-
Posts
640 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by jaminben
-
Hi, So I've created my Windows 8.1 image which contains update 1 (downloaded this week) using MDT 2013 and allowed its task sequence to apply all updates but do I still need to apply KB2887595 - Update rollup for Windows 8.1? I've manually looked through the finalised image at all the installed updates and don't see any reference to any of the KB's that KB2887596 includes. We will be running a mixed environment under 2012 R2. Thanks Ben
-
I would either get that person to sign something and if they refuse send it up the management chain. Oddly enough no... the tester just has to be a 'Competent Person'. You may consider yourself to be 'Competent'.
-
You insist they bring them into school to carry out a formal visual inspection.
-
There is no legal requirement but there are regulations which require you to carry out maintenance. Not complying with the regulations can result in fines and/or imprisonment. As an employer you must ensure all equipment is in good working order and safe to use. Health and Safety at Work Act of 1974 The Electricity at Work Regulations of 1989 The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations of 1998 The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations of 1999
-
Check this .pdf out from the HSE, it has a chart near the bottom if you don't fancy reading it all.
-
[android] How to buy the OnePlus One???
jaminben replied to abillybob's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Still no one with one of these bad boys? -
I think your over complicating things by running different scripts to get the same data (paths) which you already had in the original script you posted. All you then need to do is change the ownership of those paths using the extra cmdlets and passing it your user who will take ownership. However if you understand your process and it works then its all good
-
I haven't tried this out but I think the below may work: $users = Get-ADUser -Filter "*" -SearchBase "OU=Class 2013,OU=Students,DC=School,DC=local" -Properties samaccountname, HomeDirectory, profilepath #The user who will take ownership $objUser = New-Object System.Security.Principal.NTAccount("yourDomain", "Administrator") $users | ForEach-Object { #Get home directory object $objHomeDirectory = Get-Acl $_.HomeDirectory #Set home directory object ownership to new user $objHomeDirectory.SetOwner($objUser) #delete home directory from server remove-item $_.HomeDirectory -recurse -force Write-Host 'Home Directory: '$_.HomeDirectory #Get profile path object $objProfilePath = Get-Acl $_.profilepath #Set profile path object ownership to new user $objProfilePath.SetOwner($objUser) #delete profile folder from server, delete line if not needed remove-item $_.profilepath -recurse -force Write-Host 'Profile Path: '$_.profilepath `n #delete user account from AD #Remove-ADUser -Identity $_.samaccountname -Confirm:$false Write-Host 'SamAccountName: '$_.samaccountname } Write-Host "Press any key to continue..." $x = $host.UI.RawUI.ReadKey("NoEcho,IncludeKeyDown")
-
+1 We're in need of a sample Win 8 GPO. Please
-
Hey, Scripting Guy! How Can I Use Windows PowerShell to Determine the Owner of a File? - Hey, Scripting Guy! Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs
-
I think your issue is exactly that... you need to take ownership before you can delete. Try using power shell to take ownership... scripting guy has a good tutorial. I'm on my phone ATM so can't provide link.
-
Looks like you don't have permissions to delete the folders... does the user running the script have permissions to do this?
-
I pretty much do what others have said above... create my task sequence in MDT which includes Windows Update (Pre-Application Installation) and Windows Update (Post-Application Installation). I then 'Pause' the task sequence and make any manual changes and run manual updates. Once this is done you can point your VM machine to boot from \\ServerName\DeploymentShare$\Boot\LiteTouchPE_x86.iso and it will automatically create your reference.wim itself. You will also have to make sure you've setup your MDT Deployment share properties.
-
That was my understanding but wasn't 100% sure... we're hopefully setting it up next academic term.
-
We've just started using Sharepoint 2013 and created a custom intranet page for staff / students... its only been rolled out to a few people so far but it looks promising. We have specific areas for staff / students documents along with hand in areas and resources. Each department has a its own page with a calendar and Twitter feed to try and make it more interactive for everyone... a simple design is the key I think. Its a steep learning curve but we'll see how worthwhile it is when it goes fully live in September.
-
Hi, I'm building our new image for release over the summer holidays and am struggling to find a good method of disabling Java's auto update. How is everyone else doing this? Java version 1.7.0.60 Thanks Ben
-
You will need the Sharepoint Colour Palette Tool... create your file then uploaded it to 'your site name > All Files > _catelogs > theme > 15 > yourfile.spfont' using Sharepoint Designer. Once you've uploaded your file you will be able to select it in 'Change the Look' on the O365 portal.
-
Cool, will do.
-
Cool, thanks for the quick response. It's made things a little clearer Are you still based in Norfolk? If so I was wondering if I could pop over for a visit sometime and have a chat / look around your system? We've not really got any close ties to any near-by schools and you seem quite knowledgeable (someone I can pinch ideas from ).
-
Hi, I'm sure this has been answered before but I can't find a definitive answer so I'm going to ask again. 1. Server 2012 R2 Standard entitles me to host 2 VM's on the same machine at no extra cost (host has max 2 CPU's). 2. Server 2012 R2 Datacenter entitles me to host unlimited VM's on the same machine at no extra cost (host has max 2 CPU's). 3. I use the same license key as the host machine on the VM's. Are the above 3 statements correct? Thanks Ben
-
[windows tablet] Recommend a Windows tablet (primary school market)
jaminben replied to kaphc's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
@VeryPC_Colin_M Add me to the list of people also looking at these... currently testing Dell Venue 11's which are nice. -
As long as you don't demote your PDC and your aware that the 2012 R2 DC will run at a 2008 R2 functional level.
-
We're about to go 2012 R2 with vm's in the summer and thought about running two machines as the hosts with the 2x DC's running in a vm but both of the hosts would be non-domain machines. Every other vm host capable machine would be domain joined. Does this sound like a bad idea?
-
+1 for Visual Studio if you want a nice GUI but if your going basic then Powershell will probably be best. I find coding into the middle of the night can be quite addictive so be careful
