-
Posts
640 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by jaminben
-
Ok, thanks for that... we'll take a look at HTTPs inspection as we can't block sites.google.com (its used by students/staff).
-
So I gave into the temptation and decided to buy this for the XB1 (£44 Simply Games).... got nothing much else to play at the moment.
-
We have a Custom Category Group called 'Google Drive' which contains: google.com ssl.gstatic.com googleapis.com googleusercontent.com Is this wrong or not recommended? How do we inspect and decrypt secure traffic which I then guess would allow us to stop sites like 'newstudyhall'.
-
Can you explain what you mean by SmartCache site? We allow our students to use google.sites.
-
Should have said we're using Smoothwall.
-
Hi, Anyone managed to block: sites.google.com/site/newstudyhall/games We've added it to our block list but its still getting through... I guess because we allow Google. Thanks Ben
-
I use SCCM to update the image every other month or so... not had any issues with it recently but it has killed one of our images in the past.
-
Ah, that would just be my luck... it just allowed me to sign up as well
-
Thanks for the info.... I'll give it whirl tonight on mine and see what it like. I was putting it off until I had bought a new card but I guess I don't need to now
-
Was just suggesting an alternative
-
I personally never had much luck using SCCM to capture an image but found MDT to be a much better solution and once the image is built I simply copy it over to the SCCM server. MDT uses the same principles as SCCM (task sequences etc so shouldn't be too hard to set up). Just an alternative....
-
Thanks for the info.... saved me wasting my money as this was one that I was going to buy. I guess I'll just get TitanFall instead although I'm not all that pumped for it.
- 812 replies
-
- gaming
- gaming news
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
This probably isn't going to be much help to you but I did have success when using a package and .bat file to remove Sophos with SCCM so it does work. IIRC all I did was to add the .bat file to the command line field in the package program and made sure 'Program can run: Whether or not a user is logged on' was selected. Apart from that I don't think there was anything special about it. EDIT To obtain the list of computers I ran a report from SCCM looking for sophos.exe (or something similar) and used a find and replace to create the query in notepad++. The query I used was a simple: select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.Name = "ComputerName" or SMS_R_System.Name = "ComputerName" or SMS_R_System.Name = "ComputerName" or SMS_R_System.Name = "ComputerName" EDIT 2 Actually I just made a better query which finds chrome.exe but you could swap it out for sophos.exe or something similar: select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile on SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.FileName = "chrome.exe"
-
Who knows what was missing from the car of that age before the accident.
-
I'd take what ever you can carry.... including the tax disc.
-
Moodle 2 and the CMIS intergration block
jaminben replied to robk's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Thanks Greed.... Anyone else using ZiLink as it looks the better deal to us at the moment. Anyone had any issues with it? Many Thanks Ben -
Moodle 2 and the CMIS intergration block
jaminben replied to robk's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Ok... thanks for taking the time to reply -
Moodle 2 and the CMIS intergration block
jaminben replied to robk's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
I haven't tried it with 2.6 yet.... I was just going by the working versions. We're setting up our first Moodle system (Moodle & Linix noob) so will stick with 2.5 to start with and if that goes ok then I think we'll try out 2.6 to see if that works. Thanks -
Moodle 2 and the CMIS intergration block
jaminben replied to robk's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Hi, Is their any chance this will be updated to Moodle 2.6? Also does anyone have this working successfully where Moodle is installed on an Ubuntu server in a Windows domain? Thanks -
Fixed it.... I had the wrong subnet set for NTLM SSO, it should have been 192.168.100.0/28 Happy feeling for a Friday afternoon
-
Thanks for the reply, I have User Lookup Settings > User Attribute > samAccountName
-
Still can't get this to work... can anyone spot any issues with my settings below? Moodle NTLM SSO: Enable: yes Subnet: 255.255.255.0/24 MS IE fast Path: No Authentication Type: NTLM Remote username format: %domain%\%username% When running wbinfo -u I return usernames in the following format: RHSC\username1 RHSC\username2 My apache2.conf file is located @ /etc/apache2/ and I've added the following lines at the bottom of the file: LoadModule auth_ntlm_winbind_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_auth_ntlm_winbind.so NTLMAuth on AuthType NTLM AuthName "Moodle NTLM Authentication" NTLMAuthHelper "/usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp" NTLMBasicAuthoritative on require valid-user The mod_auth_ntlm_winbind.so is located @ /usr/lib/apache2/modules/ The ntlmsso_magic.php is located @ /var/www/moodle/auth/ldap/ I can't find anywhere which will allow debugging apart from the apache2.log. Anyone got any thoughts or anything else I can check? Thanks Ben
-
Recommended Meru Wireless Provider\Installer - Norfolk
jaminben replied to jaminben's topic in Wireless Networks
Thanks for the reply. Part of the school is already Meru and we wanted to continue with the same system throughout. We also wanted to have failover which we could achieve if we continue with Meru.... oddly enough we were told by another supplier that Ruckus could do failover with Meru AP's but we're not too sure about that. -
Good afternoon all, I wonder if anybody can recommend a Meru wireless provider\installer in the East of England area. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Ben
