Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Primus

Members
  • Posts

    2,232
  • Joined

Everything posted by Primus

  1. They don’t then store passwords in cleartext!
  2. So ignoring the fairly major security concerns with doing this?
  3. Performance seems ok-ish to Google Drive - we have a gig symmetrical fibre link and it seems to run at between 300 & 400mb/s - it takes the best part of a week to upload and I only upload each weekly synthetic from Veeam not any of the daily backups. Our full backup is around 7.5Tb but it's split into individual files per VM by Veeam.
  4. They'd be in breach of their contract with you if they started accessing data in your Veeam backups. Yes you can encrypt the Veeam backup itself but that does mean quite a performance hit.
  5. Google Drive is encrypted in transit and at rest and the accounts all require MFA.
  6. Veeam backs up and then we move the Veeam files into Google Drive using Cloudberry.
  7. Do you tell students (presumably you don't do this for staff)? This is a very major step in breaking what should be a secure system.
  8. Yeah we've got over 200Tb currently in Google Drive on the backup account alone.
  9. We never got to the bottom of this - some machines it was working, some wouldn't. We had to go back to an image we had from a week or two back and that's worked so no clue what was causing this as the difference between the two images was very very minimal.
  10. I'm looking at antivirus but they all have the same and some work (granted only a small number).
  11. No errors sadly.
  12. I can look - specifically where?
  13. Tried that - sadly no dice.
  14. Yeah both are right - like I say there's no difference between PCs that work and PCs that don't.
  15. Hi all, following our upgrade to Windows 10 we're seeing lots of errors on clients - most client PCs cannot login and get error 7326-5979-8000 which I cannot find on Capita's website. A few PCs can log in and there's no discernible difference between them and those that can't. Anyone seen this error before or have any ideas? Full error output below. 7326-5979-8000 Parameter is not valid. at SIMS.UserInterfaces.MainContainer..ctor(ParameterlessDelegate splashScreenClose, String autoStartMenuItemPath) at SIMS.UserInterfaces.DefaultEntryPoint.Main(String[] commandLineArguments) Pulsar -2147024809
  16. Are you saying the external recipient warning didn't catch this particular email?
  17. To be honest we deployed this without any drama - we already had the recommended Google addresses whitelisted and set to not SSL intercept on the Smoothwall and I set the registry key to not care about the cert. It just worked.
  18. Just as a heads up - since AutoDesk use the MAC address of the server we found sometimes Hyper-V can change the MAC unless you set it to a static instead of dynamic. Then this breaks your activation server.
  19. As someone who knows NCC and their interesting network I'd not be using them as an example - more of an example of what not to do! I'd also say plugging it as the de facto standard in NCC schools is massively stretching the truth at this point...
  20. I'm getting the AP-AC-Pro which is the AP built in to the AP-AC-EDU for £88 per unit in bulk. So the speaker is a considerable additional expense on top given the pricing quoted on here.
  21. Having never managed a CC4 domain I'm not able to compare, but I will say that once SCCM is installed it's actually more straightforward to use than you might think.
  22. Follow up - got it working - following this: https://www.vacuumbreather.com/index.php/blog/item/69-windows-10-1803-built-in-apps-what-to-keep Use Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage and not Remove-AppxPackage Any existing local profile will need removing before this then takes effect for those users.
  23. We're having the exact same issue - haven't found a solution yet
  24. I'm jinxing things massively but our SAN is 5 and we've not had a single drive fail. 24 drives in total. Just extended the warranty for another 2 years!
  25. @fiza looking at this myself but finding it impossible to get through to anyone at Canon - which company were you referred to please?
×
×
  • Create New...