-
Posts
791 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Mark182
-
Humm…Have you checked time on your server? Do you use AD accounts to log in? I had some issues managing our 10.9 Imacs using WGM, we now use Profile Manager
-
Count me in!
-
Hey Joanne, long time no speak! Let me know if your auntie doesn’t buy it, depending on GB size I’ll buy it off you.
-
Recording and storing calls - DHT has asked a favor .......
Mark182 replied to pooley's topic in How do you do....it?
These guys are good. -
We use these, they are ace.
-
Prize-a-day-May! Win merch, tablets and a PC with VeryPC
Mark182 replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
Us as a school -
Prize-a-day-May! Win merch, tablets and a PC with VeryPC
Mark182 replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
Count us in please! -
I tell a lie. I’ve just done a keyword test on the word SKY and it then blocks sky.com
-
Its same for us :\
-
Try NSLOOKUP ?
-
If I understand this right you could nbtstat –a the IP address find the name of device? Or try show interface brief on the router?
-
Free to a good home (Stocktober 2 surplus prizes)
Mark182 replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
We'd could do with 10 sticks of RAM for our old P4's... -
I've only just found out about this tool! thought I'd share! Problem Steps Recorder
-
School purchase of Apple Hardware suggestions on suppliers
Mark182 replied to klingklang's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
jigsaw 24 Are very good, we use them alot. Really good aftersales support. -
Talk to me about classroom management software...
Mark182 replied to Oaktech's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Impero gets a big thumbs up here. It's really good. -
I have upgraded my server from 10.7.5 to 10.9.1 and also upgraded all my clients. I have installed workgroup manager 10.9 and everything is going fine with regards to setting what applications I want in the dock and homepages ect. Before the upgrade I have network drive shared to mount on the desktop when a students are logged in. I had/have it set up this way > Workgroup manager > Students group> Preferences > Logon> then the name of the share SMB://domain/name of share No joy the share does not mount to the desktop I have tried this command echo "[default]" >> ~/Library/Preferences/nsmb.conf; echo "smb_neg=smb1_only" >> ~/Library/Preferences/nsmb.conf To force it to load SMB1 and not SMB2 as that’s the default for OSX 10.9 Just wondering if someone had come across this issue? – Thanks.
-
I will PM our account manager. Say you want the same deal as us. I will PM you our school name also.
-
Everything but sky movies and XXX channels. We obviously cannot charge for viewing and sky go isn’t included in the package so we cannot view via web browser.
-
We have sky. £68.00 a month. We pay a year off at a time via cheque. We show sky news every day in our student zones to keep them up to date with current affairs, we also have subtitles on sky news to help with reading and we also show sports events when they are on.
-
At the risk of being greedy, please enter us again!
-
Thanks for the info. I think I've got it plannned that I need to do.
-
I voted twice for you, once at work and once at home. Good luck!
-
I know I have posed in the past about this but just need a little more information. Background info. I have a suite of Imacs all running OSX 10.7.5 at the moment. I have a server also running 10.7.5. I manage them with a mixture of workgroup manager and remote desktop. The staff and students log in with their AD credentials and have some windows network shares mounted to the desktop something like this :- smb://example.domain/shared_area As a test I have upgraded my test Imac from 10.7.5 to 10.9 When I log in as a student now I no longer see :- • My windows mounted shares (smb://example.domain/shared_area) on the desktop • My dock has changed (my preferred items not there was set by workgroup manager) • My homepage (set by workgroup manager) • My wallpaper (set by workgroup manager) Now all the apps EG Garageband are moaning at my users when they log in they need updating but I need to move to 10.9 to upgrade. I was just after some advice for the best plan of attack. I have two days at the start of Jan to get this right before the school is back and need the room up and running on 10.9. My plan was update the 10.7.5 server to 10.9 server and then all the clients. My question is how to I remount my share, I’ve read that all I need to do I change it from smb:// to cifs:// and it’ll mount. Is that correct? I’m just after some guidance and if anyone has had to the same as me and any mistakes they made or any recommendations - Thanks!
