Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Mark182

Members
  • Posts

    791
  • Joined

Everything posted by Mark182

  1. Same issue here! We’ve done a clean install of 10.10 done the PRAM reset and this fix and tried repair permissions utility but still no joy. I do believe as others have said it’s something to do with Mbox 2 and Mbox Mini boxes we have. I think a good test for us is to boot some up with just a keyboard and mouse and no external devices plugged and see how we get on.
  2. Mark182

    Ssd for mac

    Depending on your OS you might want to read this
  3. It's fine here
  4. I got this last night! [email protected] Neville Boone Test mesage 320017F "hi there Shooting started 27 October 2009. Alarmed, Santana claims that she was only sleeping with Brittany because Puck was not available. The first mayor of the town was Nikolaus Hermann, and Lauban received its own seal. Extraversion, and both tend to move toward others to the same degree, but they may be doing it for quite different reasons. "
  5. Ah no worries!
  6. What model are they and spec?
  7. Voted and confirmed via E-mail. Good luck!
  8. We used the workgroup manager fix and it worked for us.
  9. Hum..Id look in event viewer like @X-13 said and then look at sending them back, I'm guessing you have the RTB warranty? Could be a BIOS issue of serval of them are doing it? Out of interest what OS are you using? We had a slimier issue with some Lenovo laptops we downgraded from Win8 with the official Lenovo drivers to Win7, turns out the wireless LAN card is not compatible fully with Win7.
  10. My first port of call would be to speak to @VeryPC
  11. Thanks for that. The printers are wired into a mini £10 unbranded switch/could be a hub then a 30M cable back to the router. They mainly print invoices.
  12. In the long term yes, probably look at getting him a better spec machine but for now no, don’t want to stop his business running, I will probably build a new server side by side the machine he is running now and then it’ll be a simple cross over.
  13. Ah yes, just remoted in and its 32bit so RAM upgrades a no go…
  14. No budget as of yet, I just want to give him a list of things that can be carried out and the benefit of what each will do, no one’s ever explained anything to him in the past. I know the desktops have very cheap wireless adaptors. It says it’s a “switch” but I would not trust it. I did not take down the model or anything.
  15. Ah yes, I forgot to say, looking at upgrading the RAM on the "server" as a quick starting point.
  16. I have taken over IT support for a very small company. The owner doesn’t know anything about IT. He tells me he’s had a load of work done but doesn’t know what from the previous IT support…There isn’t any paperwork regarding the network. I will list what he’s got that I took notes of from our quick meeting:- • TP-link wireless-n usb ADSL+ router td-w8968 • 4 computers (all windows 7) • 2 printers (shared) • 1 laptop • Own website (lots of uploading, will get onto that) • Mcfree LifeSafe – internet Security installed on all desktops • Zen Internet as service provider – download speed 6.73Mbps upload 0.91Mbps He runs a 30M cable from his router downstairs to his desktop with windows 7 with these add ons installed, Microsoft SQL server 2008, Microsoft SQL server 2008 R2 Microsoft visual Studio 2008 and SQL backupandFTP. The spec of that computer is 2.8 duo CPU and 3 GB RAM. He also has a 1 TB NAS connected. All test of the devices are connected via wireless. He has a cheap mini unbranded £10 5 port switch from his 30M cable from the router to his “server” and printers. His IP range has been configured to start from 192.168.1.37.. He main issue is slowness and when uploading to his website. Things will freeze and they “network” is in a pretty bad way. Just wanted some advice on how to start on the minefield. I was thinking increasing his internet package as they do loads of uploading, virus scan all devices and give them an MOT, sorting out his doddgy wiring and compiling some network documentation, creating them a working back up solution, any one any more advise? Thanks.
  17. I gave up after 1 hour 40 mins. I think I will try again tomorrow. Gold help the person how answers the phone.
  18. Same here! It's a big no no.
  19. We use the following:- Schoolcomms SISRA Cashless Catering – live register MLS Moodle GroupCall Impero School Cash Office
  20. I’ve rang support on 01753 658585 and given them my AVID SUPPORT CODE xxxxxxxx, been on the phone 1 hour 12 mins and still not got through to anyone!! What’s the longest anyone has been on hold?
  21. We use :- Delta Electronics Europe Ltd 1 Redwood Court Peel Park Campus East Kilbride South Lanarkshire G74 5PF 01355 588 877
  22. I have updated all the schools Imacs over the weekend from mavericks to Yosemite. When a new user logs it its giving me the "sign in with your apple ID” screen. I know the students can press skip and it’ll load fine but is there a way to cut this out using Profile Manager or WGM? Cheers.
  23. Windows is broken and I can't access the Internet.. - - - Updated - - - Windows is broken and I cannot access the Internet!
  24. I’d buy a new bigger house, buy a couple of cheap houses and rent them out where I live (Burnley). Quit my job and open up a nice little computer repair shop/internet café to keep me ticking over and a little extra income. Bank the left over and see how it goes I guess…
  25. Mark182

    Home Drives

    Oh I've just clicked, we have it set up a little different here. I have shared drives mapped on the desktop and the Home drive is in the dock next too teh trash icon.
×
×
  • Create New...