Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Jawloms

Members
  • Posts

    3,344
  • Joined

Everything posted by Jawloms

  1. We are seeing an increasing number of people here who try and load sites, typically Microsoft ones like OneDrive, Mail, etc., where the page never gets around to actually loading in Google Chrome, but it loads fine in Edge. No errors, just sits there circling. The version of Chrome hasn't changed recently. Anyone else seeing this? LGfL with Netsweeper.
  2. Thanks for this. That's given me the data I need, however I want it in a format I can then manipulate. I've tried converting the PDF to Word, Excel and TXT and on all of those it removes the actual class name and just has the teacher and students. Any ideas anyone?
  3. I'm after a report from Arbor which will give me all the year 10 lessons, which teachers teach them, and which students are in them. I am relatively new to Arbor and can't figure out how to do it and Arbor's latest response to my ticket was "It is actually a bit of a tricky one to get a report to show every lesson and every student." and then a link to their feedback pages. Anyone know if there is a way to do it? It feels like it should be possible to get a lesson per page in some sort of format..... Stuart
  4. A priest, a pastor, and a rabbit entered a clinic to donate blood. The nurse asked the rabbit: “What’s your blood type?” “I’m probably a type O,” said the rabbit.
  5. Where did it come from? An individual or a company?
  6. Just been told by Iris that it can't talk to Arbor's payment system. We want people to top up dinner money via Arbor and go in to our Iris/BioStore school dinner system. Is that correct?
  7. A school I worked at many years ago was constantly being edited. At one point there was never anything available for school dinners because the fat head teacher would eat it all, and we were running a brothel onsite.
  8. This does not surprise me at all from this company. While we were with them it was quite scary at times the information they couldn't lay their hands on. I recommend complaining about them to BESA. We did on one occasion and suddenly things started happening.
  9. Probably need to be of a certain age to know him, but what a brilliant comedian; https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c70g94zr1zgo
  10. Working here again. I'm not telling anyone yet though just in case!
  11. Worth trying a different browser?
  12. The Impero client is still blocking things, which is something at least!
  13. I've seen this and I think it's when the new post is on a new page, but there are still posts on the page it takes you to which you haven't read? But yes, it takes you to the top of the page.
  14. Do you have an onsite Firewall? Sounds like the Impero traffic is allowed on your wired VLAN but not the wireless VLAN.
  15. Talkstraight and NetSweeper you can simply turn on the PROXY server and it filters, however you also need to make sure you include something that means the user can't simply turn the PROXY back off! We're with LGFL and install the "HomeProtect" client.
  16. I thought asking for credentials was the default. Sounds like yours is setup to auto put them in?
  17. On a specific model of PC? I had this a number of years ago with some computers I bought from Novatech where anything (IWBs, mouse, etc.) plugged in to a USB would stop working and plugging it in to a different port would then make it work again. Not OS specific. Plugging a powered USB hub in to the computer and then plugging the devices in to the hub sorted it for me, although of course there's an additional expense there.....
  18. Anyone using MDT to roll out Windows 11 and the latest CUs? From what I've found, MS have changed the way cumulative updates work from the April '26 one onwards and it's now more difficult to include them in the build process, but I can't find how to actually do it. Anyone got any pointers please? I've never included them in the past so don't know how it used to work! Stuart
  19. Ticket I logged with Arbor; Response;
  20. We have four trolleys of laptops here. We book one solidly for the sole purpose of exams throughout the exam period. We don't apply any Windows Updates to that trolley for the duration. If an essential one came out, we'd manually apply it to all of them outside school hours. GPO looks fine.
  21. I don't have that registry setting set, but have no problem with the icons on a redirected desktop.........
×
×
  • Create New...