Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Haptic

Members
  • Posts

    4,417
  • Joined

Everything posted by Haptic

  1. Can't beat a bit of Partridge! have you been watching Coogan in The Trip?
  2. I admire the faith Pooley! I'm not sure we'll do the boks though, got a lot stronger scrum than the aussies and will play 10 man rugby if they have to. Saying that though with the changes in the Welsh pack and if Phillips makes up for last week it could be one heck of a battle up front!
  3. My personal favorite is my "Save a tree... Eat a beaver" shirt, for some reason my veggie friends don't like it, can't quite work it out... Mark
  4. The most insane delivery I received was when I took an order for 48 stack and store plastic boxes....each one arrived in it's own individual box. Made the office look like a superstore for vagrants Joe
  5. Big fan of last exit..... At Glasto I saw a stand that had Tshirts for newborns/toddlers that said "just done 9 months inside" - quality effort Joe
  6. So after a shaky start last week, chance for the home nations to up the ante this weekend- what are peoples predictions? Last week I thought Wales were badly let down by Stephen Jones- if he'd slotted his penalty just before half time would have been a different game. I also would have liked to see Martyn Williams against Pocock as he needed shutting down early on. Finally attacking the Australians wide without any build up to suck in defence was tactical suicide- needed alot more pick and drives at the fringes. As for the England game, only caught a glimpse of the highlights- thought Mealamu was lucky to stay on after the flying head butt but then again Dylan Hartley wasn't exactly innocent with a cheap shot on McCaw. What did others make of it? Mark
  7. Hi TechSupp, I would recommend the 7363 dual band, 2 main reasons; firstly with the 2.4 and 5Ghz radio's your legacy B/G clients will use Band Steering so they will connect on the 2.4Ghz radio with the N clients connecting on the 5Ghz. The 5Ghz spectrum is relatively clean compared to the 2.4Ghz band plus you can use up to 23 non-overlapping channels rather than the 3 available on 2.4ghz. Ultimately this means better throughput, especially with Airtime fairness meaning your N clients aren’t held up by the packet rate of your older devices. As ever cost is a significant factor, the RoI on the 7363 is to my mind superior to the 7962. The only reason I would recommend the 7962 in an educational deployment is if you have a very high density of physical obstacles to the signal; the antenna elements on the 7962 give slightly greater range/ signal penetration. If you'd like me to talk you through any of the other pros a cons drop me a PM and I'll give you a call. Thanks, Mark Ruckus WiSE Guy
  8. i thought you meant the film with Keira Knightley....which was average at best! Joe
  9. Exactly what I meant....thanks for the assist! Joe
  10. You have no idea!!! Seriously though, she's an 8 in my book
  11. I'd court her Joe
  12. Glad it reached you well, I've had instances where I've binned those before opening (often delivery notes inside) Only to find it had something as small as SD card etc inside....fail! Joe
  13. Sainsburys to the rescue, after some posh nosh my Bro and I booted it up.....not disappointed in the slightest. Treyarch have nailed the feel perfectly, sounds are incredible...environs are much more immersive. Single player campaign is slick, nice to see JFK,Fidel and Co. Looking forward to getting into my groove (spent most of last night getting hacked to pieces trying to grasp the maps)
  14. Thanks Si! I was sent details on this today and I think that it would be ideal for a smaller schools, where cost is a factor. It is certainly a lot more cost effective than a Promethean or Smart IWB and although it isn't in the same class as these, it offers a portion of the functionality for a fraction of the cost. After all we pride ourselves on our attempts to stretch the budgets of our clients not simply sell the big, expensive brands. I think it meant fitted to an existing mount....rather than purchasing a new one, which again would save the school money. Chris "You'll like it, but not a lot...magic!"
  15. What is the Genee View It is an interactive whiteboard projector. Just plug it in and present without the need of an actual whiteboard. How does it work A colour camera with I/R filter mounted on the projector allows for interaction with the wand and light pen. What can you do with it Everything you can on an actual interactive whiteboard, write notes, circle key points, type changes, manipulate text, data and images, capture, modify, save or email anything on the screen as an image file, access and browse the internet, move from screen to screen without losing interactivity, capture the audience attention by interacting with the image. Easy to set up and use Simply plug into a computer source, save the software, respond to a straightforward 13 point calibration and you’re ready to interact. Affordability Costs 50% less than traditional interactive whiteboards and ONLY one piece of equipment to purchase. Simplicity No installation necessary. Portable or can be retrofit into existing projector installations. Flexibility No screen necessary. Turn any flat surface into an interactive surface. Allows for large and flexible screen sizes (also available in a short throw, widescreen, and ultra-short throw model). Compatibility Works with virtually all interactive software. Write on the screen, use mouse control, type text from an onscreen keyboard, and save notes and edits for future use. Please contact us on 0845 249 1779 or email us at [email protected] for pricing
  16. Hopefully Sainsbury will bung it out for £25 .I bought MW2 in there after being told by a lovely old dear they'd all sold out (XBOX had, 3 copies for the PS3....ha ha!) I'll be in there tomorrow, with any luck i'll be surrendering the next few months to an online pasting at the hands of some Serbian pre-teens.
  17. Good news indeed....I received my replacement Nexus t'other day (aerial issues)...bring on the update! Joe
  18. Good article (although granularity got a mention 2/3 times...never heard that one) not sure why incentivise made the grade though? I have a pet hate of any Brit uttering the 'step up/step up to the plate' or any other baseball/top ten dance craze movie of the week rubbish. 110% has also irked me hugely, I'm glad there are still enlightened people that grasp percentages! Joe
  19. Hi Cromertech, I have PM'd you. Speak soon. Thanks Adam CP
  20. BUMP - Proving popular.....offer ends on 30th November!
  21. Thanks for all the entries so far people, 24 hours to go so if you're looking at networking kit get in touch before we light the fuse!
  22. BUMP - Is anyone else interested? The list is growing!
  23. Muse - HAARP at wembley + Vfest 2 years back....jaw-dropping QOTSA - Liverpool academy+ Reading...best band in the world. RATM - Reading t'other year...any fans will know why this was ace Jose Gonzalez - only acoustic gig I've been to...loved it Jim Jones Revue - 3 weeks ago in Leicester...great band Speaking of bands (get it?) why has the OP been given the boot? Joe
  24. Haptic

    Portable GPS

    My father actually has one in his company car that he has to have a key for. The idea being, the car won't start/move (cannot remember which) unless he puts in the key and turns it as well as the ignition key. This then links up to a computer in the office which tracks his movements. Full proof.....believe me he has tried! I will ask him at the weekend and get back to you tech_guy. The way they put it to him was, it is in the interest of his safety also that they know where he is.....mmmmm. Chris
  25. I am a big boxing fan as well but........ This is a glorified payoff for Harrison.........I think he will get knocked out in the first three rounds. Harrison has definitely seen better days and lets face it was never that great. I was very surprised as I thought we would actually get to see the fight everyone wants to see Haye vs Klitschko....I think it will be like Mayweather vs Pacquiao and never happen though! Having said all of this.....you know i will be watching! ha Chris
×
×
  • Create New...