-
Posts
386 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Ghostgame
-
[sims] SIMS Pdoxusr.net Permission Denied error. Help?
Ghostgame replied to marsdenprimary's topic in MIS Systems
Check your C:\ drive and see if it is there. If not there check C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Borland Shared\Bde- 11 replies
-
- file permissions
- pdox
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
-
Indeed he is.
-
Agreed, it has been getting more stable with each release. Annoyed that they took the search functionality out of the update libriary. It now takes ages to find a specific patch or release to authorise to a school.
-
Latest technical roadmap for SIMS has been released. Resource: 17910 The support dates. Office 2013 support started from Spring 2014 Support for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 commenced from Spring 2014. SOLUS2 support has been extended up until 31st August 2015 for the Independent sector. SOLUS2 support has been extended up until 31st March 2016 for the Maintained sector. . SQL2014 support for SIMS & FMS will commence from Autumn 2014. SQL2008 and SQL2008 R2 support have both had their support extended to include Spring 2015
-
[sims] SOLUS 3 down?! 'Unable to define target type'
Ghostgame replied to MrMat's topic in MIS Systems
SOLUS3 is currently un-available - Resolved 12:31 UPDATE:the issues affecting SOLUS3 have been resolved and it is now available to be used. Regards, Jonathan Wood SIMS Product Manager -
[sims] SOLUS 3 down?! 'Unable to define target type'
Ghostgame replied to MrMat's topic in MIS Systems
Getting the same here. Sounds like Capita's SOLUS3 server is down. Edit: Just gave Capita a ring. There is maintenance happening on their SOLUS3 servers. New S3 schools can't register, can't make changes to the S3 enviroment, LA's can't authorise patches, etc and schools can't deploy patches, etc. Should be up and running in a hours time. -
Hi I think the issue is something to do with the sims.ini in c:\windows Basically that error might be due to the SIMSDirectory having the wrong path. Should point to the SIMS folder on the shared Capita\SIMS drive (e.g S:\SIMS) Edit: Blast, too late
-
Its back
-
Did the same and called Capita. I have been told that they are working on it and it is a priority.
-
[sims] Where to install SIMS? Program Files (x86) or just Program Files?
Ghostgame replied to Sam_Brown's topic in MIS Systems
You can install SIMS in either one, I have not come across any SIM .net issues if you do. I would however recommend that you keep it the same across all workstations to avoid any issues with the FMS link to SIMS. (Settings for that can be found in FMS --> Tools --> MIS Settings) -
Saw this, made me laugth out loud and want to play Skyrim again. Might be NSFW
-
[sims] Migrated to new server and SQL2012 - Problems
Ghostgame replied to mrbios's topic in MIS Systems
Had that issue. Was due to the tasks not deleting themselves out of C:\Windows\Tasks or C:\Windows\System32\Tasks Once deleting any B2B tasks left and giving SYSTEM or LOCAL SERVICE (can't remember which) full control of the folder, B2B started working again. Not sure what fixed your issue though. -
@matt40k yes
-
Where SIMS and FMS are installed, this can be configured in the workstation settings in the SIMS.ini tab. For some reason its also in SOLUS3 agents --> Update Enviroment --> SIMS/FMS Channel --> FMS/SIMS workstation Select Computers
-
Stop Calling Teachers 'Miss' Or 'Sir', Pupils Are Told - Telegraph
Ghostgame replied to 6Foot2's topic in General Chat
The use of sir and miss is perhaps the easiest way to get a teachers attention especially encase of an emergency. -
Was that when you did the SQL migration?
-
A bit of lore from EVE Online about cloning. https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Cloning In EVE cloning is the way the game explains respawns.
-
Just because the Bible is where my views come from, does not make it any less my view. Also I don't follow a book, I follow the Lord Jesus Christ. Sorry if that seems a bit blunt.
-
@SYNACK I'm happy to continue with this over PM but not on this thread. We are starting to deviate from what this thread is about.
-
Its a situation I hope never to be in as it would test my faith terribly. This answer I give, is hopefully what I would do. I would refuse treatment, as death is not something a Christian should fear. This would be discussed with loved ones first and I would explain why I would refuse the treatment for myself. If a loved one was sick, it would be discussed with them and whatever choice they make would be the choice they make.
-
We are given that gift but we have free will as well. We have the choice whether or not to obey what he says. God is not waiting for us to fail, God is allowing us to exercise our free will.
-
The only person who would be deprived of the various potential medical benefits would be me. I can't speak for anyone else as they are their own person. Its up to the individual person.
-
I hope this does not derail the thread but as a Christian I find the idea of cloning unacceptable. Why? Because according to the Bible (specifically Genesis), God designed us to procreate via a man and a woman. Anything that interferes or tries to replace that God given design (so therefore must be perfect) is asking for trouble. Please note, this is MY view.
