Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Mark182

Members
  • Posts

    791
  • Joined

Everything posted by Mark182

  1. Mark182

    OSX Suite rebuild

    Anyone any ideas?
  2. Mark182

    OSX Suite rebuild

    Just formatted the mac server as I wanted a clean start and we’ve created a new domain. I have joined it to the domain and got, deploy studio, open directory, profile manager ect installed. Got almost everything set up as I want it apart from mapping windows shares…. I had profile manager set to “log in items” and map a share like this – (Authenticated network mounts) smb://fileserver.domain.sch.uk/Share_Staff&Students Now when I map this - smb://newfileserver.newdomain.sch.uk/Share_Staff&Students It errors out, but in profile manager under finder and “commands” if I un tick “connect to server” It automatically maps our staff and students share and also our staff share where students can browse any files they like…I have been looking at this the last few days and cannot workout what’s wrong. I don’t use WGM anymore as you cannot download it with 10.10.5, they only other thing to change since I formatted the mac server is we have moved over to Windows server 2012R2 as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  3. Yeah, please. I will PM you my E-mail address.
  4. We use Spiceworks and its great for us
  5. We have just signed up to roombookingsystem and its all up and running as it should be. We want our staff to sign into it using their AD credentials but don't have a public facing IP address. Just wondering if anyone else has the AD side up and running and can offer some advise - Thanks.
  6. This Gutted its over for another year and Humans on C4 is all I have time for.
  7. We had this yesterday....A quick restart of the affected desktops seemed to resolve it. only happened to a couple of users. no idea why yet.
  8. We use these they have been really good for us. I can PM you our contacts E-mail address if you like.
  9. Try this software I've always found it ok. I would plug the HDD into another computer as a "slave" and scan it that way? or maybe just install it and scan the drive and see if it brings anything back.
  10. Something like this? Do you use this ?
  11. I am looking to do the Manchester 100 Mile bike ride again this year. If anyone would like to sponsor me I’d be very grateful, as all the money raised goes to The Christie Charity.
  12. Have you "Pinned" them?
  13. We had an issue where if a user manually shut down a device when it was next turned on and logged in it would try and run our "shut down" as it had not been run at our set time, if that makes sense. Not sure if you have kind of the same issue.
  14. We have Impero here. 350 workstations and 10 console. It's a lot of money but is really good. You can haggle the price down as well.
  15. Mark182

    CCNA

    @Joanne No, I had Phil T. I did the first ccna 1 in 2007 had 5 years off and did the rest 2013/14 and passed my full CCNA in Aug 14. I found the exam hard! I had 4 Sims in the one I passed.
  16. Mark182

    CCNA

    EDIT - though, if someone up on current affairs can verify this, if you do the CCENT you still get ICND 1 which is half a CCNA (and can be used towards it.) That right? Yeah, that's correct.
  17. Mark182

    CCNA

    I did my at Burnley College (I know not in London) Took me 2 years, took one course every 6 months up to 4 and then studied for another few months before doing my CCNA exam. I failed first time with 76% then re took a few weeks later and got 89%. I would say packet tracer this book and lessons at college will help. Make sure you take the time to learn sub netting. Use packet tracer as much as possible and just play around setting things up.
  18. Mark182

    OSX Suite rebuild

    Yeah, I have been toying with using Profile manager a go with deploying and managing printers. I can't say we use WGM anymore. I will defiantly give Munki a go looks really good.
  19. Thanks for all the information and mainly the advice, links ect. At the moment the main thing is the tiredness, need to get that under control, knocking biking and football on the head until it get on the right path.
  20. Mark182

    OSX Suite rebuild

    This summer we are creating a new domain, new servers ect… I am planning to rebuild our MAC suite. We have x 30 Imacs (Mid 2011) x 1 Pro Sever (2010) x 5 Mac book Pros (mid 2012) 15 ipads and x 10 apple TV’s. Currently we are set up like this – • All bound to AD for logging in and network shares mounted at log in. • Profile manager to manage settings (used to use workgroup manager) • Deploy studio to create images and deploy them • Remote desktop to deploy software • Current OS 10.10.3 • CUPS to deploy and manage printers Just wanted to know what other people are using software wise ect as I am not a big fan of CUPS for managing and deploying printers or any tips/hints. In summer we’ll be using MDM via lightspeed to manage our Ipads and Apple TV’s.
  21. you need to put in under user name :- [email protected] (whatever your E-mail is)
  22. Thanks for all the advice and links. I have pretty much accepted it and just looking for ways to manage it. I will know more once I have had more tests. I am just happy to have something to go off as in the last 5 weeks I’ve been quite ill and not a clue what’s been wrong.
  23. I know this is not a medical forum but I am not a member of one and seen some quite diverse topics here… Long story short, I have been in a lot of pain the last 5 weeks. Had numerous tests ect and turns out its very likely I have Crohn's Disease, to be confirmed once I have an endoscopy. My main are symptoms are – abdominal pain mainly lower right side burning pain in lower abdomen extreme tiredness unintended weight loss (due to lack of lack of appetite) blood in stools (not always) I put the blood down to a lot of cycling I do, but in the last 5 weeks it’s hit me for 6. I’ve barley been able to function and had to drag myself to ride my bike or play football (has made me even more tired) I’ve never usually suffered from anything like this in my life. Some family members have IBS. When I saw the stats of around 3 in 20 people have some form of it and it mainly occurs from the ages of 18 – 30 (I am 28). I guess this leads me to why I am posting here, just wondered if anyone else has it or any advice?! I don’t smoke and even drink, haven’t had one for 5 / 6 years, just grew out of it having kids ect. I know triggers such as stress can trigger it. I don’t think I am stressed more than usual. In fact me and my missus have just planned to get married next year and been having lots of fun planning it after saving up what feels like forever.
  24. We'd also be keen to give it a bash!
×
×
  • Create New...