bknaggs
Members-
Posts
465 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by bknaggs
-
Is an in place upgrade to 2019 an option? I’ve done it on several 2012R2 servers this summer and not had any problems.
-
Cheers for the replies. I’m glad to hear the RFIDeas ones work well as the price was more than I was expecting. Hopefully something at the cheaper end will do the auto pasting of the card number and not annoy the library too much.
-
At the moment our Library are using ACS ACR122 card readers and a free application call GoTo Tags Windows app to read student card numbers, auto paste them into the search field, auto press enter and then bring up library records. The application is being discontinued and being replaced by a subscription based Desktop app. They are being very secretive regarding pricing so I'm looking for alternatives. Does anyone have any recommendations for a card reader that will do keyboard emulation without any additional software?
-
ICT Technician x2 - Stockport - Closing Date 25/08/23
bknaggs replied to KarlGoddard's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Any guidance on salary? -
There’s a registry key to prevent trying the new Outlook. It gets rid of the toggle completely.
-
what's your home system(s) and what do they do....
bknaggs replied to twin--turbo's topic in General Chat
I’ve also got a Raspberry Pi running Pihole and nothing else. I only set that up because DHCP on the Sky router didn’t work so I needed something else and that seemed the best option. -
I can have a look on Monday for how I’ve done it but from memory it’s a tweaked shortcut
- 5 replies
-
- connect.ini
- multi database
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
When you setup a card reader in Sign In App it asks for the format and Net2 is one of the options. I don't know if this is just so you can add the card ID in a format you already know or if there is any further integration. Their support is pretty quick at responding so it wouldn't hurt to ask if you don't get a response here.
-
[ipad] Guided Access password set on iPad
bknaggs replied to Koldov's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
If you're ever stuck and don't know/can't guess you can also use your MDM to set an App Lock and then remove the App Lock and this will remove the Guided Access password. -
There are Bookmarks files in both of the locations. Can they be copied using GPO? C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default
-
We're about to move from Lightspeed (wouldn't recommend) to JAMF (looks good from the trial I had). I've also used Meraki but their licensing cost was horrendous to move to the paid version and Mosyle free version which is OK and will do most things without you needing to pay for it.
-
There was a blog post saying having the Exchange 2019 management tools installed was now enough to keep powershell management available and any full Exchange servers could be switched off but not uninstalled. I’ll see if I can find it.
-
Has anyone any experience with Idoceo? One of the teachers here has got around 2.5GB of data in Idoceo on their iPad and is having problems doing backups - to either OneDrive or using WebDAV to a Foldr server. I'm not a teacher so don't have the data to start populating Idoceo but a backup job for me completes successfully and pretty much instantly. I'm working on the principle that there is too much data being backed up for it to work but don't know where to start in thinning out the data or trying anything to get the full dataset to backup. Anyone else seen this with Idoceo?
-
Problems uploading a legacy VPP token to MDM
bknaggs replied to bknaggs's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
An update to this. Whatever was causing the problem is now fixed. I've been able to upload legacy tokens today and activate them in Lightspeed absolutely fine. Obviously there has been no contact back from Apple or Lightspeed to tell me it should be working. -
Smoothwall Source Exceptions- Groups?
bknaggs replied to blu4's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I think you can do a range so your Raspberry Pis could be in the list as x.x.x.1-x.x.x.10 and your Home Assistant Devices could be x.x.x.11-x.x.x.20 etc Hover of the Search/Add Entries box and a popup should show you what can be entered. -
Rogue DHCP server somewhere on your network? Admittedly only configured enough to set this one IP address. When it loses .34 and gets .36 does .34 ping or otherwise show signs of life?
-
Migration between Exchange servers is pretty good. Once a mailbox is migrated the user will get a message to close and re open Outlook and that's all they should see.
-
Problems uploading a legacy VPP token to MDM
bknaggs replied to bknaggs's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Interesting. Thanks. In my case Lightspeed are blaming Apple and Apple are just stopping short of blaming Lightspeed - even though it is happens in Lightspeed and Mosyle. -
Problems uploading a legacy VPP token to MDM
bknaggs replied to bknaggs's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Back in the days when apps were bought from https:// volume.itunes.apple.com/gb/store rather than directly in Apple School Manager the licenses belonged to the user who logged in and bought them. There is a process in School Manager to invite legacy VPP accounts into the new organisation. If one of the legacy VPP accounts then logs into School Manager and goes to Preferences / Payments and Billing they see an option to Download legacy library token as well as the Content Tokens applying to locations setup in School Manager. In the MDM this token is uploaded in exactly the same way as the Content Tokens but for me at the moment my legacy token uploads with an error whereas my newer Content Token uploaded and renewed absolutely fine. -
Anyone else still using a Legacy VPP token in their MDM? When I've come to renew mine recently I get an error in Lightspeed saying it's not a valid token and Mosyle gives a different error but the outcome is the token isn't accepted. I'm currently going back and forth with Apple who I don't think fully understand what I'm trying to do yet. I just wondered if anyone else has successfully updated a Legacy token recently.
-
I've a need to reinstall my Smoothwall S8 (dual 2.5" disks accessible from the front) so thought I'd run through the process on my old S8 (blue, dual 3.5" disks only accessible by taking the case off). Using Rufus to create a bootable USB I can successfully install Leeds 44 from SmoothGuard1000-UTM-amd64-SP19.iso but if I try and use the same USB with Leeds 65 - SmoothGuard1000-UTM-amd64-SP25.iso I get a message saying it is unable to create the UEFI boot filesystem. Is this a compatibility problem between the latest ISO and the older S8? I've installed it successfully on an old PC I had in the office so I'm happy the USB is working and it looks like the download is OK.
-
[ipad] Apple iOS 16.4.1 (a) Rapid Security Response Release
bknaggs replied to Koldov's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Apple Configurator also doesn't see it as an available update (yet?) -
HDMI connected projectors - No Signal
bknaggs replied to petben's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
We've had exactly the same issue here and the problem turned out to be if the PPT was put into full screen/present mode before the screen was turned on then if Freeze was selected on the screen remote or the presentation finished and came out of full screen/present mode the signal was cut to the screen on the wall. If the PPt isn't made full screen before the screen is switched on there is no problem.
