-
Posts
791 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Mark182
-
Please make sure you do not have NAT or IP Nat Inside or Source NAT on any of those VLANs. Bonjour does not work with NAT
-
Yeah, we are down again on site
-
Yes, I’d say around that time too. We had users in this morning at 7am using webmail fine. Now it’s unusable. Staff want to kill me.
-
I can second that, We bought some kit from very PC at Easter, very impressed with it and customer service. We will use them again.
-
We are again slow. How can they justify this? I am still chasing up the agreed SLA, do any one have any info on it?
-
Do you use a proxy?
-
same here, we are down again. Staff are going crazy.
-
Recommendations needed for web hosting supplier
Mark182 replied to robk's topic in Recommended Suppliers
We use 1&1 Internet - Home really like them -
Seems to be okay here at the moment. Just very slow.
-
[sims] SIMS - best way to produce video or help sheets for teachers
Mark182 replied to number34's topic in MIS Systems
We use camtasia for all our training videos. -
Just incase anyone did not see this :- Title: ICT Notification Email Outage Description: ICT have recently experienced a number of concerted malicious attacks on the network. The network security solution has ensured that these attacks have not compromised the network but they do create an excessive load on the network. The excessive load created by the malicious attack can have an adverse effect on the performance of all of the school Internet services. In order to mitigate against the effect these network attacks are having on the network a change was implemented at 8am Tuesday 11th June which included a change to the configuration of the Email service. ICT were first notified of an issue when an incident was raised by a school at 9:51am on Wednesday 12th June. This incident was immediately assigned to our team of network engineers for investigation. A solution was identified and a resolution plan was agreed and the required changes scheduled for 4:00pm on Wednesday 12th June which required a short break in all Internet services for schools. A message was posted on the Schools' Portal at 2:00pm on Wednesday 12th June informing all schools of the issue and the planned short disruption to resolve the issue. The planned solution was implemented at 4:00pm as scheduled with a brief outage of the email service but resulted in an immediate improvement to the email performance. A stress test was performed which supported the improvement and the service has been monitored closely since the change was implemented. The service will continue to be closely monitored Please forward to: Not Applicable Related Information: Not Applicable Type of Action Required: None Deadline for completing the action: Not Applicable Contact: OCL ICT Services, 0845 053 0006, [email protected]
-
Yes, Our Moodle has been up and down all morning
-
My school are looking to bring this in house. It’s been going downhill for the last couple of months also with the price rise in CELO services has not gone down to well here as well.
-
Ha, I love this!
-
Ours seems to be okay for now...
-
Thanks for the advice, I know the LA have been looking into Office 365 since December but I’ve heard nothing back. I have been looking at office 365 and the different plans MS offer. Are you all using the free plan or the £2 per student per month plan?
-
Yeah, that is something we have been looking into with the different plans MS offer. Do you use office 365?
-
At the moment our webmail server is over at county and is managed by them. I only have access to create new users and distribution lists. Over the last few months our webmail service from the LA has been poor and has finally gone AWOL. After SLT expressing their concern at the slowness and giving me an earful I have said let’s get it on site then. I’m just after a bit of advice really. I’m 100% keen on buying a new server on site here for this role. • Should we carry on with Webmail or Exchange (would have to change rolling profiles ect) • Anyone ideas on costing? • Users have 2GB mail limits at the moment • Migrating all the data over Thanks in advance.
-
Same here! it's a joke. It's unusable at the moment. Also I got this E-mail from OC :- apologies for the issues your school is having with Outlook Web Access. As discussed, the issue is part of a wider known problem which is being looked into as Problem Record PM00000144. This requires a new server to be created and linked to the Exchange system in order to clear the failure. This is on-going and will be dealt with as soon as possible. As mentioned the workaround is to use the Light version of OWA until the fix is in place. once again, an apology for the disruption this is causing.
-
I have just seen this below and thought I'd post it on here:- Lancashire County Council's Vacancies Database Term Full-time - Term Time only. Perm / FTC Permanent. Required (ASAP ) . Hours 37 hours a week. Closing Date 18/01/2013 at 4pm. Directorate Children and Young People Schools. Location Pendle Vale College, Oxford Road, Nelson, Lancashire, BB9 8JG Tel: 01282 682240 School website: Home Summary Pendle Vale College is looking for someone who can make a significant contribution by supporting staff and students in their use of ICT. The post holder will be responsible for working in a team to provide first line ICT support across the College and will contribute to the continued development of ICT provision and associated services such as Moodle, iTunesU, the Internet and Life Channel. The successful applicant will have extensive experience of using Apple Mac computers (MacBooks, iMacs etc.), Apple technology (iPads etc.) and associated software (OS:X, iOS, iTunes, AppStore etc). They will be well organised, a good communicator (both written and verbally), able to work under pressure and to deadlines, be able to identify and resolve problems under their own initiative and enjoy a constantly evolving working environment. Desirable Qualifications 4 GCSE's (Grade A* - C) or equivalent. Recognised and relevant NVQ Level 3. Essential Experience Experience of support and maintenance of ICT applications and networking. Excellent ICT experience. Extensive knowledge of using Apple Mac computers and devices. For an informal discussion please contact: Mr S Blakey on 01282 682240 (ext 13075). Proposed Interview Date: 28/01/2013 Equal Opportunities statement An Equal Opportunities Employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community
-
I have a Brother HL-3040CN Printer, I want to set this up in my apple MAC room. So on my server (using OSX 10.7 server) I loaded up the CUPS interface and went about adding the printer, I discovered I needed to download the latest driver for CUPS so I did this from the brother website and installed it all fine, Now the CUPS driver now shows when I’m setting up my printer. I go through all the setting and set it up. Then using the workgroup I set the printer as default for all users (staff and students) when I print from the server it prints fine but when I log on in my MAC room and try to print no matter what I print the printer just prints out 100’s of blank pages......just wondering if I’ve missed anything or if someone could help?
-
At the moment we get our tags from a manufacturer but we are looking to bring asset tagging in house EG printing our own labels. Does anybody know or use any Asset Marking Equipment or could recommend any?
-
Just after abit of advise really. We have 30 Imacs in our music room, we have a server running 10.7.5 server. I am about to set up CUPS as my print server. I would like some advice on a printer. I want a printer that can be networked and easy to configure and share with all my 30 Imacs. It has to be a colour printer with low toner cost. Thanks in advance for any advise.
-
Hi All, We have a suite of 30 Macs in our music room and a couple of Ipads. Our music teacher wants to be able to control his teacher MAC from his IPAD. We cannot use logmein123 or things like that, as they are blocked via the LA. I’m not an apple mac expert. I’ve had a look on this forum and on the appstore and cannot seem to find anything. I was wondering if anyone could recommend me something – Thanks
