Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

jaminben

Members
  • Posts

    640
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jaminben

  1. Thanks, Using IE & Chrome... its also added to the trusted zone. Thanks, Done that. Thanks, I'm going to http://192.168.110.6/moodle/login/ Thanks, Done that. Thanks, NTLM is on and working... manual login. Its not working... been trying to get it working for awhile now and I'm at the end of the road. I don't see how I can check to see what part isn't working (logging). EDIT Just double checking: My trusted sites address is http://192.168.110.6 I guess this is correct?
  2. So I've been trying to setup Moodle with SSO and followed all the instructions I can find but its not happening for me so need to ask for some help.... please. What I'm running: AD Users - Windows Server 2012 Moodle Server - Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 Moodle Version - Moodle 2.5.4 Testing with Browser - IE 11 & Chrome Instructions from - NTLM authentication - MoodleDocs (Using the NTLM part of Samba for Apache on Linux) NTLM Authentication is working Moodle Server is joined to the domain and running 'wbinfo -u' or 'wbinfo -g' returns results as expected Has anyone who has this working got any advice or tips? Thanks Ben
  3. Hi all, We're trying to setup NAP for our BYOD system but struggling to get it working as we thought it should and could do with some advice. We currently have it working with just the basic settings... for example, if we turn off the firewall on a client machine that machine will then have restricted access to the network (they get an incorrect ip address and subnet mask) but they can still see into domain shares and this is what we want to stop. Anyone got any advice or can suggest a good tutorial that will allow us to prevent access to our network (shares) if the client doesn't meet our compliance restrictions (basically a non domain client). Thanks Ben
  4. Cool, that appears to have worked Many Thanks Ben
  5. Do you mean something like this: ${roaming_app_data}\Google\Chrome\User Data As this is what we tried to start with but it didn't appear to work. Thanks
  6. Sorry for resurrecting an old-ish thread. We have this exact issue... does anyone have a solution for this? We've also noticed on the odd occasion that Chrome will not launch for a user even when they are not logged in on another machine. We've tried setting the user profile path to a mapped drive (not a UNC path) & ${roaming_app_data}. Thanks Ben
  7. Hi, We've been running SCCM 2012 with End Point Protection since the summer and have started to notice that some of the clients (5-10%) won't update their definitions while others work fine. If we try to force an update using the configuration manager console nothing happens, trying to update on one of the clients manual just results in the update hanging. Anyone else seen this happen and know how to fix it? Thanks Ben EDIT If I look in 'C:\Windows\ccmcache\' on a machine which isn't showing as updated I can see it does infact have the latest definitions but its not applying them.
  8. Hi, I probably already know the answer to this question but just to make sure I thought I'd ask anyway.... Is it possible to integrate Facility with Moodle 2.6? I've been playing with Facility To Moodle 2 but not having much luck (I guess its because its for Moodle 2.5). Thanks Ben
  9. Your missing a curly brace at the end.... } and you would also need to remove or specify your Out-File Nice piece of code though $users = Search-ADAccount -searchbase "OU=Delete users,DC=YourDomain,DC=AC,DC=UK" | ForEach-Object {get-aduser $_.samaccountname -Properties * | select samaccountname, HomeDirectory, profilepath} $users | ForEach-Object { remove-item $_.homeDirectory -recurse -force ## delete home directory from server remove-item $_.profilepath -recurse -force ## delete profile folder from server, delete line if not needed Remove-ADUser -Identity $_.samaccountname -Confirm:$false ## delete user account from AD } EDIT I couldn't actually get the above to work correctly so changed it around a bit... I've added some on screen logging so you can see what its going to do first then you can try it at your own risk (I've not tested it fully). $users = Get-ADUser -Filter "*" -SearchBase "OU=SomeOU,OU=SomeOtherOU,DC=jaminben,DC=local" -Properties samaccountname, HomeDirectory, profilepath $users | ForEach-Object { #delete user account from AD #Remove-ADUser -Identity $_.samaccountname -Confirm:$false <--- Uncomment if needed Write-Host 'SamAccountName: '$_.samaccountname #delete home directory from server #remove-item $_.homeDirectory -recurse -force <--- Uncomment if needed Write-Host 'Home Directory: '$_.homeDirectory #delete profile folder from server, delete line if not needed #remove-item $_.profilepath -recurse -force <--- Uncomment if needed Write-Host 'Profile Path: '$_.profilepath `n } Write-Host `n`n'Press any key to close...' $host.UI.RawUI.ReadKey("NoEcho,IncludeKeyDown")
