-
Posts
1,409 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by robk
-
Yes, its screen. I don't really want to try a DIY fix here as I understand its very easy to break more than you fix if you don't know what you are doing.
-
Having just dropped my Surface Pro 3 I now need to find somewhere to get it repaired! Can anyone recommend a good service centre? Ideally midlands but I am open to suggestions. Don't really want to shell out £600 for swapped device with microsoft! Regards RobK
-
[android app] Android Beta App Feedback
robk replied to ZeroHour's topic in EduGeek.net Site Problems
I can confirm those Debug files look very similar to the ones I get. Splash screen loads and then you get that debug output? I have deleted the app and restarted the device before re-installing but no change. -
@andyturpie are the clients being logged in as different users? Thats the only thing I can think of. Guessing a single user might get locked out if logged on elsewhere.
-
Performance & presentation headset recommendations
robk replied to fiza's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
You could go with the adapter, but looking at the headset you link to the connector is already quite big, I would worry about Jack sockets coming lose and causing pops and bangs. Would work, but personally I would go for the headset to fit rather than the adapter. CPC used to do those headsets with changeable cables (so you could replace the cable depending on belt pack type) but they stopped some years ago. -
I do like a challenge though...
-
Performance & presentation headset recommendations
robk replied to fiza's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
I think thats a 4 pin Hi-rose. Try these Headset Microphone with Hirose 4 Pin - PULSE | CPC UK -
I would expect at least a link light from both boxes. Are all 4 lines the same number/batch of numbers? If so I would expect to be able to plug the working patch cable into ether NTE and get 2 working lines. If you can't it sounds like a duff NTE but you do have a green light on each box which is a good sign.
-
Make sure you have the old patch cables for the isdn... I had to make up isdn crossover cables for our hipath system. Guessing you have 4 outside lines? In which case I would expect a patch cable from each isdn nte to the switch. The ISDN connections are not on the back of the unit are they?
-
@X-13 you are entered, though we could remove your entry if you wish?.... Good luck everyone who visited today.
-
Something like a bargain hardware hp z600 would give you a good starting point. I have one running the windows 10 microsoft labs in hyper-v. Disk io could be faster but the cost of an ssd would have put the cost up.
-
Ofsted Online Safety Webinar - Wed 31 January 2018 - 7-8pm
robk replied to elsiegee40's topic in e-Safety
I suspect it's to allow parents to join as well. -
Ofsted Online Safety Webinar - Wed 31 January 2018 - 7-8pm
robk replied to elsiegee40's topic in e-Safety
Having heard Lorin LaFave speak I can highly recommend this one. We managed to book a e-safety day which was very well received, with good resources etc. A bit frighting in places maybe but then e-safety can be frighting without good support. RobK -
Ho do you Send exam timetables to individual students?
robk replied to anne1's topic in How do you do....it?
Does this also work for other Mis's? -
See @john 's post earlier, Woolwich Arsenal DLR down to West Silvertown and take the bridge over to excel. Make sure you are ready for the 50 steps each side of the bridge though. The views up and down the river are worth looking at.
-
Penetration Seminar - Sec1 - Bristol, Newcastle, Leeds
robk replied to timbo343's topic in Courses and Training
Bump.. The Leeds event I attended the other week was really good, they say no sales and they mean it. Well worth a trip if there's one near you. -
Not yet, was hoping someone would have some suggestions..
-
Does anyone have a silent install script for PTC Creo 4.0? I have the licence server set up and appears to be running, but I really don't want to be doing 200 manual installs! I know the recommendation is add before you image, but our WDT image is not a capture so that option is out for us. Regards RobK
-
I suspect the point is you don't have a spare copy. But keep the exam officers secure site logins safe.. That's what we have ended up doing.
-
I think as far as moving computers you can get the exam boards to reissue a new certificate but that invalidates the old one.
-
@BKGarry beat me to it. How about remote desktop to your normal work desktop? That way your exams data does not have to reside on a portable device that could get lost etc.
-
You can set vlan tags on the Smoothwall interfaces. So you end up with virtual interfaces one for each vlan you set up.
-
Has anyone been able to make any inroads into this? Being able to trigger a SSO login to G-suite and therefore you tube without having to enter the users email address would be fantastic for us.
-
Has anyone found a way to achieve this? Don't really want to issue instructions telling people to type their email addresses three times before SSO finally works...
-
Ah so Impero could well be a contributing factor at least!?
