Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Jake

Members
  • Posts

    952
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jake

  1. Jake

    Managed Service and BSF

    That is indeed how I believe it to be too. Although we were recently told by a BSF representative that there was no choice in the matter and that we HAD to have the managed service. Now I guess the question is whether or not our head will say no to the managed service and "lose" the money. The head is adamant that she doesnt want a managed service, but shes equally adamant that she wants the stuff from the money.
  2. Quick question to help with a "discussion" going on here at the moment. There is so much misinformation, part information and lack of information around that there is a topic of argument here at the moment. Can someone clarify a situation for me, with official statements/links if possible. In regards to the Managed Service and BSF...Do we as a school HAVE to have the managed service, or can we opt not to have the managed service. I have seen some say you have to have it, and some say you can opt out of it but you lose a chunk of money. Anyone know what the actual situation is?
  3. As I have said before, lets not forget that Man Utd went 25 (26?) years without winning the league, and I would say things have turned out pretty good for them in the long run. So Liverpool have a few more years yet before they have to worry about getting near to those 25 (26?) years. Anything can happen in 7 years, who knows !
  4. I think I would like to be reincarnated as a teacher, I think its only fair because I have done enough work in this life, so I should be given a life next time where I dont have to work.
  5. I've known what mine will be for a long time now, Mike and the Mechanics - In The Living Years
  6. True, I cant remember the last time I saw an honest footballer. They cheat like mad, they dive, they pretend its a corner when they know full well it was a throw in, they never take a throw in or free kick from the allocated position..always moving the ball forward a bit, or shifting along the sidelines pretending they are looking for someone to throw the ball to while moving along the line and so on
  7. Thats quite an interesting website from a What If? kind of scenario. Cant say I entirely agree with how they work it out though..notably these 2 rules. 1) Penalties adjudged to have been given are assumed to be scored and 3) Score changes are related to specific decisions only (e.g. a red card for a player does not change the score - even if the player who scores should not have been on the pitch at the time.) 1) Penalties do get missed, even by the best players, so a bit wonky to simply assume that all are scored, not sure how else to work out whether it would have been a goal or not though 3) This one seems very weird to me though, if they are deciding that player x should have been sent off, then I dont see how they can keep the scoreline the same, ESPECIALLY if the goal was scored by the same guy they just decided should have been sent off. Nevertheless, interesting though
  8. Dont know about Scholes, but highly doubt Carragher will come out of retirement
  9. Yeah I was quite surprised at that score, didnt see the game but I watched the scores coming in and couldnt help wondering if it was done as some kind of "protest" by the Man City players about Svens situation
  10. Actually the head to head statistics (league + cups) for the last 8 years between Man Utd and Liverpool are surprisingly even. 2000-present Matches played : 19 Manchester United win : 10 Draw : 1 Liverpool win : 8 Goals scored by Manchester United : 20 Goals scored by Liverpool : 16 Fairly even really, though of course we all know that technically individual results are fairly unimportant compared to performance over the course of a season
  11. I will start being worried when Liverpool have gone 25 years without winning the league as thats how long United went without winning it. As long as we dont equal that record I'm happy
  12. Crikey...its been so long, afraid I cant remember how I did it off the top of my head. When I get the chance today I will try and run back through it and see if I can remember. I've got a terrible memory for stuff longer than 2 weeks ago, and an even more terrible habit of not documenting stuff
  13. Jake

    FMS - upgrade -

    Thanks, i've contacted Capita regarding it today, and also about the FMS migration. Given our seperated FMS and SIMS situation , I am apprehensive about the FMS migration , so figured I would just double check in advance any issues
  14. Jake

    FMS - upgrade -

    Got a link for their FTP? At least I can get to 6.85
  15. Jake

    april 24th

    Apparently we are told by SMT that the strike is irrelevant as we dont have NUT members here anyway.
  16. Jake

    FMS - upgrade -

    That could be a bit of a bugger for us as we dont have solus on the FMS server. Maybe I might have to go ahead and try shoving sims workstation on it and hoping I can get it to work
  17. Jake

    FMS - upgrade -

    Thanks, I wonder if they have a cd image for 6.85 , 6.91 and 6.100 as well.
  18. Jake

    FMS - upgrade -

    Anyone know if sticking sims workstation installation on our FMS server will work out ok? I dont really have time to be farting about recovering FMS if it cocks up by putting sims workstation on there, so would preferably like to know in advance that it'll work out ok
  19. Jake

    FMS - upgrade -

    I remember there being a download available for some past versions, was wondering if that still existed, tried the old links but theres nothing there now
  20. Brace yourself, this is going to get complicated.... Ok...our bursar got hold of FPS.net by HCSSeducation. This will interface between FPS and FMS 6.100. Now things get complex ... We are running FMS 6.83 , on a seperate server to SIMS. From speaking with someone today at Capita, I was told that essentially what we need to do is upgrade to FMS 6.85 , then upgrade to FMS 6.91 , at which point we could then upgrade to 6.100 in a few weeks.. and along the way we can do our FMS Migration which is required before august. Now..as I say, our FMS is seperate to our SIMS, so we dont have solus on the FMS server, so cant get the upgrades that way. If we try to setup solus on the FMS server it complains that it isnt a sims workstation or sql server. So, my query essentially, is whats the easiest way for us to get FMS6.83 , FMS6.91 and FMS6.100 Or am I just being thick?
  21. Darn, that was the only one I could remember that had a red car
  22. I'm going to go ahead and say it was a show called "Viper" , featuring a red Dodge Viper which was *the* car to feature on magazines and so forth at the time. Although it was an early-mid 90s show, so I may be wrong
  23. We have a member of staff who looks like Zelda
  24. Great show !!! Seemed to go on forever, and the golden bird was awesome. So was the theme tune
×
×
  • Create New...