  10. PS4 isn't too bad with price and I think I'd struggle to build a PC which was as good.... plus there's less hassle.
  11. How about PS4 or Xbox One.... just over a month to go till release.
  12. Your best bet is to do what 'TheScarfedOne' suggested and look at the logs on the machine that fails using F8.... you'll find lots of useful details in the logs.
  13. Ok, thanks for all the help everyone... I got it working eventually using Arthur's method as that's what I was slightly familiar with
  14. Thanks for the reply but could you be more specific as I don't seem to be able to find how to do a file supersede. I can see application supersede which I guess will replace the whole application with a newer version but I only need to replace a few files within the deployed application. Many Thanks
  15. Hi, We're deploying software via SCCM 2012 which works just fine but we now need a way to patch a couple of programs (the patch just overwrites a few files). What I'd like to be able to do is somehow link the two together so it would install the initial program first and then patch it afterwards. Anyway to do this with SCCM? Thanks Ben
  16. Thanks for this guys.... works very well Only issue I had was the name for anyone else that's interested.... dpinst.exe /q /se /sw /f
  17. This will probably not help you in any way but when I was trying to install CS3 (yes I know its really old) I had to run it in Windows XP Compatibility Mode with our MDT. Adobe also have a couple of logs you can look through which get created during the install process. EDIT: I would also 'Pause' MDT during the build so you can see whats going on then disable the pause once you're done with your dummy run.
  18. Doesn't 2012 offer that feature now? Think I read somewhere that it can be uninstalled.
  19. Just throwing out an idea here... My URL is: [url="http://server2008/application_form/xx.php?myDate=2013-05-06"]http://someaddress/application_form/xx.php?myDate=2013-05-06[/url] My php code is like: require 'php/phpConnection.php'; $date = $_GET['myDate']; $sqlString = "SELECT ID FROM `supportstaff_section1_b` WHERE DateBirth = '$date'"; $sqlQuery = mysql_query($sqlString); $appliationsRows = array(); while ($r = mysql_fetch_assoc($sqlQuery)){ $appliationsRows[] = $r; } mysql_close($con); print json_encode($appliationsRows); I know its not exactly what your after but it works. $_GET gets the value of the variable from the url. $_POST handles values from the html . EDIT My bad... your using a form.. you can ignore this.
  20. Not sure if I remember correctly but try something like: $date = $_POST['dbDate'];[font=Verdana] [/font][color=#333333]$selecteddate = [/color]STR_TO_DATE('$[font=Verdana]date[/font]', '%Y-%m-%d');
  21. Not sure whats happened yet but its just started to work.... all I've done is create a new basic TS and schedule a deployment. Oh well, happy days.
  22. I've tried both (Only Configuration Manager Clients/Configuration Manager Clients, Media & PXE)... the TS works fine as a PXE deployment and it also works fine if I manually 'Re-install' it via the client console. I've also tried creating a new TS... both an MDT and an SCCM version. Obviously I'm doing something wrong but I can't work out what. Edit Yes its required.
  23. Hi, I'm trying to deploy an image with SCCM 2012 and schedule it to occur at a specific time but nothings happening. I create my deployment with the settings: Purpose: Required Send WOL Packets: Checked Assignment Schedule: As Soon As Possible Rerun Behavior: Rerun if failed previous attempt The rest is set to default and its inside my maintance window. The client machine wakes up fine and boots into windows but then does nothing. If I look at the Configuration Manager client on the target machine it shows the deployment as 'Installed' and I have an option to reinstall which if I click will then start the OSD. I do have my PXE boot password enabled but I don't think that matters as when I use the reinstall from above I don't need to enter a password. Other scheduled installs of software work ok. Anyone have any ideas or a good tutorial you can point me too? Thanks Ben
  24. We're currently using MDT to create images and SCCM 2012 to deploy... targeting drivers to specific machines via WMI queries. Folder structure: OS > Manufacturer > Model > OS Architecture > Driver
×
×
  • Create New...