-
Posts
791 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Mark182
-
Do you use profile manager? If so, under Finder>Commands and untick "conenct to server" box.
-
Echo AQA GCSE German Active teach Software
Mark182 replied to Mark182's topic in Educational Software
HA! We are running dell desktops with Windows 7! Cheers for the info! -
We are using Echo AQA GCSE German Active teach and have a strange issue where the sound will randomly cut out whilst using the software. The sound is playing through USB Promethean Active inspire software. Things we have tried to no avail :- • New USB extenders • New Cables • Latest version of Active Inspire • Making sure the users have logged off not switch user • Latest firmware for the whiteboard Still the sound will cut out midway. Does anyone else use this software and have similar issues?
-
I love this episode!
-
We've hit the 5 year mark now problem is we have just under 100 boards and projectors :/
-
Thanks for the reply, I also wanted to know how other schools approach their projector life cycle.
-
We have around 40 WS-C2960-48TT-L & 30 WS-C3750G-12S-S along with other cisco kit in place at the moment, they are just over 5 years old, I’m putting together a life cycle plan for the place I work at. I am wondering what sort of life I should expect from them? I also have in my planning laptops, printers and desktops ect I’m fine with that but we have a hell of a lot of permeation PRM-25 that are also 5 years old and my feeling is we’ve had the best out of them. They are all used 8 – 5 5 days a week 40 weeks a year. We maintain them well and only use original bulbs, what sort of life should I be expecting from them?
-
Solved it! I had tried everything I could think of but in the end I reinstalled the server app from the app store (after I backed up profile manager ect) then updated it and rebooted the server. All is good. Just posting in case anyone else ever has the same issue.
-
I have a suite of Imacs all running fine (10.9.4) I have profile manager set up and the Imacs pull down certain settings. I use workgroup manager to get the Imacs to a screen where AD users can log in (they are bound to my apple server and AD) Once they are logged in profile manager then arranges the dock, adds shares to the desktop, adds printers ect. Out of 30 2 of them will not pull down any settings via profile manager. They are enrolled and have the trust profile installed and are in the correct groups. I will list what I have tired:- • I have tried clicking on the Imac (in profile manager) and update info (updates info and task shows as completed) • I have tried un enrolling and re enrolling • I have tried adding to a different group (still won’t pull down any settings) • I have tried reimaging (removing all traces of the Imacs from AD, Profile manager, workgroup manager and remote desktop) Still doesn’t work Interesting points is that when I place them in a group in tells me the task is completed but when I remove them I’m getting Remove Settings : Failed When I’m in profile manager and click on the device and lock it’ll lock! So I know it is in some way communicating. If anyone could help I’m be very grateful.
-
Thanks for the reply, I will price one up
-
for anti virus use AVG or avast for malware use malwarebytes <-- will save your life one day.
-
To cut a long story short, I have been asked to source an A3 scanner and A3 printer for the ARTS department. They are using IMacs (OSX 10.9.4) We have in school a HP colour laserjet CP5220 for A3 printing and it’s been great. Just wondering if anyone had any more recommendations or horror stories what to avoid? Cheers.
-
I've voted!
-
I’ve almost reached my target. I’d be really grateful if anyone else could sponsor me too- Thanks!
-
I would be very grateful and I’m sure The Christie Charitable Fund would be if you would please sponsor me for the Manchester 100 mile ride on the 31st of Aug. I will post some links below. https://www.justgiving.com/MarkOldham <- My Page Homepage - The Christie <- The Christie Manchester 100 Mile: Bike Events Online <- The Bike Ride
-
I’m having the same issue as above. Anyone any ideas how to get this working? :- Source https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=685 add this to your logout hook ################################ #Delete the Users Keychain echo Removing keychain rm ~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain #record this will a log file touch ~/Library/Login/Reset.rft echo "Done" Working for 10.9.4 OSX using AppleScript Editor? I’ve edited some of it down to this :- #Delete the Users Keychain echo delete rm /Library/Keychains/login.keychain Echo “Done But I’ve never created a script for my Macs. It seems to be getting stuck on the . in login.keychain I know in windows I could put “/Library/Keychains/login.keychain” but that doesn’t work. Just wondering if anyone could help / advise?
-
I've PM'd you buddy.
-
We use :- these If you want I can PM you the person I deal with, he's really good.
-
Do students have the correct permissions to access the folder they are in?
-
*This has now been sold*
-
I have for sale my home server I have been using to play around before my 70-410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 starts in September. The server is a Dell PowerEdge T310. I now spend most my time using my virtual machines. Main specs are:- Intel XEON X3470 CPU (2.93ghz) X 2 1TB, Serial ATA, 3.5-IN, 7.2K HARD DRIVE (Hot Swop) 8GB Ram (x2 4GB’s) X 2 Hot Swop PSU’s x 2 faceplate keys. I’m looking for around £200 to be honest. Collection only as it’s very heavy. Any more info please PM me.
-
Does this page load correctly
Mark182 replied to Jobos's topic in East Midlands Broadband Consortium (EMBC)
-
Anyone used VeryPC or Centerprise before? Any good?
Mark182 replied to PrimaryTech's topic in Hardware
@VeryPC are ace! We have used them before. -
Give these guys a call
