Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

robk

Mod Staff
  • Posts

    1,409
  • Joined

Everything posted by robk

  1. Ah thanks @clareq I was thinking impero but maybe not in this case. Will see if I can get someone to confirm it "always" happens on a machine and remove impero, just to be sure. If it's not Impero I am not sure what else it could be though.
  2. Is that when the shutdown problem started for you? We updated Impero last couple of weeks of the summer.
  3. Interesting, have you updated Impero recently?
  4. Staff are telling me it happens all the time, just struggling to see if happen myself! Probably safer to say it happens frequently.
  5. Not really @ZeroHour winlogon.exe has initiated a power off event I'd 1074 reason code 0x500ff is logged. But that's about it.
  6. Strange one this. I am getting lots of complaints that our pcs are shutting down instead of logging out. Initially I thought it was windows updates pending install (so the normal log out box changes to shutdown). However after digging further the button is defiantly log out, but the machine shuts down. We are running the latest version of Impero and windows 7 64bit. Can anyone suggest any reasons/fixes?!
  7. I think @john has had similar problems.. BT SIP is very picky about what devices you can connect on the end of it. Gamma seems to be a good supplier though I only got to the research phase before the money ran out!
  8. Wait for 2 days and then to fill in the hole. Only then will someone come to fix the cable. Rinse and repeat a few times.... Took 4 weeks for some friends with a dead line if this.
  9. @ashjeaton did you manage to get this working? The Instructions from MicroLib are very cryptic!
  10. Have you tried screenmonkey? Developed for a church environment, but migrated over to theatre av.
  11. I find most players will not let foh do this for them, they still insist on lots of noise on stage!
  12. Must be fully clothed.... Seriously, no real dress code, whatever you are comfortable in.
  13. Have you perhaps exceeded the change limit? To many requests to change/move things may result in you getting locked out.
  14. There's a whole raft of gpo changes to enable the ie plugin now. Impero support will send you the kb... Guess what I hit last week...
  15. I do know that Dcc made contact and Derbyshire.sch.uk got unblocked. I didn't hear anything from my requests though.
  16. Seems unblocked for me now as well. Back on holiday it is! Happy Easter!
  17. Just to confirm a contact from Dcc is aware and "on the case". The more unblock requests that go in the better I would suggest.
  18. I have done that as well, though 24 hours later no response. It is a holiday though.
  19. I had to chuckle when I saw a blacklist email bounce from one school on the Derbyshire network managers list. Though that does at least prove its not just my schools domain blocked.
  20. Derbyshire.sch.uk reports as blocked by mx toolbox. Not sure who in Derbyshire to contact now.
  21. It seems derbyshire.sch.uk has been listed by invaluement spam blacklist, 1 URI DNSBL & 2 IP DNS lists and is blocked from emailing btinternet.com (and others!). Derbyshire schools may wish to submit an unblock request.
  22. Any one else doing this? Looking at the same thing...
  23. Nice work in getting the details. Could you elaborate on how it works? Do students need to use there FQDN or does it match on username? (We have office 365 set up, so if I could add MLS to the same auth mechanism it would be ideal). Any sign of Silent single sign on at all? Thanks RobK
  24. The staff who teach are allowed to be present for tech support however. Worth bearing in mind.
  25. If you add an ADSL filter to the output it will add a ring capacitor and re-generate the ring wire. Quite a lot of phones ignore the ring wire anyway so you may well be ok without the adaptor.
×
×
  • Create New...