Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

robk

Mod Staff
  • Posts

    1,409
  • Joined

Everything posted by robk

  1. I think setting the pc up as a location in smoothwall and blockin there is what I would use. You can then enable the hidden sites for book images etc
  2. Sounds good to me..
  3. Not seen the license (which can be a good thing...) we have tasked some graphic communication students with creating some video. Going to be interesting seeing how it comes out. @john I MAY have that memory stick with me.
  4. If its literally the metal "plug" that's snapped off the circuit board it is a quite easy for anyone with basic soldering skills to put it back on. You then want to move the data to a new stick, create a backup and throw the old one.
  5. I have, it's the source image. I beleve. The YouTube clip that sysman links to looks interesting. Still would love the tour video files to land on many memory sticks for schools. Now that would be awesome. @Chris_ whens your production? I get to run in March
  6. What proxy do you have set? Winhttp uses different setting to ie.
  7. Very sad. Says Alot that we all recognise the title of this thread. As has been said sounds like he went peacefully.
  8. Can you actually apply for these direct now? I recall some time ago you had to work through your la/ rbc and most seemed to not want the admin work.
  9. Happy birthday
  10. robocopy but I would suggest NOT using the /mir switch /mir Mirrors the folders, which would delete files out of the backup folder if they were deleted from the laptop. Not quite what you want. robocopy by default only copies new files so should do what you are looking for.
  11. Shops very quiet today, got parked really easily. However....
  12. You MAY get away with some 8 core alarm cable and 8 pin DIN plugs Soldered on each end, I assume these cables are the desk to wall (then off to the dimmers at the other end). As @Oaktech & @Andrew_C mentioned there are various lighting standards, but you are not changing the active kit at the ends of the cable, just the cable in the middle.
  13. Done, survey seems to be working fine now @ZeroHour.
  14. What @Domino said! We use our smoothwall box to relay internal stuff from copiers etc but a small linux box or smtp service on a web server internally should fix this issue quite quickly.
  15. Hp told me that as long as the switches were originally bought in the uk they would honor the warranty.
  16. Yes, setup - clear all done. Is there a "better" factory reset does anyone know?
  17. I know A2Z have gone bust, but live register is actually produced by a different company which is still available. PM for contact details if required. I have not used Live register, but it looked interesting.
  18. I have a very new looking VT59 here, that projects the menu screens no problem, but all of the inputs (both VGA and composite) have vertical lines missing (like a tft with a faulty grid cable).As the menus are ok it cant be optics, but I am not sure what else we can try to fix it. Anyone have any suggestions?
  19. There may be very good reasons why information is not Available, for example legal and or protecting other sites using vb. I have no more info than anyone else. I suggest "please bear with us" is a good idea.
  20. Best option, switch box. You may find that a headphone splitter adaptor may work, but depending on the input/output impedance you may have volume issues. Can you feed the TV via line in on the mac mini?
  21. I THINK we did, our XIBO system has two atom machines and several older pcs. Atoms (with ION chipset) seemed to work very well. We backed off the video quality to keep the old desktops happy.
  22. Been using Impero for some time. Yes some of the functions are available in straight windows like password reset. Others like being able to unlock a windows 7 workstation and log off via the impero console are worth their weight in gold. Impero does do a lot. In some ways maybe too much, but it's worth a demo.
  23. It turned out that only this laptop was behaving like this, so reimaging fixed it. No idea what caused it.
  24. I must second that! Test your data transfer on a backup database. Then backup the live system before you import. These things can go very wrong very quickly.
  25. Must admit I have always liked the Antex XS's they seem "industry standard" I did also have a smaller 15w iron for soldering ics etc. For a psu connector etc 25w should be fine. Desolder braid does work, but the components can get quite hot, which is not good for laptops. solder sucker might be better.
×
×
  • Create New...