different team be able to win it either way though. Chris
  21. Haptic

    Hi fi

    Hello, I can help out...I will PM you a couple of options and prices that are popular with our customers. Chris
  22. Update- Have purchased the song from Amazon, would have bought a few copies (y'know..in case one didnt work) Sadly quantity was restricted to 1, however we'll be spreading the word for this and the other solid charity efforts being made by members on t'geek
  23. I like what you're trying to achieve with this, we'll do whatever we can to promote it. All the best as you continue towards your goal! Joe
  24. Hello David, More than Happy to Help. I will have a quote over to you asap. Chris
  25. I love them.....absolute classics! I am still waiting for a train that moves like that or at least one that runs on time. Here's to the furture!! ha Chris
×
×
  • Create New...