-
Posts
12,849 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Michael
-
I've uploaded ActivInspire 2.14 to my Google Drive space, contained within a ZIP file. If you need this, drop me a PM.
-
I'm still using ActivInspire 2.14 + admin.ini as I wrote before with no problems. I could probably find the install files if people are desperate!!
-
I'd say it depends what Azure's being used for. Bromcom for example is hosted in Azure, but Azure joined devices and local domain devices, it isn't quite like for like.
-
Try resetting the BIOS back to factory default, as something seems amiss. The only other possibility is a hidden partition before your XP installation. Make sure all existing partitions are deleted during install - there should only be two on XP if performing a standard install. UEFI didn't exist back then, so wouldn't apply.
-
I'd have a look at the BIOS and see what the boot priorities are (as a starting point). This makes sense given you can boot from a disc and install XP (in 2021, I hope you have a good reason)!
-
Maybe for a future consideration, but I can recommend Wave 9 VOIP
-
I did wonder 'what's the difference?' only issue, this won't work for Papercut schools. I'm not entirely sure why this is the case, but probably easy enough to include in a future update.
-
I've installed the September 2021 patch on a 1607 workstation, so the build number reads: 14393.4651 This is using Type 3 drivers, Point and Print GPOs configured and the GPP regedit added prior = no problems. If I did run into issues, my first steps would be to upgrade to the latest Type 3 driver from whoever your provider is. The more I read about Type 4, the more it reminds me of HTML5 many years back. It just wasn't ready, too many ifs and buts, but now it's a mature/supported plugin.
-
Morning all, For Papercut Admins, please read the following - Security issue identified in PaperCut Application Server
-
- 2
-
-
It just means LTSC 2019 will be supported longer than LTSC 2022, last I checked!
-
Question is will it be LTSC '22 based on W10 or W11?
-
Is this the true successor to Windows Server 2019 or Windows 11 Server? I wonder whether they'll be an LTSC release that's equivalent to this?
-
Showing my age now, but makes me think whether Pagers could make a return. It's all one way and perfect for receiving a passcode or pin and literally nothing else!
-
I think there lies the problem, for home users or small businesses, this will work. It wouldn't necessarily work in enterprise or education environments.
-
I'm on WUfb and 30 days behind too, so all my workstations/servers are currently on the August 2021 patch. From my observations, Microsoft have patched another printer related issue in the September 2021 update, but guidance notes before still apply. I'll put my hands up and admit I haven't tested the September 2021 patch yet, but @FN-GM has above.
-
Maybe but then again O365 has Skype for Business which is separate.
-
Hi all, This issue had me puzzled, so I thought I'd share - If you navigate to https://login.microsoftonline.com and just type in 'jbloggs' (no @ email domain/extension), and select 'Next' why oh why Microsoft does it redirect to https://login.live.com ? Why not display 'this user is not a valid account' or similar?
-
Just speculating, but is it not domain\username and password if trying to authenticate against IIS?
-
Presumably you're trying to create a parent > child WSUS setup? As you say, normally specifying the FQDN (recommended) or IP should work. I presume you can ping the IP where you are? You may/may not need to create some forward/reverse DNS zones if on a different subnet.
-
SMART Notebook 11.4 and Flash based content
Michael replied to Chuckster's topic in Educational Software
I can confirm it doesn't work. -
Two things to try - Reset IE to defaults on the Advanced tab. Make sure the correct proxy (if applicable) is set within IE and Groupcall xPorter for example. Ensure TLS 1.2 isn't enforced in the registry I've seen this seriously interfere with Groupcall in the past. Looking through my old emails, I found this - Open Group Policy - Computer Config > Policies > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options > System Cryptography: Use FIPS Compliant (enabled) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols Remove any keys which read TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2. Always backup any registry settings first!!
-
At the moment (as I've said prior), Microsoft are effectively disabling Point and Print, but then aren't really giving admins an alternative. Apply this GPP regedit at your own risk, whilst maintaining exists Point and Print GPOs and it works. I'm hoping that they'll be some revised guidance in the coming months. Type 4 drivers might be part of the solution, but then this confuses me more. Various websites say Type 4 are deployed directly from Windows Update, yet I can download Type 4 drivers from various printer manufacturers to deploy via Point and Print. I know as much as the coding's different, but then the functions are more restricted. One of Microsoft's latest guidance of 'provide a domain admin username/password' for end users to enter when prompted is just crazy.
-
I was about to say, amazed no one has suggested this. This would typically be my first area to investigate.
-
This is normal as you're creating this key. It's new to Windows from August 2021 onwards, but you can apply it on a workstation say it's running the July 2021 patch. It just won't apply/doesn't work, but will come into play when the August 2021 patch is installed.
