Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Jamman960

Members
  • Posts

    1,577
  • Joined

Everything posted by Jamman960

  1. TV licence, Car insurance, Banks/Credit Cards and Also Broadband/Phone unless they're covered by Sky don't forget to sort a mail redirection if you haven't already I'm moving this weekend also... our landlord decided to retire and kick us out after 12 months, not overly happy but the new place is £25 cheaper per month and in a little better condition than our current one
  2. Our site manager does it all with a Fluke 6500
  3. Jamman960

    Maldonado

    He crashed into the side of Lewis on purpose. He should definatly get more than a slapped wrist but probably wont ah well... won't do his career much good either way
  4. My other half works in healthcare also doing 12.5hr shifts, i find it difficult sometimes with the late finishes and frequent weekend work but as its only 3, sometimes 4 days a week its not so bad. If she were to switch to the shifts you're other half is having to do I wouldn't be happy either - a mixture would work out pretty well but all lates really isn't on I'd push for a mix or seriously consider moving on, whats the point of having the morning/most of the afternoon off when no one else is around and realistically you'd need to be getting ready for work by 2pmish anyway
  5. It'll be interesting to see how much of the goods can be recovered - surely even the worst parents would consider tv's looted in the recent riots to be too hot to handle and most will notice when little johnny's tv is suddenly bigger than the one in the lounge
  6. Rabbits are fairly hardy in cold weather, when its gets really cold we usually cover the hutch up over night with a carpet. The thing to watch out for is their water bottle freezing up but other than that they're ok They don't really take a lot of looking after, just feed them once a day and clean them out once a week(may need doing more often in the summer), during the winter ours stays in most of the time and only really goes out when we clean him out, in the summer I tend to let him out whenever I'm in the garden for a while... due to the number of foxes around here(even in broad daylight!) we have to stay nearby and generally have to scare a fox off within the hour We only ever bring him indoors when he's ill but thats only beed once so far James
  7. If your helpdesk supports it I'd suggest setting it up to accept jobs via email
  8. I once setup a network in a primary school which had a pc stripped and nailed to the wall as many seem to have... I cringed when the overall computer was labelled "The Harddrive"
  9. Whitmarsh sees positives in Sky deal as more details emerge - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com "The BBC will show every grand prix in full, half of them live and half of them deferred, so free-to-air is available to everyone." - sounds a little better I'm guessing they could be on the red button though which would make recording an issue... hopefully they'll be aired at a decent time
  10. Do sky show adverts during sports coverage? haven't bothered with sky sports before now, also do they generally stick each sport on a specific channel or would they alternate between ss1&2? the sports pack is an extra £20 if both are needed by the looks of it and I'm guessing that if you don't already have the HD pack you'll need that also if you want it in HD... another £10 so all in all around £40-50/mo minimum argh! - think I'll be hunting for live streams or other "alternative" options next year unless the wife agrees to renew sky and the extra charges - I'd better get her a good birthday present first lol
  11. Where did you hear that? can't see a thing about it on F1 Fanatic or their forum
  12. Not sure why they're targeting usenet... I would have thought torrents would be an easier target Surely the usenet crowd could also be a good target for subscription services etc as most people making use of it will be paying for premium server access due to most ISP servers being about as much use as a chocolate tea pot(very few binary groups and retention measured in hours rather than days/years)
  13. I've had the same issue here, before I joined if there was only 1 point in a room but 2+ devices were required a mini switch would be installed. Where there are only 2 devices that need a port I usually stick in splitters instead, if more are needed its time to start cabling in extra points. I still dislike using splitters but as long as your not planning to provide gbit to the desktop or need poe on the port its not really an issue... it does get a little messy though
  14. I've also moved away from the share per user method, the only reason I could see for sticking with it was the software we had to create the user accounts, having sorted out another method(vbs script+CSV file) I much prefer sharing the root of the users directory. I'd avoid putting all students into 1 big directory if I were you unless your usernames can be pinpointed to a year group easily, even so its much easier to move them around and see how much space a year group is taking up if they're split into intakes. Assigning each year group to an AD group then using the advanced option within the redirection GPO settings sorts out any redirection issues.
  15. We use Sims.net's Fee's Billing module to process our bills along with FMS to handle the accounting side. You can use other finance packages with it but it wouldn't be quite so easy(you'd need to setup the General Ledger codes manually I think). I don't think FMS is able to handle billing on its own. it took a while to get used to but now its a pretty slick operation handled by our Finance Manager more or less on her own. We're a medium sized independent(400ish pupils between Nursery & Y8)
  16. If only you could postpone for more than 4 hours - 1 week would be enough
  17. yawn... NSO have a bad rep which is mostly based on(with the exception of spamming etc) work carried out yonks ago(probably before 2005), as with any company they have their happy customers and their not so happy customers I suggest the OP talks to their account manager and asks for few reference sites, see if you can talk to another customer or even pay them a visit
  18. ah reading the error you may need the sims.ini - [setup] SIMSSetupsDirectory=\\prep-admin1\capita$\SIMS\Setups SIMSDotNetDirectory=C:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS .net SIMSDirectory=S:\SIMS SIMS Directory=C:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS .net FinanceDirectory=C:\Program Files\SIMS\Finance OfflineSQLAppsDirectory= SIMSSQLAppsDirectory= Folder=SIMS Applications WorkStation=5.28 NeedIcons=FALSE [LastChecked] SIMSInfrastructureSetup=5.590.5.0 [installationLogs] SIMSApplicationSetup.exe=C:\Users\user1\AppData\Local\Temp\SIMSApplicationSetup.log [bDE] BDEVersion=2.52 BDEPath=C:\IDAPI BDEConfigPath=C:\IDAPI\IDAPI.CFG [Fonts] SIMS Attendance Key 8pt (VGA res)=SIMSATT.FON SIMS Monospaced 6,8pt (VGA res)=SIMSMONO.FON SIMS Field Navigator 8pt (VGA res)=SIMSFNAV.FON SIMS Clear 'a' font 8,10,12,14,18,24pt (VGA res)=SIMSCLRA.FON [NOVA-MC] CurrAcadYear=2010 PulsarLocation=C:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS .net CurrentTip=1 RecentFile:0=I:\RC SIMS data.SPL RecentFile:1= RecentFile:2= RecentFile:3= RecentFile:4= RecentFile:5= RecentFile:6= RecentFile:7= LoadAcadYear=2011 LastFile=I:\RC SIMS data.SPL
  19. Workstation: [sIMSConnection] Redirect=S:\SIMS Server: [sIMSConnection] ServerName=Prep-admin1\MIS2008 DatabaseName=SIMS CommandTimeOut = 288000 [Reports] Timeout=1000000 Only the first few lines of the server connect.ini are required, the timeout bits have been added to ours after issues. James
  20. Yep thats fine, the same goes for Cal's - as long as you don't have office installed on more computers than you have licences for you'll be ok
  21. Had a quick look on our setup, when adding a new user the following is displayed below: "Please note that Account Administrators have access to all reports and profiles in your account"
  22. Does the 3rd party really need access to your analytics data? I'd consider setting up your own analytics account and changing the code referenced within the pages. Will check on ours whether we can give admin rights at website level, I can't remember
  23. You'd probably get around £400-900 per switch plus £150-200 per module Access points would probably get you £50-80 each at a guess I'd make an offer but it'd have to be a silly one
  24. I've had issues with getting text to be justified, it tends to work on the first paragraph but after that it reverts to being left aligned. We've given up attemping to get it working and just use left aligned text.
×
×
  • Create New...