Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Primus

Members
  • Posts

    2,232
  • Joined

Everything posted by Primus

  1. Ironically their advert on Edugeek states they have the "most advanced web filters available" and "DfE compliant web filtering"...
  2. I haven't actually said whether I am or I'm not a customer. I have however pointed out that in this thread I was pointing out that schools who follow SB's advice will not be Prevent compliant which is a big problem. I have also pointed out this company make vast sums of money from the public purse by offering a poor service and they are a forum sponsor yet they frequently have major issues.
  3. Constant moaning? Before today the last time I commented on a SB related thread was February 11th?!
  4. Sorry I didn't realise I needed your permission to comment or that all my comments had to be positive even in the face of yet another howler from SB. Whether I am a customer or I am not a customer of SB is really neither here nor there - we have a forum sponsor who lurches from problem to problem making huge sums of money out of the public purse. If there weren't any problems then I'd have nothing to say about them would I? The fact that they couldn't run a knees up in a brewery is not my fault. I was also pointing out that a school using this product may be failing in the execution of their statutory duties - something incredibly serious.
  5. Sorry, you are of course correct!
  6. A nice prevent compliant solution being provided by SchoolsBroadband then - good job! You couldn't make it up - their name is Schools Broadband yet their solution doesn't meet the requirements that schools have to meet under their statutory duties - they literally market themselves solely to schools with a solution that is clearly unfit for schools.
  7. @jamesleonard might be able to help.
  8. Unless things have changed you can use dual delivery where all mail goes to both G Suite and then onto your legacy system.
  9. This thread might be relevant: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/data-protection-information-handling/189186-g-suite-gdpr-new-data-processing-agreement-google.html In short no plans to change anything, G Suite is GDPR compliant.
  10. Creative Cloud education licensing is circa £22 per machine per year with a minimum buy of 25 for the full Creative Cloud suite.
  11. Yes and it does work - without the key it just chooses the first available letter and it's inconsistent and breaks things. With the key it's perfect.
  12. See here for setting the drive letter - we use it and it's working perfectly.
  13. Have you created and deployed a profile to them in LightSpeed? Settings > Apple DEP > Build Enrollment Profile then Profile List and deploy to them.
  14. Agreed School ICTS are amazing!
  15. Seems unlikely since VGA doesn't carry sound.
  16. Chromebooks working just fine isn't what I've heard since your replacement doesn't support single sign on for Chromebooks you've asked schools to either have them all on a default filtering profile which is a major issue for safeguarding since you can't assign browsing history to a single student as you need to or they have to subsequently log in again - this is not my definition of "just fine".
  17. It's impressive that the new solution from SB to resolve the issues with LightSpeed has all the functionality of LightSpeed...
  18. Tellings lies Lightspeed are..... as SB suffers another critical outage...
  19. Agreed let's see their facts, they won't hold up to scrutiny and something very odd is going on here with posters who see SB can do no wrong despite their huge issues.
  20. NetSupport Notify.
  21. The large US school districts seem to do ok with their Lightspeed filtering for huge numbers of schools so it can work in the right environment.
  22. @synaesthesia I know what you mean but if you see it from Lightspeed's POV - people are their customers, albeit through a reseller and that reseller is bad mouthing their product quite publicly. Lightspeed are huge in this space, particularly in the US so they're not going to be happy about a UK schools ISP doing this.
  23. It's odd - Fortinet said similar things less publicly a while ago about issues SB customers were having that Fortinet said an update fixed but SB weren't wanting to deploy. Then we had Microsoft updates crippling the network. Now we have a massive international company like Lightspeed feeling they have to set the record straight and once again they're blaming SB not allowing updates to occur. What's also odd is how certain people seem so willing to believe SB but disbelieve Lightspeed.
×
×
  • Create New...