-
Posts
952 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Jake
-
That post about the indian call centre to get a guy from upstairs to sort a paper jam is priceless.
-
Subscription for Edugeek : Would you pay?
Jake replied to contink's topic in Comments and Suggestions
I got Microsoft sponsorship...say what you will about Mr Gates, but he certainly knows how to splash the cash on comforts. Actually you know..now that I think about it, the microsoft sponsorship may explain the dodgy security on the cage -
Subscription for Edugeek : Would you pay?
Jake replied to contink's topic in Comments and Suggestions
Free use of my cage as a rest area for any tired female subscribers -
/em william shatner mode on "flashing lights, blinking and flashing, flashing and blinking, blinking, flashing, flashing, blinking!!!!!!!" /em william shatner mode off
-
I'm actually really cold today, despite some decent sun outside. Think its the lack of cloud cover. On the plus side, loving it as I prefer being cold over being hot. Reminds me of brilliant christmas' spent up in the rocky mountains in colorado
-
I hope its not true about requiring macs for media studies, 2 years ago our media studies dept insisted that they required macs for their course. So we bought a load in, and they just never got used (teachers said they didnt know how to use them or the media based software on them (we had premiere/ulead). They pretty much sat gathering dust til they were reallocated to the ICT dept. Hoping we arent going to have to buy another wodge load in to give to the media dept to not be used
-
I'm dark haired and olive skinned...then again, I'm also part spanish
-
Yay for Naked Fridays !!
-
Ironically enough, I watched the first episode of Terry and June again last night, in it he refers to a black guy trying to buy their house as a wog. Funny to think that something which we look fondly back on as a classic comedy would these days not be allowed to air. (much as the BBC now refuse to show the massively famous fawlty towers episode where Basil does all the german world war 2 jokes) On the issue of the banning of the spanish grand prix..I dont know, I cant help but think that is punishing the majority of the genuine F1 fans there for the behaviour of the minority. If we were banned from every event that a few british "fans" threw abuse at, then the UK wouldnt get to compete in anything at all. I think I would prefer to see some kind of hugely massive fine, but the race itself go ahead so that the true fans can still enjoy it. Perhaps make 100% of the race profits go to an anti-racism charity or something.
-
hahah yeah I had to doubletake at that too, for a moment I thought it said mature videos.
-
Surprised the beejesus out of me, I really didnt think that Eli was up for a superbowl match yet. Great game though, and to think some people claim NFL is boring !
-
I for one am very glad that the IT Screen Goddess' have taken this standpoint Fear not Witch, I dont think any one of us here would think of you as being "past it" ! From what I have seen of you as you walk past my lowlevel cage, anything but ! I think having more women in IT is very beneficial to us males in IT too, females are by design much more human than us and certainly easier to converse and interact with. Combine that with a good knowledge of IT and it greatly helps to dispell the popular image that all IT support personnel are inhuman robots. It means less opportunity to fart in the office, but its a small price to pay
-
We're signed up for that too, it reminds me of those generic website designing tools you used to get years ago, like the old geocities sites etc. Would have preferred a moodle route myself, but que sera sera
-
I totally agree with the whole article, should be many many more women in IT I say
-
You realise of course, its taking a quite spectacular amount of willpower for me not to make a comment about techbabes , blowing and horn
-
Hey ! Theres nothing wrong with voyeurism
- 4,290 replies
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I actually have been thinking lately of maybe getting into that
-
Mine are pretty geeky, computer games, anything archaeological, travelling and anything involving my daughter
-
True , that sucks. I'm on the 20mb line and I average speeds of 16-18mb, never had it higher than 18.6mb. But happy with that.
-
I had the 10mb service when they did the free upgrade to 20mb, would be nice if they now upgraded my 20mb to 50mb
-
Hehe..I need my beauty sleep, got to keep my features smooth and pleasant for the ladies
-
Hoping to take the monday off so I can recover from the game, would love the Giants winning, but I'm afraid that the cranial part of me thinks its going to the Patriots
-
Got a 16gig stick, but all thats on mine at the moment is some photos of my daughter, NOD32 antivirus and a complete copy of Medieval Total War 2
-
Congratulations If you need anyone to help dress the bridesmaids, let me know
-
I am going to have to go with increased amounts of real servers rather than jimmyed up desktops that we used to use yonks ago. Extra technician, which has made a wodgeload of difference Vastly increasing number of dextrous fingered techwomen in the industry
