Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Primus

Members
  • Posts

    2,232
  • Joined

Everything posted by Primus

  1. They missed questions from here which is annoying given that it was an Edugeek event and they talked about a name alias but I cannot find that setting so short of changing firstname to Mr you can't alter staff names to sensible ones for Classroom.
  2. When will classroom allow teachers to define a different name to their account's name - eg. Mr Smith instead of John Smith?
  3. I had loads of problems with the Sky router and port forwarding - sometimes it would work, sometimes it would spontaneously stop working. In the end since I had the OpenReach FTTC modem I was able to easily ditch it and replace it with my Apple AirPort Extreme which has been flawless for about a year or so now.
  4. This is the method I have used and it works perfectly: Gmail sending routing- Stopping your learners from emailing spam to your groups | realsmart support community
  5. Yeah the restriction hasn't been implemented very well at iOS level, it should simply force Bluetooth on and disallow turning it off rather than disabling bluetooth control for pairing etc.
  6. It is apparently a legacy issue dating back a long time to when an external contractor was hired to manage the installation of all the school networks. They haven't done anything about fixing it however. In fact they have moved schools into new buildings with completely new equipment and brought over the legacy issue of public IPs being used inappropriately. They're using ranges that are owned by others.
  7. Yes, the schools associated with the Newcastle Council Managed IT Service all have public IPs being used inappropriately internally.
  8. @SchoolsBroadband how is what I've said sweeping or incorrect - some of your customers have had severe, repeated and frequent issues for an extended period of time and have already mentioned on this very thread they're looking into legal options to extricate themselves from their contract with SB. You don't seem to care that much about the customers with these problems - all we're hearing from you right now is how many happy customers you have. But what are you doing to seriously address the huge failings in service for those customers who have and continued to be affected by a myriad of issues?
  9. To be honest it's pointless, after the recent debacles there's no way I'd consider SB for anything in the future. I'm also not sure you're getting just how many problems some of your customers have had - their service has been shocking and continues to be. None of the stuff in the background matters or the many happy customers if you've got customers with so many issues as those posting on here have!
  10. None of that matters if your service is up and down like a jack in the box. There's clearly some fundamental problems if you're experiencing so many many issues! When I said whack-a-mole I meant no disrespect other than it's fix one problem and another appears.
  11. Schools Broadband seem to have had so many different issues, it's becoming a bit of a joke, they've got a whack-a-mole situation and their customers are really suffering. I wonder which school will be the first to push a breach of contract legal action?
  12. We've got it - I sent out the survey and I know some staff completed it. It seems hit and miss as to whether team drive appears in the iOS app at the moment.
  13. Erm....... I was being *sarcastic*
  14. Glad to see Schools Broadband have got everything working now and all their customers are happy...
  15. I'd say you need to be careful now, since IPv4 address exhaustion became a thing, some IP blocks have been re-used and you can't trust the IPs are actually assigned to those regions anymore.
  16. As for it being a really new patch, they've been talking about it on here for a couple of weeks at least.
  17. @nathan if they had test hardware they wouldn't be saying they can't roll out the firmware upgrade/patch for fear it will break things. They would have, you know, tested it and found out?!
  18. Perhaps because it's clear they haven't got a clue what's going on. If you look back you were complaining in May that it had been great up until the last few months. So it's been bad since what - February/March? In all that time they haven't managed to get it stable for a lot of people. It's gross incompetence. Their posts on here make it quite clear what's going on. You also have no idea whether I do or do not have colleagues in schools where SB provide connectivity who are telling or showing me what emails have been sent out. In short you appear to now be close to defending the indefensible. Schools pay an awful lot of money for their connectivity, it's vital and this protracted issue is appalling.
  19. Oh and no, aside from a brief spell during my uni summer holidays when I worked for NTL in their consumer division, I have never worked for a competitor of Schools Broadband! Read my posting history, it's obvious I'm not working for a competitor!
  20. He's talking to me I presume FN-GM. No offence nathan but why are you defending Schools Broadband so vociferously? They have said on here on several occasions over these issues that a firmware update is pending but they don't want to install it yet as it may cause further issues. If they can't deliver on their promises then they should do the honourable thing. I'm not invested, I just hate to see other schools and colleagues placed in such a position by gross incompetence of a supplier.
  21. I like how they've been talking about the availability of a firmware upgrade that *might* resolve this issue for sometime now but don't want to install it in case it makes the situation worse - how much worse could it possibly be?! Also that a major company like this don't have any test platforms to test said firmware upgrade on seems pretty poor. If you really wanted to do the right thing while you fixed your gigantic problems you'd let schools leave their contracts without penalty. Otherwise your reputation is taking a further hammering and I would never ever deal with your company or anyone related to your company as a result of this hugely negative, damaging and repeated publicity.
  22. Looking good for Schools Broadband again.....good job guys!
  23. So this faulty hardware isn't good enough for new customers but it is for customers already locked into long term agreements?!
  24. Perhaps you should concentrate your efforts on fixing the issues before you take on even *more* customers?
  25. I wonder how many will be put off by your well publicised and ongoing recent connectivity issues?!
×
×
  • Create New...