-
Posts
640 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by jaminben
-
Hi, Does anyone else have any issues with client cache not clearing when new deployments become available? My understanding was that content would remain in the client cache folder for 24 hours and then it would become removable if a new deployment needed the space unless persist was selected. I've been trying to deploy new software but it keeps failing due to their not being enough space in the cache folder... the cache size is big enough for the deployment. Thanks Ben
-
Thanks for the replys. Never used DISM but will take a look.
-
Ok, Thanks
-
Do you all run your VM hosts on non domain servers or run them on the domain except for the DC's?
-
[acs] Progresso in the News - lets hope for good reasons!
jaminben replied to GREED's topic in MIS Systems
Because I'm an evil git I reported both clips as misleading and mass advertising. -
[acs] Progresso in the News - lets hope for good reasons!
jaminben replied to GREED's topic in MIS Systems
Shame they can't migrate existing customers successfully. Edit Actually that doesn't look like ITN News to me... did they pay her to make a promotional clip that looks like the news? -
@FN-GM how do you create a default profile? Not seen this before. Edit No matter... I see what you mean now.
-
Hey, I'm creating a new .wim ready for deployment and noticed that due to all the updates for Windows 7 its bloating out from 5.5Gb to almost 8Gb. If I look in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download I have 2.5Gb's worth of data... is it ok to delete these files? or should sysprep remove them during an MDT capture process? Thanks Ben
-
Yay... its working. Not sure which one made it work (client push or task sequence) as I have both enabled but its working. Thanks for everyones help EDIT Just as a point of reference it was the client push properties that did it for me... attached screenshot.
-
What about not using the script method and setting the properties in the client push or task sequence?
-
I was specifically asking about client push settings but I guess a script will do the samething. That's exactly what I'm doing it for now.... DAMN Adobe's crappy software.
-
@FN-GM I'm guessing when you goto your client machine and check on the CacheSize its set to the new value?
-
Ok, Thanks I'll try those settings in our client push. I didn't use the default package IIRC because it was using the older SP1 client and not the updated R2 version.
-
Thanks for the reply... I created the package when we upgraded from SP1 to R2 which I guess is why its named update. It all works apart from setting the cache size but we've never been able to set it. What do you have in your client push settings? Attached a screenshot of ours.... I've also added in SMSCACHESIZE=10240 but not sure of the correct format. SMSSITECODE=RHS,SMSCACHESIZE=10240 or SMSSITECODE=RHS SMSCACHESIZE=10240
-
Hi, I'm trying to set our Cache size to 10240 by default when the SCCM client gets pushed to newly imaged computers but not having any luck.... how are you guys doing it? Attached a screenshot of where I'm applying the setting, although I do remember seeing it set elsewhere on some other site. Thanks Ben
-
Ok, thanks for that.
-
Anyone got a Toshiba WT8-A-105 and managed to PXE boot the device using a USB > CAT5 adaptor? The only option I can see in the bios is USB booting.
-
@Arthur Thanks for those... we phoned Smoothwall and got sorted in 5 mins.
-
We're still having issues getting ours through the Smoothwall... We can put our Google username/password and it goes off and then returns a "Network is not available" error but if we put the incorrect password in then Google returns that we entered an incorrect password. So it goes off ok but then won't allow the Chrome book to get any further than the sign-in page. We've entered the below into an authentication exception: [color=#333333]gstatic.com/generate_204[/color] [color=#444444][font=Helvetica Neue]accounts.google.com [/font][/color][color=#444444][font=Helvetica Neue]clients3.google.com [/font][/color][color=#444444][font=inherit]talk.google.com [/font][/color][color=#444444][font=inherit]drive.google.com [/font][/color][color=#444444][font=inherit]googleapis.com [/font][/color][color=#444444][font=inherit]ssl.gstatic.com [/font][/color][color=#444444][font=inherit]docs.google.com [/font][/color][color=#444444][font=inherit]drive.google.com [/font][/color][color=#444444][font=inherit]googleusercontent.com[/font][/color][color=#444444][font=inherit] [/font][/color] Anyone got any ideas?
-
Virtualbox + image for programming classes
jaminben replied to mwbutler's topic in How do you do....it?
Great thread... many thanks to all those involved However (theirs always a 'however') I'm seeing the same issue as others where I can right click on the task bar and select the 'Oracle VM Virtualbox.exe' to gain access to some settings. I've tried using vboxsdl but it doesn't appear to work. Also where are you all allowing the students to save their work? Thanks Ben -
I'll help... I got some better healing spells now.
-
Did you ever get anywhere with this?
-
@Sunnyknight Hmmm 130k Gold... can I get a Wonga Loan from you?
-
Just let me know when... we'll probably need 2 or 3 more to be able to do it though.
